Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:36 am 
Middleweight

ALA has a better roster as compared to Jaro Boxing Stable whose fighters are just overrated. ALA got a lot of boxing champions. Take a look at the likes of Gerry Penalosa and of course Donnie Nietes.

I don't want to compare but please do not try to downplay a boxing stable that has produced a lot of quality fighters. if you can't create a stable yourself, then don't say anything. You are just a piece of $**t barking on a wrong tree.

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:44 am 
Heavyweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:
ALA has a better roster as compared to Jaro Boxing Stable whose fighters are just overrated. ALA got a lot of boxing champions. Take a look at the likes of Gerry Penalosa and of course Donnie Nietes.

I don't want to compare but please do not try to downplay a boxing stable that has produced a lot of quality fighters. if you can't create a stable yourself, then don't say anything. You are just a piece of $**t barking on a wrong tree.

hehehe then why are you saying a lot of things hehe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 am 
Heavyweight

levi wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
They should move their Gym to one of those hills near mandue city, fresher air Cebu city is air polluted.

ALA gym located in mandaue specifically cabancalan...

ALA Gym is in Nasipit Talamban, Cebu City not in Cabangcalan...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 am 
Heavyweight

ImABum wrote:
levi wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
They should move their Gym to one of those hills near mandue city, fresher air Cebu city is air polluted.

Their Gym location has no problem, the area is very quiet which they can focus on thier practice. But I suggest not to jog on Cebu City and Mandaue City Streets, jog going to busay is much preferable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 am 
Heavyweight

ImABum wrote:
levi wrote:
Numero uno wrote:

Thank you for the correction i thought its part of cabancalan...if look at this map http://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+of+ce ... CBwQ8gEwAA you can say it is part of cabancalan mandaue...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:

Got a lot of OPBF champions pa siguro. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Isa lang world champion nila pero binabale wala nila. :lol:
And as if ala fighters aren't over-rated.
the quality fighters of ala didn't start from ALA, they are milendo,pagara,domingo.
the over-rated fighters did start from ala, like boom2 and banal. :lol:

if you want to compare over-rated ala fighters versus over-rated jaro fighters, then Bernabe vs Bautista is a good example. imo Bernabe PWNS Bautista.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:26 pm 
Heavyweight

levi wrote:
ImABum wrote:
Thank you for the correction i thought its part of cabancalan...if look at this map http://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+of+ce ... CBwQ8gEwAA you can say it is part of cabancalan mandaue...

:beeh:

That's near the mountains talamban? I was there dayum that place is hot like inferno and the jeepneys the air is thick with gasoline.BAGUI parin ang mas maganda pwesto mag ensayo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Numero uno wrote:
Not yet, still too easy to hit and he likes to trade.BOOM is easily enticed into a brawl and get's caught way too much.Against a puncher this spells disaster.Not sure about his conditioning.

When he will be ready? hmmmm, maybe year 2020...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm 
Heavyweight

theDon wrote:

It's about time for Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista to fight an opponent ranked within the top 10. I say, enough with the confidence-building fights and challenge the big-name opponents. No more fights against the likes of Marangin Marbun, Saichon Sotornpitak, and Alejandro Barrera.

Here are the Ring's top 10 featherweights:

1. Juan Manuel Lopez
    2. Yuriorkis Gamboa
    3. Chris John
    4. Orlando Salido
    5. Daniel Ponce De Leon
    6. Cristobal Cruz
    7. Elio Rojas
    8. Bernabe Concepcion
    9. Rafael Marquez
    10. Hozumi Hasegawa

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/featherweight/

With Boom Boom's lack of defense, he will always have big problems against the hard punchers like Juan Manuel Lopez, Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Daniel Ponce De Leon.

I think he should fight opponents like Chris John and Hozumi Hasegawa. Yes, he will probably be outboxed, but there is a no real risk of getting knocked out. Plus, Boom Boom's power will always be a real threat against these type of opponents.

and all of the above will beat him

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:53 pm 
Middleweight

Yes he should fight a Top Rank bum fighter instead of just fighting Golden Boy fighters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 pm 
Heavyweight

lordel wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
Not yet, still too easy to hit and he likes to trade.BOOM is easily enticed into a brawl and get's caught way too much.Against a puncher this spells disaster.Not sure about his conditioning.

When he will be ready? hmmmm, maybe year 2020...

i think year 2050 po.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:36 pm 
Heavyweight

el Kapre wrote:
theDon wrote:

It's about time for Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista to fight an opponent ranked within the top 10. I say, enough with the confidence-building fights and challenge the big-name opponents. No more fights against the likes of Marangin Marbun, Saichon Sotornpitak, and Alejandro Barrera.

Here are the Ring's top 10 featherweights:

1. Juan Manuel Lopez
    2. Yuriorkis Gamboa
    3. Chris John
    4. Orlando Salido
    5. Daniel Ponce De Leon
    6. Cristobal Cruz
    7. Elio Rojas
    8. Bernabe Concepcion
    9. Rafael Marquez
    10. Hozumi Hasegawa

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/featherweight/

With Boom Boom's lack of defense, he will always have big problems against the hard punchers like Juan Manuel Lopez, Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Daniel Ponce De Leon.

I think he should fight opponents like Chris John and Hozumi Hasegawa. Yes, he will probably be outboxed, but there is a no real risk of getting knocked out. Plus, Boom Boom's power will always be a real threat against these type of opponents.

and all of the above will beat him

even ONYOK VELASCO can beat boom2x.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Subject: Time for Rey Bautista to fight a top-ranked opponent

p0g1t0 wrote:
just keep fighting bums boom boom..
Quote:
steady income ika nga
. I believe if you fight somebody TOP 5 its all over baby.. end of ur career.. I wanted to be proven wrong

hahaha practical ika nga ano bro? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Boom Boom is a brawler and he has this mindset of not backing down from a fight. You just can't make him a slickster or an in-and-out fighter in the mold of Pacquiao. You just have to develop what's already in there and not make him the kind of fighter that he can't possibly be. The best trainer with this kind of style is Gerry Penalosa. Now I'm not saying that Boom Boom can become like Gerry but Gerry, in his boxing career, is a boxer puncher who found success fighting in the trenches, so to speak and he never backed down from a fight even in the midst of adversity. Rolling with the punches is just one of his vast ring knowledge that he can impart to anyone who cares to be trained under him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:19 pm 
Middleweight

It is very easy for you guys to say this thing and that thing. But you do not know what you are saying. It is easy for you to say that guy is a bum.

As a fan yes we are entitled to it. But we should also give boxers the credit of how they went through to those tedious and very grueling training sessions just to go to the stage.

I salute every boxers no matter what their skill level is. It just shows that they are brave enough to do this brutal sports. I salute Barrera for coming to Cebu, even if he is a journeyman, and just got knocked out by Boom Boom.

Many of you here are not everyone brave enough to spar some of them. If you say they are bum, then you are bummer. You do not even know how to box. So you have no right to say anything. It just show what kind of breed you are. And I don't even have to go down to your level and say that. And don't let me start saying that you are coming from a culture where greed and disrespect rule. Just shows how polluted your minds are with the air you have breathed in every day.

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next