Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: NINO DEFEATS MAYOL!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/early-r ... more-50257

115-112, 117-109, 115-111 for NINO.

FAIL. This is so sad. Yet the Top Rank Live telecast had Mayol up ahead on their cards. This is ridiculous.

I don't think hometown judging was a factor, but I do believe that Nino did close out the fight. Nino did take control after round 7. Sigh. How sad.

We're down to three titles guys.. Pacquiao holds Ring 140 and WBO 147, and we've got Nietes' WBO 105.

A win by Mayol would've taken out the bitter taste of defeat by Mepranum last week :(

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE

Post subject: Re: NINO DEFEATS MAYOL!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:20 pm 
Welterweight

Mayol couldn't get out of the way of Nino's punches. Not a good performance by Mayol. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:23 pm 
Light Heavyweight

why u hating him,,he was winning the first half or more in my cards..i dnt know,,i wouldnt fight in mexico no more,,dirty basterds,unfair treatment to foreign fighters..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:25 pm 
Cruiserweight

pinoyflipboi wrote:
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/early-results-from-mexico-5-50257#more-50257

115-112, 117-109, 115-111 for NINO.

FAIL. This is so sad. Yet the Top Rank Live telecast had Mayol up ahead on their cards. This is ridiculous.

I don't think hometown judging was a factor, but I do believe that Nino did close out the fight. Nino did take control after round 7. Sigh. How sad.

We're down to three titles guys.. Pacquiao holds Ring 140 and WBO 147, and we've got Nietes' WBO 105.

A win by Mayol would've taken out the bitter taste of defeat by Mepranum last week :(

the heck with it. Nobody ever tried to support Mayol to have the fight in Philippines anyway. It's already a known fact that Mayol will loose if it goes to the score cards no matter what he does. The people behind this fight are probably the same people who are still bitter up to this time when Mayol broke Sosa's face in multiple pieces and took the belt. I'm not surprised with the outcome of this fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:31 pm 
Heavyweight

117-109???

WTF is wrong with that judge??
When Filipino fighters go and fight in Mexico, they get treated unfairly but we when Mexicans come to the Philippines they get treated
as superstars and fairly inside and out of the ring (Tayo pa nga nadaya, nung laban ni Gorres at Montiel). Perhaps, we should not should send our fighters in Mexico anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

SieteSuerte wrote:
117-109???

When Filipino fighters go and fight in Mexico, they get treated unfairly but we when Mexicans come to the Philippines they get treated
as superstars and fairly inside and out of the ring (Tayo pa nga nadaya, nung laban ni Gorres at Montiel). Perhaps, we should not should send our fighters in Mexico anymore.

In Mayol's division, that's where the opportunity was. Under contractual obligations, he had to go and fight Nino in Mexico for their first fight. But for the second fight, NO PINOY PROMOTER SHELLED OUT THE CASH to have the fight done in the US or RP.

I'm just pissed at this whole fight. Not mad at Mayol. Just mad at how we had to bite this one in Mexico...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:34 pm 
Welterweight

PacManfan wrote:
why u hating him,,he was winning the first half or more in my cards..i dnt know,,i wouldnt fight in mexico no more,,dirty basterds,unfair treatment to foreign fighters..

Fights are won in the championship rounds, you won't win a decision if you can't close it out in the final rounds especially when your fighting away from home. Granted the scoring should have been closer but Mayol performed poorly in the last half and didn't deserve a win.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PacManfan wrote:

I'm not hating on Mayol. I'm just heated with the outcome. Mayol started out strong, then I think he got deducted twice on points.

Then stupid *** Nino came in and closed out the show and rallied towards the end.

:banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

kilikili wrote:
PacManfan wrote:

Fights are won in the championship rounds, you won't win a decision if you can't close it out in the final rounds especially when your fighting away from home. Granted the scoring should have been closer but Mayol performed poorly in the last half and didn't deserve a win.

Mayol had it. He didn't close out the fight.

:banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

sad but the policy in fighting enemy's territory " knock them out or do ashutout " or you got axed with Hometown decision...

Mayol was not in his best tonight!!!! sayang his chance

originally Hubs Pogi (ELMO my avatar) Joined last Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:36 am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:37 pm 
Welterweight

pinoyflipboi wrote:
SieteSuerte wrote:
117-109???

In Mayol's division, that's where the opportunity was. Under contractual obligations, he had to go and fight Nino in Mexico for their first fight. But for the second fight, NO PINOY PROMOTER SHELLED OUT THE CASH to have the fight done in the US or RP.

I'm just pissed at this whole fight. Not mad at Mayol. Just mad at how we had to bite this one in Mexico...

You sound like your saying Mayol should have won. The Pinoy promoters are sitting at home glad that they didn't shell out the cash with that kind of performance from Mayol.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:39 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Screaming Eagle wrote:
sad but the policy in fighting enemy's territory " knock them out or do ashutout " or you got axed with Hometown decision...

Mayol was not in his best tonight!!!! sayang his chance

Mayol couldn't close out the show. That's what the problem was.

But I'm sick and tired of how our boxers are always "the away team". When are we going to get another fight held at the Araneta Coliseum???

For once, it'd be nice for us to be "the home team" and have a hometown advantage.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

That's right . It is not a surprise. There is no head butt this time but time to retire and sell peanuts. :lol:

Last edited by YO on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:43 pm 
Light Heavyweight

this was a GOOD win by nino!! BS with those that imply that it was a home town decision. i would agree the 117-109 card was a little too wide but the other two cards were just about right on...........

this was NOT a home town decision!!!!!!!!! give credit where its due............ mayol did NOT close out the show and LOST like he should have.........

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

SieteSuerte wrote:
117-109???

Yes we did some fairness on fight like Gorres Montiel and even Villoria-Tamara ref officiated well...

originally Hubs Pogi (ELMO my avatar) Joined last Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:36 am