Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:06 am 
Heavyweight

it was the wisest move ever from a pinoy boxer... bravo!
These cheaters tried to maneuver things in front of the officials and the opponents eyes and miraculously made it through. Hell, that wasn't even the actual fight, that was a weight in for christ sake. Ever imagine what could be the treatment for our boxer when they're already up there in the ring? scarry..... f@ck zanfer and F@ck WBA.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 am 
Featherweight

SHOEGAZER wrote:
Even Juan Manuel Marquez fought mayweather who came in 2 pounds overwt.

sheesh, what a nonsense comparison, 1st of all MAYOL ISNT JMM, 2nd JM Marquez LOSES THE FIGHT bc HE TRIED to be "GENIUS" thinking he'll beat Money May even with the discrepancy.

and WHAT IF MAyol took the fight and LOSES, I BET that you'll CALL HIM A BUM bc he DIDNT use his mind.

please think before you comment on something.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:14 am 
Featherweight

SHOEGAZER wrote:
BURROWS wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Lapu Lapu outnumbered Magellan some 5 to 1 in soldiers/warriors. :shock:

Correction bro, it was 20 to 1.

Lapu-Lapu led 1,500 Mactan warriors armed with barong, spears, kampilan and kalasag, in a battle against Portuguese explorer and conquistador Ferdinand Magellan who led a force of forty-nine Spanish soldiers armed with guns. :D

That's not so brave of Lapulapu then. Even if Magellan had canons, those canons in those times only fired once a year. tsktsk.

again what a nonsense comparison SHOEGAZER, MAYOL is NOT LAPU LAPU, this is BOXING mate! NOT DEFENDING YOUR COUNTRY! if that happens to all of us(DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY) WE'LL FIGHT AS ONE even if the enemies have CANONS. DeyyM!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:31 am 
Cruiserweight

read the story again ts. on 1st try he already cheated and still 2 lbs over! he could easily be 115 lbs without cheating!

weighing on the scale is very basic... and he was able to cheat! how much more on the scorecards???

i'm not suppose to wake up yet but ur making my blood boiling. now where's my meds!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:40 am 
Cruiserweight

coyadev wrote:
SHOEGAZER wrote:

And lost badly. :)

While Pac robbed Marquez.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:44 am 
Middleweight

Godofredo is selfish. Godofredo, why don't you get a sexy dancer and let yourself enjoy. You can enjoy not to the expense of Filipino fighters. Next time instead of admonishing Mayol, you should take his place to fight the Mexican.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:44 am 
Heavyweight

SHOEGAZER wrote:

in respect with floyd... floyd didn't do unecessary action during weigh-in, he acknowledge he is 2 pounds overweight and paid a fine for this... and jmm is ok to fight because he was paid...

did tyson marquez did the same as floyd did????

its BIG NO!!! they just tried to manipulate the scale and tried to cover-up all their cheating...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 am 
Heavyweight

godofredo wrote:
Mayol won't fight Marquez because he cheated.
I never knew that Mayol was a very principled man that a lb weight difference, he won't fight for the sake of honesty.
Well, the only thing I can say is...Mayol is Kill Joy. He deprived the million fans of seeing the fight.
Mayol is no Manny Pacquiao, whether big,tall,overweight it does not matter for the ring is the battle of weights.
On the other hand, Mayol is no Lapu Lapu that he killed Magellan overweight with so many metal on his body.

Mayol would be a role model politician for honesty.
ImageImage
Manny P,the real lapu lapu....Mayol the lapu lapu fish.

if we lost the opportunity of seeing him fight with tyson marquez... then its also a lost to rodel mayol as he will not able to get his purse on this fight...

where's the kill joy there??? o sadista ka lang????

