Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:06 pm 
Welterweight

flipoxer wrote:
destroy that filipino wannnabe....he's not even a filipino ...hawaiian punch are u kidding me? change that syet!

Dude, Even the original "Hawaiian Punch" (Andrew Ganigan) is a Filipino who lives in Hawaii. If you think that way ask Sonsona to change his nickname too. "Marvelous" ? What's the big deal with monickers?

@topic

IMO it's an OK idea. But I don't think it's a fight that will give them the best paycheck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Philippines will neve be like Mexico nor Puerto rico, coz filipinos are so sissy fighting amongst themselves for world titles.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:06 pm 
Welterweight

I'm okay with pinoys vs pinoys.. I mean, what's to lose? whoever wins, we still get to keep a pinoy champ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Let's get in on . . . ASAP. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:03 pm 
Middleweight

wingknight08 wrote:
It's time for Mayol to land some big fights by knocking out that Filipino wannabe Brian "Hawaiian Lucky Punch" Viloria.I'm sure Mayol will put Viloria into sleep just like he did to Sosa(the guy who spanked Viloria's face).After all Mayol is more Filipino than Viloria.

why is it that whenever a filipino wins a world championship, somebody comes along and suggests a fight with a fellow filipino?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

wingknight08 wrote:
It's time for Mayol to land some big fights by knocking out that Filipino wannabe Brian "Hawaiian Lucky Punch" Viloria.I'm sure Mayol will put Viloria into sleep just like he did to Sosa(the guy who spanked Viloria's face).After all Mayol is more Filipino than Viloria.

BEG TO DISAGREE, BRO!

FILIPINO AGAINST FILIPINO ?

MONTIEL FOR MAYOL.

MAS MALAPIT YAN SA KATOTOHAN.

TRANS: DEDICATED FIGHT FOR IDOL "Z"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:33 pm 
Heavyweight

jezZzka wrote:
melligen vs pacquiao. :shock:

Melligen vs Randy Suico!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
Philippines will neve be like Mexico nor Puerto rico, coz filipinos are so sissy fighting amongst themselves for world titles.

BCOZ WE'RE NOT LIKE MEXICAN'S DON'T GIVE A DAMN EVEN IF THEY WILL OVERRUN FELLOW MEXICAN
JUST TO ACHIEVE HIS SELFISH GOAL!

RIGHT, MEX?

PEACE! 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 pm 
Light Heavyweight

wingknight08 wrote:

Filipino wanna be? I think he is 100% filipino, classic crab mentality. Dont forget that manny pacquiao is a green card holder too, and if he decided to stay here in the future then you have to call him Filipino wanna be Manny Pacquiao. BOTH of them are FILIPINO, the fight should not happen even in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 pm 
Middleweight

wingknight08 wrote:

I will NOT recommend that. I would rather see our champions fight other championship belt holders from other countries. That way, it would be more thrilling. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:35 pm 
Middleweight

wingknight08 wrote:

Champ Brian Viloria a wannabe? I don't think so. Both Viloria and Mayol are outstanding fighters. I think you are just jealous of him, that you want his fellow Champ Mayol to do the demolition job for you. You are an embarassment! Why fit a Filipino champ against another Filipino champ? You are sick! Very sick! :(

Why not you? Stand infront of Champ Viloria and tell him that "wannabe" stuff. I'm sure he'll gladly give you combo punches until you get to your right senses. 8)

Last edited by alagad_bayan on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:37 pm 
Heavyweight

wingknight08 wrote:

They are full bloodied Filipino :lol: WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:49 pm 
Middleweight

darren_simion wrote:
I really dont get why a lot of Filipino boxing fans dont like seeing top Filipino fighters face each other. You guys need to let go of this Nationalistic view in pro boxing. Pro boxing is not a national sport. Its an individual sport between two men who are professional fighters whose job it is is to fight the best opposition available. Although I would rather see Mayol rematch Solis and Brian unify with Calderon first, a fight between Brian and Mayol makes a lot of sense in both boxing and financial views.

Why? Reason: The more championship belts, the better for Philippine boxing. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:56 pm 
Cruiserweight

Filipino boxers always fight each other when they are up and coming, now they are champions don't let them fight, let them conquer champions from other countries for grater glory, do you think Manny will become what he is now if he keeps on banging other pinoy's champions head????

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:50 am 
Cruiserweight

Pinoy world champions should fight each other. This patriotic notion of preserving or preventing Pinoy world champions from fighting each other is total nonsense and hypocritical.

Our politicians kill each other during election, why don't our world champion boxers fight each other or fight other Pinoy contenders. The world is totally upside down. Political killings are tolerated but Pinoy vs Pinoy boxers is sacrilegious?

It should be the other way around. Political killings, intimidation or problems should never be tolerated, but Pinoy boxers fighting each other is allowed.

Look at Japan, they let pit Japanesse world champions against their own kind. They let the world champion fight a weak local contender. Then let the best contender fight a weak foreign boxer to give evidence that they are giving the boxing world a chance to win their title.

If the world champion is still strong, he will ususally beat the weaker local contender. Then their best contender will beat the weaker foreign boxer.

Finally you have a match in heaven, old guard versus new guard; Japan vs Japan. If the current champion is still strong he will win, otherwise the best contender will win. This is a perfect scenario on how to keep the world title in the country and pass it from one generation to another.

To a lesser extent Mexico is similiar, look at Mexico, it also allows Mexican vs Mexican battles to take place. It continues to dominate the boxing world from minimumweight to lightweight division. It introduces new blood by insuring that the best Mexican world champions are world class. That's why just like Japan, you'll see the world champions titles pass on from one Mexican to another.

Mexico is not worried about losing boxing titles, through internal competion and because of 1,770 professional boxers, its bench is very deep. if a Mexican champion is defeated, there are at 10 Mexican world class contenders to easily takes his place.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99336&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45

On the other hand look at Puerto Rico, because of its tiny population base of 4 million in the island and 4 million in the US mainland has 237 professional boxers and minimizes internal competition.

It basically has 4 boxing superstars: Lopez, Cotto, Santos and Calderon. Once Cotto and Santos were defeated as champions, there's hardly anyone left to take their place. So now Puerto Rico has 2 less champions title as before, soon it will be 3 once Viloria beats Calderon. This is the example that Philippines is following.

That's why if Marvin made the weight, it could have been better if Nonito and Marvin fought each other. At least one or the other would have earned another title and that title stays in house.

After Manny retires, if Philippine boxing is to be be relevant, a boxing force to be reckon with and respected, it must insure internal competion on the top level to maintain superiority status today and the near future. Just like Japan's and Mexico's lead; its always better to lose a world title to another Pinoy boxer rather than a foreigner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next