Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 16757
Location: 7 seas
Boom Boom's village loses road project after boxer's loss


By Jhunnex Napallacan
Visayas Bureau
Last updated 07:09pm (Mla time) 08/12/2007

Link: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingne ... e_id=82093



CEBU CITY -- The shocking defeat of Rey "Boom-boom" Bautista by Mexico's Daniel Ponce de Leon did not only sadden his fellow Boholanos. It also cost his village a cemented road. A dismayed Bohol Gov. Erico Aumentado said that the plan to cement the provincial road going to Barangay Can-uling, Bautista's home village in the town of Candijay, would not push through -- for now. Aumentado admitted that before the fight, he promised the young Boholano boxer that the road would be cemented but only if he won. In fact, Aumentado said, he had ordered the provincial engineering office to draw up a work program for the project that would run for least a kilometer and would cost P7 million. But since Bautista lost the fight, and was, in fact, the only loser among six Filipino boxers in the World Cup against Mexico, there would be no cemented road leading to Boom-boom's village. For now, at least, the governor said. He said he would push through with the cementing project if Bautista would become a champion in the future. "If Boom-boom becomes a champion, I will fulfill my commitment that I will have the road passing through his barangay in Can-uling cemented. Right now, it's a no go," Aumentado said. "Maybe later… Let's wait for the time when he becomes champion. And I am hopeful that he still has a bright future in boxing," the governor said in Cebuano in a telephone interview. Aumentado, who watched the fight on television, said he was dismayed that Bautista did not even last the first round. But he said he shared the view of many Boholanos and others that at 21 years old, Bautista still had many more opportunities to recover from this defeat and become a champion.Aumentado said even ring icon Manny Pacquiao suffered defeats before he achieved fame.He said Bautista’s lack of experience could be a factor in his defeat. Still, Boholanos were happy because another Boholano, AJ "Bazooka" Banal, won, he said. But Aumentado was miffed by the error of the boxing announcer who said that Banal came from "Cebu, Philippines" when he hailed from Corilla, Bohol. Aumentado said Banal would receive a reward on his return. He said that Tagbilaran Mayor Dan Lim personally went to Sacramento in the United States to support the Boholano boxers. In Iloilo City, Ilonggos glued to television and radio sets rejoiced at the near-sweep of Filipino boxers over their Mexican opponents. "I was disappointed that Boom Boom lost ... but I'm still happy that we got the World Cup title," said Saldy Tabanda, 32, a layout artist. Iloilo-based international boxing referee Alex Vidal said the 5-1 win of the Filipino boxers showed that "we should not focus all our attention on Manny Pacquiao." "If all poor athletes are given the same opportunity, they can also give glory to the country," said Vidal. "Because of boxing, we are being noticed worldwide despite all the bad news in the country. We can win our first Olympic gold medal if we focus on and pour our funds in boxing," he said. Vidal said the Filipino boxers were considered underdogs before they went into the ring against their Mexican opponents. "Gerry's win was really dramatic. Imagine, a 35-year-old becoming world champion again," said Vidal. The fight for Peñalosa was his last shot at keeping up his career, added Bacolod City Rep. Monico Puentevella.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


kmusta na yung roads????cemento na ba??? :)

_________________
Someday in the distant future, scientists will score a breakthrough and replicate the amazingly powerful adhesive with which Gloria Arroyo has managed to cling to power.

http://www.hotmanila.ph/ESP/2010/gloria_aeterna-01.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:45 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:32 pm
Posts: 2560
Location: OSLO,NORWAY
BULL$HIT ITS YOUR DUTY AS A MAYOR TO CEMENT ANY PUBLIC ROADS AND NOT WITH ANY CONDITION BEFORE YOU FULFILL IT.AZZHOLE!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:51 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 282
Anyway this is old news bro. But just a side note It just goes to show that this politicians like winners all the time, they can't accept defeat. maybe this politician does win all the time you know what i mean:). Or maybe just maybe boom boom pay taxes directly to this so called governor who ever he was. It is their prime duty to fulfill their promises to the masses. My friend used to say this story of one politician promising to his constituents during election: It goes like this. "My fellow citizens if we have no road we will make roads, and if we have no bridge we will make bridges. Then a man shout and said but Governor we have no river how can we make bridges if we have no river then the governor replied then we will make rivers." hehehehe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 pm
Posts: 190649
Location: Hokkaido
cleto_reyes wrote:
BULL$HIT ITS YOUR DUTY AS A MAYOR TO CEMENT ANY PUBLIC ROADS AND NOT WITH ANY CONDITION BEFORE YOU FULFILL IT.AZZHOLE!



I agree with you bro. :)

_________________
~Dream ~Believe ~Survive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:20 am
Posts: 5883
Location: Oz'
Retz wrote:
cleto_reyes wrote:
BULL$HIT ITS YOUR DUTY AS A MAYOR TO CEMENT ANY PUBLIC ROADS AND NOT WITH ANY CONDITION BEFORE YOU FULFILL IT.AZZHOLE!



