Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:05 am 
Heavyweight

It's about time for Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista to fight an opponent ranked within the top 10. I say, enough with the confidence-building fights and challenge the big-name opponents. No more fights against the likes of Marangin Marbun, Saichon Sotornpitak, and Alejandro Barrera.

Here are the Ring's top 10 featherweights:

1. Juan Manuel Lopez
    2. Yuriorkis Gamboa
    3. Chris John
    4. Orlando Salido
    5. Daniel Ponce De Leon
    6. Cristobal Cruz
    7. Elio Rojas
    8. Bernabe Concepcion
    9. Rafael Marquez
    10. Hozumi Hasegawa

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/featherweight/

With Boom Boom's lack of defense, he will always have big problems against the hard punchers like Juan Manuel Lopez, Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Daniel Ponce De Leon.

I think he should fight opponents like Chris John and Hozumi Hasegawa. Yes, he will probably be outboxed, but there is a no real risk of getting knocked out. Plus, Boom Boom's power will always be a real threat against these type of opponents.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:17 am 
Heavyweight

Not yet, still too easy to hit and he likes to trade.BOOM is easily enticed into a brawl and get's caught way too much.Against a puncher this spells disaster.Not sure about his conditioning.

Last edited by Numero uno on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:19 am 
Cruiserweight

I agree 169% :!: Time for you to retire nojr :vomit:<0((((((((((< :!:
:toast: :batman: :peace:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:27 am 
Heavyweight

Numero uno wrote:
Not yet, still too easy to hit and he likes to trade.BOOM is easily enticed into a brawl and get's caught way too much.Against a puncher this spells disaster.Not sure about his conditioning.

If Boom Boom doesn't fight a highly rated opponent soon, then when do you think will he be ready? He had all the tune-up fights he needed. Now is the time to step up. If he gets knocked out again, then we can only say he was not that good to begin with.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:47 am 
Heavyweight

theDon wrote:

It's about time for Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista to fight an opponent ranked within the top 10. I say, enough with the confidence-building fights and challenge the big-name opponents. No more fights against the likes of Marangin Marbun, Saichon Sotornpitak, and Alejandro Barrera.

1. Juan Manuel Lopez
    2. Yuriorkis Gamboa
    3. Chris John
    4. Orlando Salido
    5. Daniel Ponce De Leon
    6. Cristobal Cruz
    7. Elio Rojas
    8. Bernabe Concepcion
    9. Rafael Marquez
    10. Hozumi Hasegawa

With Boom Boom's lack of defense, he will always have big problems against the hard punchers like Juan Manuel Lopez, Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Daniel Ponce De Leon.

I think he should fight opponents like Chris John and Hozumi Hasegawa. Yes, he will probably be outboxed, but there is a no real risk of getting knocked out. Plus, Boom Boom's power will always be a real threat against these type of opponents.

Nope. He's not about to face any of these guys who are belt holders themselves. Boom Boom's not even ranked in the top 15 of all major sanctioning bodies. Too bad his last fight was against a Mexican journeyman with a record of 3W-4L in his last 7 fights.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:04 am 
Light Heavyweight

I say go after Australia's Billy Dib. Dib is weak, all he has is boxing skills, no KO power.

Kinda like the young Milan Melindo.

Dib holds a regional WBO Belt in the Featherweight division, it'd be a good stepping stone for BOOMBOOM.

BoomBoom should be able to KO Dib in this fight.

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 am 
Heavyweight

ARKAN wrote:
theDon wrote:

1. Juan Manuel Lopez
    2. Yuriorkis Gamboa
    3. Chris John
    4. Orlando Salido
    5. Daniel Ponce De Leon
    6. Cristobal Cruz
    7. Elio Rojas
    8. Bernabe Concepcion
    9. Rafael Marquez
    10. Hozumi Hasegawa

Nope. He's not about to face any of these guys who are belt holders themselves. Boom Boom's not even ranked in the top 15 of all major sanctioning bodies. Too bad his last fight was against a Mexican journeyman with a record of 3W-4L in his last 7 fights.

I'm not exactly saying that he needs to fight Chris John and Hozumi Hasegawa, but that he needs to fight boxers who fight like them (because there is no real risk of getting knocked out, although he may be outboxed).

Pinoyflipboi suggested Billy Dib who I think is also ideal for Bautista.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 am 
Heavyweight

He should aim for the rematch against Ponce DeLeon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:43 am 
Middleweight

Unfortunately, it would be hard for Boom-Boom to succeed because boxing is a "thinking man's" game. Actually, for all ALA fighters...they're too robotic. :shock:

Been there, Done that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:44 am 

He already did. Sad to say that he is not world class. He'll do very well in the Asia/Pacific field though. He's been fighting this way since he started and I just don't see any improvements. Put him against a world class puncher and it will be lights out...again. All he relies on is his decent power, so whenever he faces an opponent who can take his punches, he usually gets in hot water. IMO, ALA will be in for another disappointment with this kid. Nothing personal against RB, just stating my own opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:51 am 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
He already did. Sad to say that he is not world class. He'll do very well in the Asia/Pacific field though. He's been fighting this way since he started and I just don't see any improvements. Put him against a world class puncher and it will be lights out...again. All he relies on is his decent power, so whenever he faces an opponent who can take his punches, he usually gets in hot water. IMO, ALA will be in for another disappointment with this kid. Nothing personal against RB, just stating my own opinion.

If he fights a top-ranked opponent and gets knocked out again, then we can only say he was not that good to begin with.

I say, ALA Promotions should take the risk and give Bautista a second chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:54 am 

theDon wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

If he fights a top-ranked opponent and gets knocked out again, then we can only say he was not that good to begin with.

No words needed to say...I knew this even before he got KTFO by DPDL.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 am 
Cruiserweight

He should stay out of boxing.
Lets face it, he got no future on it as long as he doesn't change his ALA 's style. :peace:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:59 am 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
theDon wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

No words needed to say...I knew this even before he got KTFO by DPDL.

Hmmm . . . :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:02 am 
Heavyweight

the way boom boom fights, little chance at world stage sir. hittable, wide stance, less than average speed (fighters at feather weight are way too fast). he's got power though. might be his only ticket

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next