Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:49 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
pilyo2bay wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
Most of the filipino world champions did not fight the best fighters in the Philippines and yet they became champion. to fight each other isn't the key to succes .

yes but how many of them compare to Mexicans who don't mind fighting each other. Our boxing system must go unto to the next level to sustain future world beaters and champions.

who will not remember that Barrera-Morales great trilogy or the Marquez-Vasquez terrific trilogy? I hope someday, the boxing public of the world will remember 2 Filipinos in a great trilogy, something like Juan Dela Cruz-Pedro Penduko trilogy. Pede?

There are systems that maybe applicable or not applicable, EM and Barrera were fighting for greatness in their hometown and at the same time their fight favored to them in terms of revenue, In our case, what greatness are we fighting for and how much can we guarantee earnings of these boxers here in our country? how many filipino fighters did Manny pacquiao fought and at what caliber of fighter did he fought here? where are they now? Most of world champions that we are going to challenge are outside of our country and they have different style that we need to study.

we are jumping to soon about greatness, I'm just exploring the possibilities that someday when the Philippines have enough talents or champions if a may say will compete each other.

Let's go back in reality and most viable scenario which is a fight between a Filipino prospect vs another Filipino prospect... a good example is ALA vs Braveheart vs Jaro boxers... In my opinion, this is a good system to really uplift the level of competitiveness between our boxers not to mention that it will create a healthy competition that will eventually attract more stable and boxers to perform better to be on top atleast first in the Philippines. For the monetary earnings, sponsors and promoters will come into the scene if they will see that boxing is alive, active and better because of good match-up...[/quote]
We have different point of view in this particular issue, In my own opinion of why they want to do this is just because of stable pride, they just want to show that their stable is the best in this country plus the agitation of both fight fans. Winning all fights here and beating all fighters in a particular weight division cannot guarantee that you will excel outside the country.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:59 pm 
Cruiserweight

I think it's a good idea.

Think about it. Manny Pacquiao wouldn't be what he is today if he hadn't fought Torrecampo. Just like the saying goes "Iron sharpens iron."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:33 pm 
Flyweight

""" i believe this Idea is good for boxing here in the Phi"""" kahit ALA, Braveheart, o saan mang Stable galing.. Pilipino pa rin yan. and inorder for us to move on and produce world talents they should excel muna dito sa atin before going out.I observe marami "maka - ALA at Maka braveheart' dito; pero let them fight para ma improve nila kanilang mga skills. If ALA believe they are the most talented stable sa Phi. wala problem kung harapin nila yung talent sa kabila..o sa ibang gym

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:14 pm 
Heavyweight

pilyo2bay wrote:
We have different point of view in this particular issue, In my own opinion of why they want to do this is just because of stable pride, they just want to show that their stable is the best in this country plus the agitation of both fight fans. Winning all fights here and beating all fighters in a particular weight division cannot guarantee that you will excel outside the country.

Let's remove stables in the equation just prospect vs prospect to make it plain simple. Right, it will not guarantee anything but it will prepare our prospect better if they do given a chance to fight abroad. Let's face it boxing is not for everyone to excel, there are great, good, mediocre or bum boxers as they call it but good competitions will results to high standards in Phil. boxing.

btw, I failed to mention in my previous that Manny Pacquiao is a product of Blow by blow boxing TV program where he met prospects like Flash Simbajon, Rocky Palma, Dele Decierto and Reynante Jamili who challenge one time Morales for a title fight before he met Manny.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Why not just ask your Congressman to file a bill banning boxing in the Philippines? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Great idea IMO. Settle who the best is here before sending them out!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:39 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
pilyo2bay wrote:

Let's remove stables in the equation just prospect vs prospect to make it plain simple. Right, it will not guarantee anything but it will prepare our prospect better if they do given a chance to fight abroad. Let's face it boxing is not for everyone to excel, there are great, good, mediocre or bum boxers as they call it but good competitions will results to high standards in Phil. boxing.

btw, I failed to mention in my previous that Manny Pacquiao is a product of Blow by blow boxing TV program where he met prospects like Flash Simbajon, Rocky Palma, Dele Decierto and Reynante Jamili who challenge one time Morales for a title fight before he met Manny.