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 am 
Heavyweight

bongoton wrote:
godofredo wrote:
y principled man that a lb weight difference, he won't fight for the sake of honesty.
Well, the only thing I can say is...Mayol is Kill Joy. He deprived the million fans of seeing the fight.
Mayol is no Manny Pacquiao, whether big,tall,overweig

Mayol taking his stand not to fight an overweight opponent should be applauded, not criticized. It is simply why boxing has weight classes. I hope you know Mayol does not get paid if he doesn't fight, and all his training was put to waste. He has a perfect excuse to just get on the fight and lose because the opponent is overweight, take the money and go home. But he took the high road and not just fight for the money. As a fan of boxing, I admire what he did.

Amen to this, seldom could I find a man that has no price on his principle .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 am 
Lightweight

Magbasa ka muna bro, bago ka humusga... If you were Mayol and you see that clear cheating, WOULD YOU STILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT even if harap-harapan yong ginawa nila...HA? ANIMAL KA? Magbasa ka muna ha? Baka malinawan yung UTAK mong maliit... peace!

MANILA, Philippines - In a startling move to expose shenanigans in boxing, Rodel Mayol refused to fight WBA flyweight champion Hernan (Tyson) Marquez after a bizarre sequence at yesterday’s weigh-in where the Mexican appeared to be two pounds over the limit but was declared on the button under dubious circumstances.

Mayol said he consulted with his manager Michael Koncz and trainer Nonoy Neri before deciding to withdraw from the bout which would’ve been staged this morning (Manila time) at the Centro de Unos Multiples in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico.

An attempt was made by Mexico’s Zanfer Promotions to change Mayol’s mind with an increase of his purse by $10,000. But Mayol stood his ground and wouldn’t be bought.

“Actually, I’ve never seen my fight contract,” said Mayol in a phone interview from Mexico. “At first, I was told my purse would be $25,000. Then, it went down to $20,000. With this last offer, I would get $30,000. But I decided to back out because we want to make a statement. At the weigh-in, it was obvious that the WBA supervisor (Alberto Sarmiento of Venezuela) and the Mexican commission were protecting Marquez. Michael and Nonoy complained that Marquez was on the scales with his feet hanging out. They weighed him four times. They were cheating us before our eyes.”

Koncz said the decision was made to protect not only Filipino boxers but all fighters subjected to prejudicial conditions.

“Michael told me I might never be able to fight for a world title again because Zanfer has a big influence on boxing,” said Mayol. “But that’s okay. I thanked Michael for everything he’s done for me. I trained hard for Marquez and I know I can beat him. But if they could cheat me so openly at the weigh-in, I can just imagine what they’ll do during the fight. They won’t give me a chance.’

Mayol, 30, said the other Filipino scheduled to fight in the undercard will see action. Richie Mepranum of Sarangani is set to face Mexico’s Juan Francisco Estrada. “I’m not sure if I’ll watch Richie’s fight,” said Mayol. “Maybe, I’ll just stay in the hotel or go back to L.A.”

godofredo wrote:
I never knew that Mayol was a very principled man that a lb weight difference, he won't fight for the sake of honesty.
Mayol is no Manny Pacquiao, whether big,tall,overweight it does not matter for the ring is the battle of weights.
On the other hand, Mayol is no Lapu Lapu that he killed Magellan overweight with so many metal on his body.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 am 
Light Heavyweight

Sorry, TS but you're one dumb motherf**er.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 am 
Middleweight

godofredo wrote:

ImageImage

Come'on guys, Mayol was right, that's the problem for most of us filipinos, we condone wrongdoings, cheating and corrupton. It was degrading mr. ts, it was like poking a dirty finger on your face. At least they stand for it, unlike others... :? :? :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:19 am 
Heavyweight

ts is a bum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:02 am 
Welterweight

godofredo wrote:

ImageImage

wheeew!! what if something happened to mayol, are you going to take all the blame? tsk tsk tsk .... makasarili ka ts..

rock n roll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 am 
Welterweight

SHOEGAZER wrote:

what's your point sir hippie :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next