I agree with you bro. :)

count me in.
Yeah those Azzhole.. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:53 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 16757
Location: 7 seas
sana 2009 ma cemento na ang kalye kina boom boom :D

_________________
Someday in the distant future, scientists will score a breakthrough and replicate the amazingly powerful adhesive with which Gloria Arroyo has managed to cling to power.

http://www.hotmanila.ph/ESP/2010/gloria_aeterna-01.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 am
Posts: 1762
Location: Pasig
Why!!!!! Pinusta ba ng governor ang pampagawa ng kalsada? Why the hell he will build the road only if Boom wins??? The gov is a TOTAL AHOLE!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:06 pm 
Offline
Featherweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:18 am
Posts: 66
Location: Las Vegas
cleto_reyes wrote:
BULL$HIT ITS YOUR DUTY AS A MAYOR TO CEMENT ANY PUBLIC ROADS AND NOT WITH ANY CONDITION BEFORE YOU FULFILL IT.AZZHOLE!

Best comment, five stars!

_________________
people abuse their freedom of speech to make up for their freedom of thought, which they neglect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:13 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:09 am
Posts: 1652
Location: atlantic coast
when it pushes through, they should pour the cement over the governor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 pm 
Offline
Strawweight

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:37 am
Posts: 2
Old news :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 16757
Location: 7 seas
mirko wrote:
when it pushes through, they should pour the cement over the governor





:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


wazzup buddy :D

_________________
Someday in the distant future, scientists will score a breakthrough and replicate the amazingly powerful adhesive with which Gloria Arroyo has managed to cling to power.

http://www.hotmanila.ph/ESP/2010/gloria_aeterna-01.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:28 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: CEBU
it's been a month...stop talking about this boom boom and posting news from months ago....heheheh


Let's just talk about our Champ! :shock:



P.S. A politician shouldn't make a town hostage just because he lost some bets. ;)

_________________
And the winner by unanimous decision is ...............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:25 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:33 pm
Posts: 16757
Location: 7 seas
merry x'mas bohol

_________________
Someday in the distant future, scientists will score a breakthrough and replicate the amazingly powerful adhesive with which Gloria Arroyo has managed to cling to power.

http://www.hotmanila.ph/ESP/2010/gloria_aeterna-01.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:17 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 508
olympic boy wrote:
Boom Boom's village loses road project after boxer's loss


By Jhunnex Napallacan
Visayas Bureau
Last updated 07:09pm (Mla time) 08/12/2007

Link: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingne ... e_id=82093



CEBU CITY -- The shocking defeat of Rey "Boom-boom" Bautista by Mexico's Daniel Ponce de Leon did not only sadden his fellow Boholanos. It also cost his village a cemented road. A dismayed Bohol Gov. Erico Aumentado said that the plan to cement the provincial road going to Barangay Can-uling, Bautista's home village in the town of Candijay, would not push through -- for now. Aumentado admitted that before the fight, he promised the young Boholano boxer that the road would be cemented but only if he won. In fact, Aumentado said, he had ordered the provincial engineering office to draw up a work program for the project that would run for least a kilometer and would cost P7 million. But since Bautista lost the fight, and was, in fact, the only loser among six Filipino boxers in the World Cup against Mexico, there would be no cemented road leading to Boom-boom's village. For now, at least, the governor said. He said he would push through with the cementing project if Bautista would become a champion in the future. "If Boom-boom becomes a champion, I will fulfill my commitment that I will have the road passing through his barangay in Can-uling cemented. Right now, it's a no go," Aumentado said. "Maybe later… Let's wait for the time when he becomes champion. And I am hopeful that he still has a bright future in boxing," the governor said in Cebuano in a telephone interview. Aumentado, who watched the fight on television, said he was dismayed that Bautista did not even last the first round. But he said he shared the view of many Boholanos and others that at 21 years old, Bautista still had many more opportunities to recover from this defeat and become a champion.Aumentado said even ring icon Manny Pacquiao suffered defeats before he achieved fame.He said Bautista’s lack of experience could be a factor in his defeat. Still, Boholanos were happy because another Boholano, AJ "Bazooka" Banal, won, he said. But Aumentado was miffed by the error of the boxing announcer who said that Banal came from "Cebu, Philippines" when he hailed from Corilla, Bohol. Aumentado said Banal would receive a reward on his return. He said that Tagbilaran Mayor Dan Lim personally went to Sacramento in the United States to support the Boholano boxers. In Iloilo City, Ilonggos glued to television and radio sets rejoiced at the near-sweep of Filipino boxers over their Mexican opponents. "I was disappointed that Boom Boom lost ... but I'm still happy that we got the World Cup title," said Saldy Tabanda, 32, a layout artist. Iloilo-based international boxing referee Alex Vidal said the 5-1 win of the Filipino boxers showed that "we should not focus all our attention on Manny Pacquiao." "If all poor athletes are given the same opportunity, they can also give glory to the country," said Vidal. "Because of boxing, we are being noticed worldwide despite all the bad news in the country. We can win our first Olympic gold medal if we focus on and pour our funds in boxing," he said. Vidal said the Filipino boxers were considered underdogs before they went into the ring against their Mexican opponents. "Gerry's win was really dramatic. Imagine, a 35-year-old becoming world champion again," said Vidal. The fight for Peñalosa was his last shot at keeping up his career, added Bacolod City Rep. Monico Puentevella.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


