Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:41 pm 
Heavyweight

http://philboxing.com/news/story-14417.html

IMO, ARUM RULES OUT SUICO-DAVID DIAZ FIGHT simply because it will hinder his plans for Manny this year. Remember Roach said that Team Pacquiao will be collecting belts this 2008 after he met Arum in Manny's B-day party at GenSan where they have a business meeting as well as the signing of JMM-MP contract fight.

If Suico-D. Diaz push thru and Suico wins against D. Diaz we all know that the percentage is big that Suico can pull this one out so then speaking here with a prophetic tongue, Manny vs. D. Diaz in 2008 will not be possible. Again, going back to Arum's rumored career plan for Manny. D. Diaz is Manny's ladder to have a megafight with Hatton given that Manny will triumph against JMM and D. Diaz.

My bad imagination... What do you think guys?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:05 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:

Bad indeed, Good one for suico, if not he will be schooled once again.. just my thoughts :lol:

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

David Diaz might end up as a tune up fight of MP for JD... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:07 pm 
Flyweight

I agree with you bro!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i think it's good that this fight got called off. i think suico would've gotten tko'd and put another ding in the RP run for world titles in '08.

i think ganoy is more deserving of a world title shot than suico.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

suico and ganoy i think are at the same level...remember ganoy was ko'd by katsidis in 5 rounds...ganoy lacks stamina while suico lacks the jab, speed and footwork...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:42 pm 
Welterweight

Suico needs an eliminator fight first. Good for him. Ganoy's rank is better in the IBF. Ganoy is 30+ in the WBC ranking. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

poor Ganoy and Suico.. .
8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:02 pm 
Welterweight

st_ang3r wrote:
suico and ganoy i think are at the same level...remember ganoy was ko'd by katsidis in 5 rounds...ganoy lacks stamina while suico lacks the jab, speed and footwork...

They're not of the same level pre, suico's much better than ganoy...if ever katsidis v. suico fight will happen, suico's gonna k.o. katsidis...that's for sure. :thunder:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:

IMO, ARUM RULES OUT SUICO-DAVID DIAZ FIGHT simply because it will hinder his plans for Manny this year. Remember Roach said that Team Pacquiao will be collecting belts this 2008 after he met Arum in Manny's B-day party at GenSan where they have a business meeting as well as the signing of JMM-MP contract fight.

If Suico-D. Diaz push thru and Suico wins against D. Diaz we all know that the percentage is big that Suico can pull this one out so then speaking here with a prophetic tongue, Manny vs. D. Diaz in 2008 will not be possible. Again, going back to Arum's rumored career plan for Manny. D. Diaz is Manny's ladder to have a megafight with Hatton given that Manny will triumph against JMM and D. Diaz.

Its not a bad imagination bro it is a Good observation you are right, Suico can win a fight to Diaz def and Manny can win to Juana. So the effect is Manny should fight Suico or go to Juan a high risk fight for their program to Hatton!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Ddreamer wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

Its not a bad imagination bro it is a Good observation you are right, Suico can win a fight to Diaz def and Manny can win to Juana. So the effect is Manny should fight Suico or go to Juan a high risk fight for their program to Hatton!

thanks bro... but still if happen suico-diaz is one hell of a fight... Diaz go forward style is tailored fit for slow but hard punching suico. IMO again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:55 pm 
Lightweight

it should be amonsot vs diaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:00 pm 
Heavyweight

worm wrote:
it should be amonsot vs diaz

What the hek!!!

Amonsot!!! Do you want him to be the next after that Korean boxer... susmaryosep patawarin ka bro... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:41 pm 
Heavyweight

bigatooth wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

Bad indeed, Good one for suico, if not he will be schooled once again.. just my thoughts :lol:

i don't think being made into a punching bag is called being schooled.
that beating suico took from the baby bull would've surely cooked his brains.
leave suico alone. he's good enough in asia. where he makes a living as a boxer. everytime he fights in america his life is shorten. stop this nonsense dream about suico.
also. stop comparing suico to ganoy. ganoy is on a winning streak. ganoy is showing improvement everytime he fights, that's why he's winning.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:54 pm 
Heavyweight

wakee salud was seriously lobbying for suico vs diaz in the pac-jmm 2 undercard. arum however throws the idea and reasoned out that he is already commited to a fighter named montoya.

the question is who the hell is this montoya guy? i think arum wants an easy fight for diaz to ensure a pac vs diaz in july this year. while diaz can probably win against suico, we must remember that suico has a strong punch and can knock out anybody with a single "lucky" punch. knowing arum, he definitely wants to take away that possibility.