Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:58 pm 
Middleweight

If you are, well I'm not, for me he's still off balance and a bit off timed. Sluggish, contrary to what Castillejos and Nathaniels were commenting. I thought they were veteran boxing analysts. See Bautista's face? he was caught by a week arriving punch from Marbun, he was indeed slow, the reason why he was downed by Bautista. To ALA boys, train Bautista more, I guess he is ripe again for going down the canvass against class A Or B fighters, believe me........ :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:34 pm 
Heavyweight

"same move, all the time".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:39 pm 
Featherweight

I missed the fight, do you guys know were i could watch it? any links?

When you talk to GOD, it is called praying... but when GOD talks to you, it's called "schizophrenia"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:29 pm 
Lightweight

nope. He don't have that much footwork that a good boxer has.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:43 pm 
Middleweight

astig_119 wrote:
If you are, well I'm not, for me he's still off balance and a bit off timed. Sluggish, contrary to what Castillejos and Nathaniels were commenting. I thought they were veteran boxing analysts. See Bautista's face? he was caught by a week arriving punch from Marbun, he was indeed slow, the reason why he was downed by Bautista. To ALA boys, train Bautista more, I guess he is ripe again for going down the canvass against class A Or B fighters, believe me........ :( :( :(

Still No head movement..I don't know why this ALA trainer can't improved it..If HIS still with ALA on his succeeding fights,he won't go far,I think these trainers don't know how to apply new methods to their fighters,not only boomboom,but all ALA fighters,NO improvements.. 8)

ALA Trainers were ALL bums.. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:44 pm 
Welterweight

Give the boy a chance, he just returned from long lay-off. Good news is he still have that knocking power. Although he need to improve his defense and quickness ... but overall it was an impressive comeback since his opponent was a good boxer as well.

cheers!
:drinking:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:47 pm 
Heavyweight

No lateral movement...
stance still wide..

or maybe that is just his style (or ALA's)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:54 pm 
Heavyweight

the JAB was quite there but the defense was not quite there 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:58 pm 
Lightweight

astig_119 wrote:

Dummy, if Bautista catches you with a left jab you will skid across the ring longer than Marbum :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:05 pm 
Lightweight

Actually i dont like his stance and most of the time off balanced usually after missing a punch
his didnt change much exept using his left more often , what he needs is head movement
and train more on speed because he already has power
just need to improve on footwork and speed

Quote:
"Hanapan mo muna ng bilis ang boxer mo bago ang power, me power nga kung
di naman tumatama" Boxing commentator Quinito henson?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:15 pm 
Heavyweight

Pris_Tona wrote:
astig_119 wrote:

Dummy, if Bautista catches you with a left jab you will skid across the ring longer than Marbum :lol:

if bautista catches you with a jab, he can knock that ugly face of yours silly :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:40 pm 
Lightweight

freewheeze wrote:
Pris_Tona wrote:
astig_119 wrote:

if bautista catches you with a jab, he can knock that ugly face of yours silly :lol:

whatever you say butterface :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BoomBoom's style is just pure offense. Nothing more, nothing less. He'll go for the KO, all the time, every time.

And because of that, his fights are fun to watch.

BoomBoom isn't a stylish tactician like Gorres or Melindo. He doesn't have airtight defense like Domingo. Nor has he learned to box from the outside like Banal. He hasn't adopted a style to emulate like Melligen (ala Mayweather).

But nonetheless, I'd like to see BoomBoom fight guys like Rocky Juarez and Mario Santiago. I think he'd even do a much better job against Steven Luevano (compared to Bernabe Concepcion). BoomBoom doesn't stop throwing punches.

Would BoomBoom win against those 3 listed opponents? I don't know. Maybe against Santiago, and maybe he can outlast Juarez or even KO him. But he'd probably lose to Luevano.

But regardless, they'd all be great fights to watch in the future :D

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Pris_Tona wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
Pris_Tona wrote:

whatever you say butterface :lol:

conceding already? :biglaugh: what a weakling! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Not really,i have'nt seen much improvement,no head and lateral movement,no angles only straight line,if ever given a chance to fight Ponce in a rematch,that guy will knock him cold again,he said in the interview that he felt groggy everytime Marbun connected with that right hand,imagine Vasquez and Rafa landing the same shot on him,lights out!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next