Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:08 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:21 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Shanghai, China
Im proud of mayol but i think that was his last chance. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 am
Posts: 132
jukahman wrote:
FI_LIMON wrote:
jezZzka wrote:
see how he fought? he really wanted to win.. the decision can go either way..
the decision can go either way.. sadly, calderon won.
i'm proud of filipino fighters like mayol..
are you?


why so defensive? Ahhh..he lost 8)


AKALA KO NA BAN KANA BRO..lol..HI


why should I be. My posts are intelligent and I promote a lively and healthy discussion. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:13 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:25 am
Posts: 1774
Location: earth
mayol should be welcomed by business society of the philippines.
he can choose if he wants to sell puto, pancit, suman, tempura or kendi in the sidewalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 327
Location: USA
teddyA wrote:
Im proud of mayol but i think that was his last chance. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:


Nah..after this performance, i'm sure he'll land another shot for a world title..he can carry a pretty exciting fight..unlike Calderon using the Roadrunner tactic..man..i can understand what he did in a business point of view..but as a fellow boxer, that was disgraceful on Calderon's part..i can see why HBO doesn't want to offer him any type of slots on their PPV fights

_________________
"I'll fight you anytime, anyplace you little goya bean!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:34 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:43 am
Posts: 2191
expect PBF to the same against JMM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:20 pm
Posts: 12707
Location: Yokohama
Kyowa fight was the last good fight of Mayol after that his career was on the decline... Mayol is not BUM but is becoming a journeyman. :(

_________________
“The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.” -Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 9293
Location: RECTO
Viloria VS Calderbon!

_________________
Donald Trump

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:21 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 327
Location: USA
Runito_The_FLush wrote:
archer wrote:
congrats mayol... :jumpballs:

youre the true champion.. hope it could be official in your next fight..


he's a BUM... viewtopic.php?f=63&t=144049&hilit=


Why don't you fight him and see if he is BUM material?

_________________
"I'll fight you anytime, anyplace you little goya bean!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:48 am
Posts: 7256
Location: Sa malayo hindi kita...
Result should've been different if the fight was held in a neutral country,Mayol should forget that fvcker Calderon,the guy don't even want to fight....

_________________
In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:48 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 am
Posts: 3291
Location: anjo shi aichi ken
cinderella_man wrote:
Kyowa fight was the last good fight of Mayol after that his career was on the decline... Mayol is not BUM but is becoming a journeyman. :(


yes he may become a journeyman.. but rising stars must be wise not to pick him as a tune-up fight or stay-busy fight, they may end up losing against mayol..

but don't lose hope, with his showing against calderon, he might get another chance for a world title.

_________________
You don't know what I'm capable of, you don't know what I've done!

DL-629 NGO to MNL time of departure 2050, june 30 2011.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 485
It's too bad that Mayol missed the title. Maybe Calderon was just too lucky or played his strategy through the books. Perhaps Pinoy boxers fighting road runners must develop the patience not to pursue or carry the fight. They must instead, hone up their counter-punching skills, and wait for the road runner's attack. Running after the road runner makes his opponent fall into his trap. While if playing the waiting game, he may end up frustrated and may change his style. In short, don't allow the road-runner to dictate the fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:29 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 9293
Location: RECTO
ManofSteel015 wrote:
Runito_The_FLush wrote:
archer wrote:
congrats mayol... :jumpballs:

youre the true champion.. hope it could be official in your next fight..


he's a BUM... viewtopic.php?f=63&t=144049&hilit=


Why don't you fight him and see if he is BUM material?


internet warriors do their fight using keyboards not boxing gloves
:mrgreen:

_________________
Donald Trump

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:33 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:39 pm
Posts: 907
Location: Philippines
Brian Villoria is the one who can take Ivan Calderon out just like what he did to Ulises Solis! mark my word hahaha.... IBF and WBO lightflyweight unification in the beginning...

too bad for Mayol... still young but take another chance.... bawi n lng next tym...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:20 pm
Posts: 12707
Location: Yokohama
jezZzka wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
Kyowa fight was the last good fight of Mayol after that his career was on the decline... Mayol is not BUM but is becoming a journeyman. :(


yes he may become a journeyman.. but rising stars must be wise not to pick him as a tune-up fight or stay-busy fight, they may end up losing against mayol..

but don't lose hope, with his showing against calderon, he might get another chance for a world title.
I can't understand why Mayol was so tentative against Calderon who's KO power is so limited compare to his fight against Kyowa and Solis whom he had engaged more given the fact that those boxers were known to be a big puncher????

Mayol seems not to be an intelligent fighter in the ring, he may have use his size and reach advantage against the sleek Calderon but he chose to follow him thru-out the fight... His 2 chances are wasted IMO....

_________________
“The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.” -Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAYOL is not a BUM.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:45 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: LA guna
cinderella_man wrote:
jezZzka wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
Kyowa fight was the last good fight of Mayol after that his career was on the decline... Mayol is not BUM but is becoming a journeyman. :(


yes he may become a journeyman.. but rising stars must be wise not to pick him as a tune-up fight or stay-busy fight, they may end up losing against mayol..

but don't lose hope, with his showing against calderon, he might get another chance for a world title.
I can't understand why Mayol was so tentative against Calderon who's KO power is so limited compare to his fight against Kyowa and Solis whom he had engaged more given the fact that those boxers were known to be a big puncher????

Mayol seems not to be an intelligent fighter in the ring, he may have use his size and reach advantage against the sleek Calderon but he chose to follow him thru-out the fight... His 2 chances are wasted IMO....


Exactly, Mayol should have figured it out the fighting style of Calderun right after the first fight and yet Mayol employed the same strategy and not being neutralized the running style of Calderon.

_________________
He's (Pac) being insulted and accused of wrongdoing because he's so good. - Larry Merchant


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group