So what's the problem therefore? I think theres still a continuing process like blow blow and mano mano. We have just seen when sonny boy jaro knocks out gejon of ala's stable in the very first round, filipino vs. filipino are still happening right now. I can't remember Manny fought a filipino prospect like him, jamili was way way ahead of him in terms of experiences and age when they met. I preferred to see our prospect to fight against the prospect of another countries rather than fil prospect vs. fil prospect. (parang ginisa sa sariling mantika). but anyway thank you for sharing your point of view but sorry to say that i dont want this kind of elimination process (looks like an amateur process).

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:42 pm 
Heavyweight

new town wrote:
Why not just ask your Congressman to file a bill banning boxing in the Philippines? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

congressmen/politicians know nothing sh!t about boxing, kung pork barrel yan dyan sila magagaling.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm 
Heavyweight

well speaking of amateur process, have we not wonder why Cuba have a lot of talents in boxing esp. in Olympic games. The simple answer is their grass root level of boxing, you can see many gyms in every streets in Cuba where small kids are training up to the point they are ready to compete. We can adapt that kind of system here in the Phils. and apply natural selection where only the stronger and good boxers will move to another level. Many great and good champions have amateur career like Ali, Leonard, Dela Hoya, PBF to name a few, even Donaire and Viloria have amateur background also.

Its so funny nowadays watching new comers fighting their pro-debut, walang fundamentals and basic boxing suntok lang ng suntok hanggang mapagod. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:38 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
well speaking of amateur process, have we not wonder why Cuba have a lot of talents in boxing esp. in Olympic games. The simple answer is their grass root level of boxing, you can see many gyms in every streets in Cuba where small kids are training up to the point they are ready to compete. We can adapt that kind of system here in the Phils. and apply natural selection where only the stronger and good boxers will move to another level. Many great and good champions have amateur career like Ali, Leonard, Dela Hoya, PBF to name a few, even Donaire and Viloria have amateur background also.

Its so funny nowadays watching new comers fighting their pro-debut, walang fundamentals and basic boxing suntok lang ng suntok hanggang mapagod. :lol:

Maybe because their boxers are very much focus, the boxer have no other choice but to box as an amateur coz they dont allow professionals unless they do what casamayor did.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:46 pm 
Heavyweight

pilyo2bay wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

Maybe because their boxers are very much focus, the boxer have no other choice but to box as an amateur coz they dont allow professionals unless they do what casamayor did.

maybe, maybe not... just want to quote and share this documentary posted by bro E-Fed on the other thread.

Quote:
And BTW the cubans arent great because they are afraid of Fidel its because they have been doing it since they are still kids watch the Cuban amatuer boxing documentary.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/episo ... sode/3436/

Now if our goverment would just make a similar boxing academy for those who wants to be great boxers then I'm pretty sure that gold medal dream will be much much closer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:00 pm 
Middleweight

Ultimate Boxing Fan wrote:
Yours is a crazy suggestion.

You just cant go out of the country and fight.

You fight the best here at home and win before fighting the best in other countries.

If would be great if Filipinos compete with each other, learn with each other first before
conquering those from the other lands.

We will only send the best out there.

In fact, the proposed matchup is a very good one - good for the Pinoy fighters,
good for Philippine sports, and good for us boxing fans.

And the best of all is make it a regular TV program....like the Blow By Blow of old
where Manny was discovered and made a name.

AGREE

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jmix wrote:
englishbritish wrote:
Okay protect the welfare of the young prospects if you like, para pagdating sa world-class fights laging bigo. Why protect something para lang umabot sa world stage,then mabibigo lang. If champion material ka talaga, there is no need to fear na matalo siya because kakayanin niya ang mga best fighters dito then hindi na siya ganun kadaling talunin sa mga best fighters ng ibang bansa. Pero if natalo siya dito and again Champion Material talaga, hindi naman susuko yan. Kaysa ba naman i build-up ng i build-up mo ang confidence ng fighters mo fighting bums from 1 to 10-20 fights mabibilib ka talaga sa lakas mo.So dadaanin mo talaga sa lakas,you won't be training your stamina. Gusto mo magpasikat sa crowd lagi, looking for the KOs thus not doing the basic essential jabs.pag nakalaban ka ng durable fighter na di mo madaan sa lakas ayan pagod ka na. Aanhin mo maganda mong record pero against bums?

