Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:44 pm 
Offline
Bantamweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:46 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
maybe a match with our own Randy "Kumong Bato" Suico is a good one for Michael Katsidis if he really wanna fight Manny Pacquiao...And this fight also cud benefit Suico bcoz he has a great power too..and maybe more powerful than Katsidis..Katsidis could knock his opponent with barrage of punches bt Suico can do it by one hell of punch.. :o

Advantage for Suico

- Michael Katsidis doesn't have a good defense so he can launch his bombs on him.

Advantage fo Michael Katsidis

- Suico is a flat-footed specimen..easy target too....

what's ur take????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:04 am
Posts: 5311
Katsidis has a fast hand. This could be another Diaz vs Suico.
But i like Suico to win. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:45 am
Posts: 209
showstopper wrote:
maybe a match with our own Randy "Kumong Bato" Suico is a good one for Michael Katsidis if he really wanna fight Manny Pacquiao...And this fight also cud benefit Suico bcoz he has a great power too..and maybe more powerful than Katsidis..Katsidis could knock his opponent with barrage of punches bt Suico can do it by one hell of punch.. :o

Advantage for Suico

- Michael Katsidis doesn't have a good defense so he can launch his bombs on him.

Advantage fo Michael Katsidis

- Suico is a flat-footed specimen..easy target too....

what's ur take????



I think Suico has a good chance in winning against Katsidis compare to the one w/c eric morales fought recently (DIAZ) not sure of the 1st name though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:11 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:04 am
Posts: 5311
kuribayashi wrote:
showstopper wrote:
maybe a match with our own Randy "Kumong Bato" Suico is a good one for Michael Katsidis if he really wanna fight Manny Pacquiao...And this fight also cud benefit Suico bcoz he has a great power too..and maybe more powerful than Katsidis..Katsidis could knock his opponent with barrage of punches bt Suico can do it by one hell of punch.. :o

Advantage for Suico

- Michael Katsidis doesn't have a good defense so he can launch his bombs on him.

Advantage fo Michael Katsidis

- Suico is a flat-footed specimen..easy target too....

what's ur take????



I think Suico has a good chance in winning against Katsidis compare to the one w/c eric morales fought recently (DIAZ) not sure of the 1st name though


I'm referring to Juan Diaz btw, Nakakalito. Daming diaz sa boxing hehe..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:37 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:20 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Sta. Ana, Cagayan
yeah, promoters should experiment on suico now. let's see if he still has something that he needs to showcase, time is running out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:00 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 352
Location: Philippines
I think this will be a good fight. But Suico should match the intensity of Katsidis or he'll go down.

_________________
DO IT WITH STYLE OR DON'T BOTHER DOING IT..

Please visit my blogsites:
The Fighting Pride: http://thefightingpride.wordpress.com/
Warriors at Heart: http://warriorsatheart.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:25 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:33 am
Posts: 624
Location: cebu city
RONCHIMATA wrote:
I think this will be a good fight. But Suico should match the intensity of Katsidis or he'll go down.


I was just about to post the same idea. Katz doesn't defend as well as Juan Diaz, but Randy doesnt punch as much as Katz. Should make an interesting fight. Sad though coz I dont want to root against the great Katsidis... He was proud to wear the Philippine flag on him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:50 pm
Posts: 277
Location: Winterfell
I think it's good for suico, mainly because both of them likes to go toe to toe. suico got a tough chin, so even if he receives a lot of leather, he should have a better chance for unleashing that powerful 1-2 combo of his.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:49 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:51 pm
Posts: 634
GOOD MATCH-UP..I GO FOR MICHAEL KATSIDIS BY UD. SUICO HAS THE KO PUNCH BUT KATSIDIS CAN ALSO TAKE A PUNCH. ON THE OTHER HAND, SUICO IS A STANDING TARGET SO KATS PUNCHES WILL SURELY FIND ITS MARK..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:49 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:13 pm
Posts: 1475
Location: manila
If Amonsot, arguably the no.3 lightweight filipino, disfigured the face of Katsi "the hyped", lol, then its safe
to say that Suico, the no.1 lightweight filipino, will KO Katsidis.


I dont think Katsi can absorb the heavy hands of Suico.. its too much for Katsidis.
Katsi have faster hands, but i dont think it will matter because they are both brawlers..

i hope Koizumi will pit him to this hyped guy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:36 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5350
Oh, yes, I like this match-up. Power of Suico versus Katsidis' heart. It will be an exciting brawl ! Suico like a post, and Katsidis attacking ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:37 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 459
Location: Hongkong
A well-conditioned Suico can take Katsidis best punches. Suico punches heavier than Amonsot. Katsidis does not have a defense like Juan Diaz. Katsidis is a come-forward fighter. The Australian is 5'6" while Randy is about 5'9" with obviously a reach advantage too. All of these favors Suico against Katsidis.

My foremost presciption is for Komong Bato to be in the best condition. Then he polish more on his timing and speed.
His long jabs if improved could be very lethal for Katsidis. Against an onrushing opponent like Katz, the Cebuano's vaunted uppercut could be a potent weapon.

And a final recommendation: Let Kumong Bato train at the Wild Card for better sparring partners and good conditioning coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:40 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 463
Location: pasay
It is David Diaz the WBC lightweight champion who fought and defeated morales that is the next diaz, Suico is aining for since OPBF is an affiliate of WBC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:06 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:16 pm
Posts: 1876
Location: Cebu Paclanders
Where's the Artwork?!!

I'm still hoping that Randy Suico would win a belt... :D
katsidis would be a good match-up for kumong bato...

_________________
"Faith rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Katsidis vs. Suico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:32 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 333
this a great match up..and i think has Suico has a great chance of winning..

I go for this match up! Nice! sana mangyari..

_______________makaurag____________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group