Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

cinderella_man wrote:
jezZzka wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
Kyowa fight was the last good fight of Mayol after that his career was on the decline... Mayol is not BUM but is becoming a journeyman. :(

yes he may become a journeyman.. but rising stars must be wise not to pick him as a tune-up fight or stay-busy fight, they may end up losing against mayol..

but don't lose hope, with his showing against calderon, he might get another chance for a world title.
I can't understand why Mayol was so tentative against Calderon who's KO power is so limited compare to his fight against Kyowa and Solis whom he had engaged more given the fact that those boxers were known to be a big puncher????

Mayol seems not to be an intelligent fighter in the ring, he may have use his size and reach advantage against the sleek Calderon but he chose to follow him thru-out the fight... His 2 chances are wasted IMO....

his only chance is to stalk calderon, if he tried to wait for calderon, then it will be a boring fight and since mayol is the challenger, he might end up losing the decision by waiting to counter for the whole fight.. if he chooses to throw jabs, calderon will just run away from him.. he made a good job applying constant pressure to calderon.. but the judges didn't saw the fight for mayol's favor..

DL-629 NGO to MNL time of departure 2050, june 30 2011.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 pm 
Welterweight

Mayol put up a fight against the champion.He's just don't have the luck at all.All Calderon did was to run like chicken Gayweather & of course hometown decision will occur.For me the best fight out there will be against WBA champ Giovanni Segura because of their styles.I hope he can have another title shot and I think he deserve that.Better luck next time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Just mere Hometown decision! Nothing to be ashamed of Mayol!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:45 pm 
Heavyweight

jezZzka wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
jezZzka wrote:
yes he may become a journeyman.. but rising stars must be wise not to pick him as a tune-up fight or stay-busy fight, they may end up losing against mayol..

but don't lose hope, with his showing against calderon, he might get another chance for a world title.
I can't understand why Mayol was so tentative against Calderon who's KO power is so limited compare to his fight against Kyowa and Solis whom he had engaged more given the fact that those boxers were known to be a big puncher????

Mayol seems not to be an intelligent fighter in the ring, he may have use his size and reach advantage against the sleek Calderon but he chose to follow him thru-out the fight... His 2 chances are wasted IMO....

his only chance is to stalk calderon, if he tried to wait for calderon, then it will be a boring fight and since mayol is the challenger, he might end up losing the decision by waiting to counter for the whole fight.. if he chooses to throw jabs, calderon will just run away from him.. he made a good job applying constant pressure to calderon.. but the judges didn't saw the fight for mayol's favor..
stalking without throwing 1-2's is useless, Mayol stalked Calderon where he should have been cut the ring more effectively.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:51 pm 
Cruiserweight

mayol was trying to throw combinations.. but calderon was so quick evading and backpedaling. have you watched the fight? mayol landed some of his shots, but that wasn't enough to win the fight..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:04 pm 
Lightweight

Guys we have a new rules in judging . . If you run and dont throw many punch you win but if your aggresive and throw punch as many as you can you will lose . .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:07 pm 
Heavyweight

CALDERUN does it again. :?

runs and gets away with it.

congrats mayol! you are the winner here 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm 
Heavyweight

jezZzka wrote:
mayol was trying to throw combinations.. but calderon was so quick evading and backpedaling. have you watched the fight? mayol landed some of his shots, but that wasn't enough to win the fight..
trying and not landing a punch will not win the fight esp. if you're the challenger and the fight held in PR. Let us be objective here Mayol didn't do enough to win the fight that's the harsh reality we have to accept.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

cinderella_man wrote:
jezZzka wrote:
trying and not landing a punch will not win the fight esp. if you're the challenger and the fight held in PR. Let us be objective here Mayol didn't do enough to win the fight that's the harsh reality we have to accept.

that's what i'm trying to say :P have you read my posts? page 1 i guess...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:28 pm 
Heavyweight

jezZzka wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
jezZzka wrote:

that's what i'm trying to say :P have you read my posts? page 1 i guess...
Nope I didn't. You're the one who quoted me in page 3, remember? Ive just picked up from there.. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:43 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
jezZzka wrote:

mayol may not have done enough, but caldero did nothing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:49 pm 
Heavyweight

radeon wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
jezZzka wrote:

mayol may not have done enough, but caldero did nothing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
he did something... R-U-N...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 pm 
Heavyweight

calderon's a runner... i could've hoped mayol was prepared for such tactics... but well... that's all history by now...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:02 pm 
Cruiserweight

our new world champion. :celebrate:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:09 am 
Cruiserweight

go mayol! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next