Oh btw, milendo,NIETES,domingo i think one or two of them isn't originally from ALA and one was just a janitor ng ALA pero naging WORLD CHAMPION. Pero sino ba sina milendo,NIETES,Domingo kumpara kay gorres,boom,banal na todo hype nila?obvious na iba ang pag hype nila kay gorres,boom,banal kaysa sa mismong WORLD CHAMPION nila.Ganun nga treatment binigay nila sa World Champion, ano pa kaya kay milendo at domingo lang.
Oh btw,you mentioned melindo's win against rachman pero tingnan mo naman na beterano na talaga yang si rachman at dumaan na sa wear and tear sa dami ng giyerang pinagdaanan na. The difference between milendo,nietes,domingo among the SUPERSTARS of ALA gorres,boom,banal is they have the heart of a champion hindi madaling sumuko.
Nagkaintindihan naman talaga tayo eh, may puso talaga sila milendo,nietes,domingo LANG.See?Galing sa iyo mismo yan.

Prior to AJ Banal's loss to Rafa Concepcion, would you call him a bum instead of a prospect? If you think so, then boy, you have a crazy way of looking out for prospects! AJ demolished some of the big names at a very young age - names like, Angky Angkota (beaten Sonny Boy Jaro, and Donnie Nietes), Caril Herrera (WBC#1), Jovanny Sotto (WBA regional champ), Juan Alberto Rosa (koed Omar Nino in 9rnds). I repeat - he's beaten them all before reaching 20 yrs old!

AJ Banal quit. No excuse. But to say he doesn't have a heart and would forever be quitter, then you have a serious case of crab mentality. Z Gorres - a bum, no heart??? C'mmon, give me a break.

What I think though is this. ALA needs a superior conditioning coach and needs to either hone the coaching skills Edito and Edmund Villamor or hire another superior coach who would infuse diverse styles to keep them off from being too predictable. Don't blame the boxers for short-comings that stem from the coaching staff.

You quoted me, so obviously your response is for me.
First of all, i would like to make my stand that I believed and still believe that Banal is the best prospect from ALA.
Tell me where in my post did i say that Banal will forever be a quitter? The only thing that i said that would relate to Banal when it comes to quitting is this "The difference between milendo,nietes,domingo among the SUPERSTARS of ALA gorres,boom,banal is they have the heart of a champion hindi madaling sumuko." So intindihin mong mabuti ha, i only said the difference between the first group from the second group is the first group's having a heart of a champion. Nowhere near along those lines did i say that he forever will be a quitter. As i've said in my other post in another thread i do believe that Banal is still the BEST PROSPECT from ALA. What i've said about him quitting is through comparison with this - Pacquiao fought a fight he was LOSING, but NEVER GAVE UP. Banal on the other hand was WINNING, but GAVE UP. So again, may sinabi ba akong forever quitter na siya?

Pakibasa ulit kung may sinabi akong bum si Gorres? Sige ibibigay ko sa iyo na may puso siya but not the kind i was talking about - the heart of a champion. Ibang klaseng puso kasi meron siya, yung tipong mapagmahal, hugger.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:33 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Let me just try to simplify things a bit para maintindihan niyo ang mga sinasabi namin na who are not against this proposal.

Pinoy Prospects:
1st to 5th Fight - of course you would be facing yung mga newcomers din.
6th to 15th Fight - Dito may gauge na ang mga trainers mo sa ano ang kaya mo. If nanalo ka against much more experience guys than you then may pag-asa ka. pero pag dito 15 fights na nadaanan mo pero record mo ay 5Wins-10Losses mataas na chance na journeyman ka.

Possible Prospect
16th to 25th Fight onwards - Dito you face Indons,Thai,African bums.

Mexicans:
1st to 5th - Same
6th to 15th - Same
16th to 25th Fight onwards - Dito they face the best boxers from their own country.

World Title Fight :
The Pinoy and Mexican meet. Sa tingin niyo walang importansiya ang HUGE Advantage of Experience ng Mexican WHO HAS ALREADY FOUGHT SOME OF THE BEST and won against them as opposed to the Pinoy WHO ONLY FOUGHT BUMS and IS ABOUT TO FIGHT ONE OF THE BEST?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:08 pm 
Welterweight

it's a great idea aim to be no.1 first here in Philippines before going outside the country... Para hindi sila matulad kina boom boom masydong hype puro pipitsugin ang pinapalaban

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next