Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:52 pm 
Featherweight

Mayol, just like Clottey, dropped the ball and wasted a big opportunity. I think Calderon is already past his prime and is ripe for the taking. Mayol should have been more aggressive, unless he can't take a punch from a 34-year-old with only 6 KOs in 32 fights. Calderon did not even have to resort to his trademark hit and run style, because Mayol was just content on countering his opponent. But then again, toughness has been one of Mayol's bigger flaws. There is no doubt that he has talent and skills, but judging from his losses, i really don't take he is tough enough to take a punch. Maybe he can make up for this flaw by improving his boxing skills and defense.

But i really hope that the draw and people criticizing and dismissing him will not deter or discourage Mayol. Prove us wrong, Mayol. If he continues to work and train harder on improving himself, then it's something far more impressive than all his talents and skills combined.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

gerrymeneses wrote:
At first Mayol show a great fight but still can't do his assignments. He was given two chances (R5 & R6) by the ref. hold the scene and the Dr. look the bad cut of Calderon if he is fine.
But Mayol has no power, no style and doesn't think how to finish Calderon. What a lame, no improvements and i think he don't deserve a draw. He has no future in boxing better him to retire and sell Balut in Mayon Volcano.

are you playing stupid or you're simply stupid? Mayol fought an undefeated mite that ran around the ring like a squirrel. How can you knockout something like that?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 am 
Light Heavyweight

gerrymeneses wrote:
At first Mayol show a great fight but still can't do his assignments. He was given two chances (R5 & R6) by the ref. hold the scene and the Dr. look the bad cut of Calderon if he is fine.
But Mayol has no power, no style and doesn't think how to finish Calderon. What a lame, no improvements and i think he don't deserve a draw. He has no future in boxing better him to retire and sell Balut in Mayon Volcano.

no power? kung legal lang mang K.O. ang mga boxers sa civilians kasali ka na sa KO record niya.Alamin mo muna record niya bago mo sabihing wala siyang power. lul.

What a lame? what a grammar? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mas lalo na ikaw kung nag boxing ka wala kang future punching bag ka lang, and mas lalong wala kang future kahit sa pagtitinda ng balut.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:31 am 
Welterweight

I thought this was a comforting type of trend.. panglalait pala.. tsk! tsk! tsk!

Why do you people do that when other pinoy boxers lose? you are the lame one. why don't you be the one to sell balut since you thought of it first. it's like telling balut vendors they too are lame. i hope you get a right straight from mayol to sink you deep into Mayon Volcano! jack***

Though i really think mayol should still improve on some things like his punches travel long. but i think what prompted calderon to stop fighting and called the refs attention was a punch to the forehead (that's what i saw) and wasn't a headbutt.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:58 am 
Welterweight

He should have been more aggressive, the moment Calderon sustained a cut..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 pm 
Middleweight

gerrymeneses wrote:

TS needs to sell balut now... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm 
Heavyweight

I would like to see Mayol defend his title on Pac-PBF undercard.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:15 pm 
Heavyweight

Retz wrote:
I would like to see Mayol defend his title on Pac-PBF undercard.

Nice suggestion Retz...

Very possible since Mayol was from PM promotions.