Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 am 
Bantamweight

Vagrant wrote:
Mayol needs to learn not to punch with his head. I'm glad he got the point deduction even though he won the fight. His head had a longer reach than his jab.

Masyadong takot masuntok kaya naka yuko habang sumusuntok. He has to do it right though. Head butts make me sick.

Vagrant- While I agree that head butts are no good, I do not think this particular butt could have been avoided by Rodel. Check the YouTube video at 2:55 to 3:00 and you can clearly see Sosa jumping in moving his feet while Rodel has his feet planted. Rodel is allowed to keep the space he has already gained and it is Sosa who was trying to get closer when the clash of heads occurred. Nothing should be taken away from Rodel's great victory. He is a great kid and he has worked extremely hard to get that green belt. If they rematch, Rodel will destroy Sosa again. Rodel has been sparring with Guillermo Rigondeaux (122lbs), Freddie's Cuban superstar and doing really well. Rodel Mayol is an inspiration and should make all Filipinos proud. Mabuhay Rodel Mayol!!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:33 am 
Heavyweight

river69 wrote:
Here's another video taken by a spectator. It showed the stunned Mexican audience and they also booed the fight result.

Click picture below to view the video.

and the whooping of a$$es of mexican boxers by pinoys continue. their local crowd just couldn't take it anymore, haha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 am 
Heavyweight

by golly, that was two against mayol up in that ring. the ref was clearly unfair to mayol. the ref even warned rodel for unintentional headlock on sosa. good that mayol KO'd sosa, cos if the fight went the full distance, no way mayol could have ever won. should a rematch be agreed upon, fight venue must be held at las vegas or anywhere else, but not mexico.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:52 am 
Heavyweight

thanks for the share TS.. congratz batang mandaue mayol !!! give sosa a rematch here in the phil. 8) cheers !!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:06 am 
Lightweight

hehe even we give sosa rematch i do not see him winning
the only crazy thing they can do is declare this thing a no contest and with the wbc and sosa is a wbc puppy crazy things happen :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 am 
Welterweight

my god i cant believe what i am hearing. mayol literally broke sosa's face with his head. sosa's got his face cracked!!. youre just stupid to think that something like that did nothing to alter the action in mayols favor. and havent this douchebags last 3 fights ended in "UN-intentional" headbutts? hmmmmmm...at what point do you begin to question his style of "fighting"?. just watch the replay, mayols head was delivered with more conviction than his fist. and to those who have anything negative to say about where this fight was held, youre just plain retarded. had this fight been in vegas it wouldve been a no contest, and mayol just like all the other times wouldve come up short.

Last edited by nuke on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:40 am 
Welterweight

dominic wrote:
river69 wrote:
Here's another video taken by a spectator. It showed the stunned Mexican audience and they also booed the fight result.

and the whooping of a$$es of mexican boxers by pinoys continue. their local crowd just couldn't take it anymore, haha.

i take it you missed your goldenchild sonsona yesterday. the guy couldnt get past a mexican scrub who probably had to work today. you likely didnt catch sonny boy jaro getting vaporaized by mexican giovanni segura in one round either. i guess everybody has a different definition of a good day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:44 am 
Middleweight

dominic wrote:
river69 wrote:

What do we expect from them? :) Its there hometown... But the video uploaded is quite something biased because they did not include that 1st round KD, from the 1st round KD itself, it speaks already what's the outcome of that fight.. anyone can upload the whole video? mexican fan can't accept the fact that their fighter can't handle the power of Mayol, the same sentiments when Marquez lost to MP.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:53 am 
Light Heavyweight

tanks for the vid. that was a very hard head butt there by mayol he deserves to be deducted for the damage he made to sosa even if it is unintentional. i think that is one of the reason why mayol knocked sosa out. and to mayol, well done and congratulations to our new champ!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:08 am 
Middleweight

Thanks TS.

Accidental headbutt nga. Why deduct a point from Mayol....

Now Sosa Camp is crying foul.

Congratulations Mayol.. Great combination on the knockdown. And excellent finish.

Well Deserved!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 am 
Light Heavyweight

J-Shock wrote:
Okay now Sosa's going to file a protest, <sheesh> what a crybaby!

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=30448

I doubt if WBC is going to change its ruling, especially that the belt is now with Mayol.

Congrats "Magnum Force"! You just proved that winners never quit, they just persevere!

Hwag tayo'ng pakasisisguro Pare. Remember, the WBC head honcho is Don Sulaiman, the astute Mexican who's favoritism for his countrymen is well-known.

Hope this whiny Sosa team will not succeed.. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:04 pm 
Heavyweight

rodel mayol volcano has erupted!!!.....i noticed rodel has improved alot, he fights like the pacman now look at his swarming attacks, look at how he moves from side to side when attacking sosa ,he has now the step in and out move also...and probably the tinolang manok the pinoy roids.... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:38 pm 
Heavyweight

tour_jack wrote:
rodel mayol volcano has erupted!!!.....i noticed rodel has improved alot, he fights like the pacman now look at his swarming attacks, look at how he moves from side to side when attacking sosa ,he has now the step in and out move also...and probably the tinolang manok the pinoy roids.... :lol:

hihi, itong tinolang manok talaga. i think they should also try "tinolang organ ng baka". i heard it's so envigorating.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:18 pm 
Heavyweight

Kudos to Rodel Mayol. :toast:
The rematch with Sosa should be held in the Philippines. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

Vagrant wrote:
Mayol needs to learn not to punch with his head. I'm glad he got the point deduction even though he won the fight. His head had a longer reach than his jab.

Masyadong takot masuntok kaya naka yuko habang sumusuntok. He has to do it right though. Head butts make me sick.

Toinks.. So you mean he has to punch with his chin up ala Edwin Valero? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next