Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

niño's camp is too much

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=38624

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:12 am 
Heavyweight

Feb
2010 Nino camp cries foul

Cortesía Boxeo de Gala

By Robert Coster

Hector Garcia, promoter of Mexican challenger Omar Nino was livid and expressed his frustration loudly, “Rodel Mayol is a comedian and just laid on the mat to keep his title without fighting like a champion should. It was all a comedy. Omar was robbed of a legitimate victory.” It was yet another night of controversy for boxing’s most controversial champion, WBC light flyweight champion Rodel Mayol who kept his title in Guadalajara last night against Nino.

Midway into the third round, Mayol lowered his guard after a low blow by Nino and then was leveled to the mat by a left hook thrown by the Mexican challenger. Mayol laid motionless on the mat. Initially, it was thought that Nino had been declared the victor but then came the official ruling by the WBC Commission. It was the fourth straight bout for the Filipino champion ending in a polemical fashion: the two matches with Ivan Calderon (technical decisions because of cuts) and Rodel’s head butting kayo win over Edgar Sosa last November. According to WBC rules, there will be an automatic, mandatory rematch between Mayol and Nino as a result of the technical draw decision yesterday.

:snoring:

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:17 am 
Light Heavyweight

i bet if it was omar nino who was fouled and punch, the verdict would have been disqualification...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:20 am 
Lightweight

Disqualification it is... Nino could be next to Bobby "Ball Sniper" Pacquiao.. ahhahhahaha..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 am 
Cruiserweight

And Nino is a druggie

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:29 am 
Bantamweight

they're lucky to be mexicunt!!! same thing with concepcion vs luevano.. concepcion was dq... i say DQ it is.. comedian is NINO celebrating after the said K.O. posing to the camera and round girls.. he tot he've won.. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:40 am 
Welterweight

What Romero did was dirty! He should have stopped, when Mayol was moving away holding his crutches. Good thing for Romero it was ruled a no contest I think, the verdict should be a DQ. Drakulich knew that a low blow was thrown, and somehow stated "STOP" or "HALT", Romero should have stopped right away, but I guess having a history of using banned substances maybe cluttered his senses but I think he did that on purpose because all the signs are there for him to stop: the movement of Mayol holding his cojones, and the verbal call of the ref.

As for Mayol, he's style will not get him anywhere. He throws the 1-2 and thrusts his body forward and when he misses, he always puts himself in a predicament of being countered, or suffer cuts to him and his opponent. He relies to much on his power, he can do that against B-Level opponents before, but if you're up against world champions and elite fighters, you can do that, but don't expect to get away from it just like that. Manny Pacquiao knew this after Pac-EM I and Pac-JMM I. Mayol should have known this after the Kyowa fight. He doesn't posses a granite chin to begin with, the trainers should put emphasis on his defense. The power will always be there for him. But I guess old habits die hard indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:47 am 
Light Heavyweight

macan77 wrote:
i bet if it was omar nino who was fouled and punch, the verdict would have been disqualification...

u are right on the button, bro
that reverse decision given to mayol was just a consolation
everybody involved in the fight, upto the wbc, knew about mayol's concerns about a hometown decision
so giving him a TD was decided by sulaiman to save face

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 am 
Heavyweight

omar nino is the biggest cheat in mexican boxing next to margarito!

a big farce for the great mexican boxing tradition...

first he cheated his way to beating brian viloria by using Amphetamines... now he used illegal punches and hitting mayol knowing full well he should have stopped.. yes, mayol did not protect himself but it does not take the fact omar is a dirty cheating ******.... a techical draw is Bs.... abe got DQ when he hit luevano after the bell....

mayol should make sure his head hits omar square in the jaw to dislocate it 100 ways to get even next time :lol: :lol:

and the comments of his handlers saying mayol was acting are really idiotic. what if mayol broke his neck from that omar left hook? stupid cheaters! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 am 
Bantamweight

What the heck the Mexicans are talking about? Mayol got cheated so bad. Without the low blow, Omar Nino should have been the one flat on his back. The man is about to be knockout. If there is one robbery in boxing, this is it! The man should have been disqualified!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 am 
Middleweight

omar nino and vic drakulich are the two payasos in last night circus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 am 
Heavyweight

I don't trust that boxer's face. :(

The impact of that dastardly punch was doubled when Omar Nino Romero simultaneously stepped on Rodel Mayol's foot on impact. Grrrrr.

Maybe Mayol should have jogged around the ring, away from opponent, while recovering. 8)

When will controversies surrounding Mayol's fights end? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 am 
Middleweight

The Mexican camp maybe thought that Bum Mayol was acting "half-dead".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 am 
Heavyweight

imakaiw wrote:
I don't trust that boxer's face. :(

The impact of that dastardly punch was doubled when Omar Nino Romero simultaneously stepped on Rodel Mayol's foot on impact. Grrrrr.

Maybe Mayol should have jogged around the ring, away from opponent, while recovering. 8)

When will controversies surrounding Mayol's fights end? :shock:
4 controversial fights in a row... :shock:

headbutts, low blows... what's next, hitting after the bell?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

draz_03 wrote:
they're lucky to be mexicunt!!! same thing with concepcion vs luevano.. concepcion was dq... i say DQ it is.. comedian is NINO celebrating after the said K.O. posing to the camera and round girls.. he tot he've won.. LOL

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next