kmusta na yung roads????cemento na ba??? :)




This is particularly one of the reasons why some politicians are better off lying down 10,000 meters under the ocean..... Our country has gone to the dogs because of these shameless, gutless, unsatiable fcuks.... line them up in the streets and stone them to death.... How about this bonehead, selfish, beauty queen fcuker Gov. Erico Aumentado fight ponce de leon.. then i will donate the cement to patch up what will be left after the fight.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 508
olympic boy wrote:
Boom Boom's village loses road project after boxer's loss


By Jhunnex Napallacan
Visayas Bureau
Last updated 07:09pm (Mla time) 08/12/2007

Link: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingne ... e_id=82093



CEBU CITY -- The shocking defeat of Rey "Boom-boom" Bautista by Mexico's Daniel Ponce de Leon did not only sadden his fellow Boholanos. It also cost his village a cemented road. A dismayed Bohol Gov. Erico Aumentado said that the plan to cement the provincial road going to Barangay Can-uling, Bautista's home village in the town of Candijay, would not push through -- for now. Aumentado admitted that before the fight, he promised the young Boholano boxer that the road would be cemented but only if he won. In fact, Aumentado said, he had ordered the provincial engineering office to draw up a work program for the project that would run for least a kilometer and would cost P7 million. But since Bautista lost the fight, and was, in fact, the only loser among six Filipino boxers in the World Cup against Mexico, there would be no cemented road leading to Boom-boom's village. For now, at least, the governor said. He said he would push through with the cementing project if Bautista would become a champion in the future. "If Boom-boom becomes a champion, I will fulfill my commitment that I will have the road passing through his barangay in Can-uling cemented. Right now, it's a no go," Aumentado said. "Maybe later… Let's wait for the time when he becomes champion. And I am hopeful that he still has a bright future in boxing," the governor said in Cebuano in a telephone interview. Aumentado, who watched the fight on television, said he was dismayed that Bautista did not even last the first round. But he said he shared the view of many Boholanos and others that at 21 years old, Bautista still had many more opportunities to recover from this defeat and become a champion.Aumentado said even ring icon Manny Pacquiao suffered defeats before he achieved fame.He said Bautista’s lack of experience could be a factor in his defeat. Still, Boholanos were happy because another Boholano, AJ "Bazooka" Banal, won, he said. But Aumentado was miffed by the error of the boxing announcer who said that Banal came from "Cebu, Philippines" when he hailed from Corilla, Bohol. Aumentado said Banal would receive a reward on his return. He said that Tagbilaran Mayor Dan Lim personally went to Sacramento in the United States to support the Boholano boxers. In Iloilo City, Ilonggos glued to television and radio sets rejoiced at the near-sweep of Filipino boxers over their Mexican opponents. "I was disappointed that Boom Boom lost ... but I'm still happy that we got the World Cup title," said Saldy Tabanda, 32, a layout artist. Iloilo-based international boxing referee Alex Vidal said the 5-1 win of the Filipino boxers showed that "we should not focus all our attention on Manny Pacquiao." "If all poor athletes are given the same opportunity, they can also give glory to the country," said Vidal. "Because of boxing, we are being noticed worldwide despite all the bad news in the country. We can win our first Olympic gold medal if we focus on and pour our funds in boxing," he said. Vidal said the Filipino boxers were considered underdogs before they went into the ring against their Mexican opponents. "Gerry's win was really dramatic. Imagine, a 35-year-old becoming world champion again," said Vidal. The fight for Peñalosa was his last shot at keeping up his career, added Bacolod City Rep. Monico Puentevella.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


kmusta na yung roads????cemento na ba??? :)




This is particularly one of the reasons why some politicians are better off lying down 10,000 meters under the ocean..... Our country has gone to the dogs because of these shameless, gutless, unsatiable fcuks.... line them up in the streets and stone them to death.... How about this bonehead, selfish, beauty queen fcuker Gov. Erico Aumentado fight ponce de leon.. then i will donate the cement to patch up what will be left after the fight.....
[size=150]
[/size]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group