Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:11 pm 
Featherweight

mr.takamura wrote:
Ricky Hatton can challenge hard punching pilipino Randy Suico to a fight in 140 pounds and if Suico loses Ricky Hatton can be a more marketable fighter for a Manny Pacquiao showdown in the future and if Suico win he will become a popular fighter like Manny Pacquioa

In my opinion suico's should already be ready for big fights a long time ago if he would have a very good trainer like roach......

If he faces hatton on his current style of fighting, he would be a punching bag like in his fight against juan diaz.. honest opinion..hehehe

:D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:48 pm 
Heavyweight

mr.takamura wrote:
Tweeker Aliens wrote:
dude, i know suico is a heavy handed talent in asia, but in the world wide scene...he simply cant hang. hatton will easily have his way IMO. If diaz could slap suico around then hatton will probably put a beatdown and win easily. thats jus what logic tells me...but i do want to see suico build back up to the elite level... but ricky hatton may be jus plain pipe dreams. get him in there with katsidis or maybe amir khan. those look winnable....kinda lol. suico needs more then a knockout punch. he needs to improve his defense and footwork if hes gonna make it on the elite level. but i will be wishing him the best.

but Randy will have some physical advantages like youth 28 yrs old and height 5'9

it's not enough,TS.

those things only look good on paper. 8)

It takes forever to know everything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:47 am 
Middleweight

mr.takamura wrote:
Tweeker Aliens wrote:
dude, i know suico is a heavy handed talent in asia, but in the world wide scene...he simply cant hang. hatton will easily have his way IMO. If diaz could slap suico around then hatton will probably put a beatdown and win easily. thats jus what logic tells me...but i do want to see suico build back up to the elite level... but ricky hatton may be jus plain pipe dreams. get him in there with katsidis or maybe amir khan. those look winnable....kinda lol. suico needs more then a knockout punch. he needs to improve his defense and footwork if hes gonna make it on the elite level. but i will be wishing him the best.

but Randy will have some physical advantages like youth 28 yrs old and height 5'9

speed is the key though...with out it..he is just going to be a punching bag trying to score a KO...Ricky is fast and has excellent footwork. Its just going to be a Suico VS Juan Diaz type of fight again with a possible KO coming from the Hitman. And he is just going to get slower if you add another 5 lbs. He is still fighting as a Lightweight right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:02 am 
Middleweight

mr.takamura wrote:
Ricky Hatton can challenge hard punching pilipino Randy Suico to a fight in 140 pounds and if Suico loses Ricky Hatton can be a more marketable fighter for a Manny Pacquiao showdown in the future and if Suico win he will become a popular fighter like Manny Pacquioa

That's enough Joe Koizumi :lol: