Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Rate Boom2x's latest performance vs. Ruiz
Excellent (He improves a lot and ready for a big fight) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Average (Improves a little but still a lot needs to develop in him) 40%  40%  [ 32 ]
Below average (The same Boom2x that never grow old) 42%  42%  [ 34 ]
Poor (Retire now for heaven's sake) 15%  15%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 81
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:21 am 
Cruiserweight

Para walang away .... Boom-Bum is the best boxer ever.

Or, to the blunt people, pang local perya lang yan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:28 am 
Cruiserweight

Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
keywizard74 wrote:
He just improved his head jab and the ability to get hit :lol: ,mediocre at best..

you mean "take a punch", right?

He did cover up pretty well.. He kept his hands up most of the fight, but then again, he's still so stiff... He might need cross training... Dancing might do him good.. :)

If the opponent of Rey Boomboom is a counter puncher like of JMM he would never win by such kind of performance. You can see his head very open while attacking Ruiz. His head is like a manikin. If Ruiz will review the fight he will just say; "sayang di ko nacounter!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:52 am 
Welterweight

porsche911 wrote:
sad to say but i gave up on boom2 already. he can't win a world championship.

The same with me bro. He can continue to fight he wants but at C class only. For 2 years off is enough time to surprise the boxing world of his new skill, head movement and lateral movements. But I see none. Maybe he needs a coach who would slap his face if not following the game plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:59 am 

He'll do just fine...as long as he stays within the regional championships.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:10 am 
Featherweight

The crowd boooeess says it
wala pang legit belt hambog na I was surprised he didn't kiss the canvass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:29 am 
Welterweight

DaBizz wrote:

Palagay ko din bro!

i think boom2x has a strong upper limbs but his not using waist to swing. Yumuyuko sya to increase the impact of his blows. Making prone to butts and slower to resume his defense

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 am 

butch_babutchka wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

Palagay ko din bro!

i think boom2x has a strong upper limbs but his not using waist to swing. Yumuyuko sya to increase the impact of his blows. Making prone to butts and slower to resume his defense

No speed and his power is not world class.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 am 
Heavyweight

station3 wrote:
as a boxing fan I give him a chance... unless you have a replacement to campaign in 126lbs remember the so could Filipino flash was afraid to move up in weight. so far rey bautista is our hope in 126lbs.
cinderella_man wrote:
station3 wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
there's no hope as this moment, 126 is powerhouse division right now. boom2x will be raped and brutalized by Gamboa, JuanMa, Salido and even Ponce or Chris John i have doubt if he can win against them. sorry but just being realistic here.

stay away in the rain baka dumami ka
you tell me if i am not making any sense. who among the current 126 contenders who do you think boom2x can defeat? Yuriorkis Gamboa? Chris John? Orlando Salido? Juan Manuel Lopez? Cristobal Cruz? Rafael Marquez? Jhonny Gonzalez? Mikey Garcia?

i'm open in an argument.
waitin...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:16 am 
Heavyweight

butch_babutchka wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

Palagay ko din bro!

same observation here, he has power but it is just he is not throwing it properly. you're right power comes from the hip and also he must sit down on his punches. Also, his techniques is different now compare nung bago sya matalo kay Ponce. I can still remember he had a good jab before pero ngayon nawala na.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

xcylly wrote:
Their are lot of Boom-boom hater and lover here in Pacland. I can still remember one very heated discussion comparing Boom2x against Abe Concepcion after his embarassing lost vs. Ponce de Leon and suddenly went into silence when Abe was outgunned by JuanMa' boxing skillset.

For the sake of boxing, lets give Boom2x his chance. Support your vote. :)

boom boom is done....

originally Hubs Pogi (ELMO my avatar) Joined last Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:36 am

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 am 
Welterweight

cinderella_man wrote:
butch_babutchka wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

Palagay ko din bro!

same observation here, he has power but it is just he is not throwing it properly. you're right power comes from the hip and also he must sit down on his punches. Also, his techniques is different now compare nung bago sya matalo kay Ponce. I can still remember he had a good jab before pero ngayon nawala na.

Oo nga bro! I remember him fight a (ordinary) columbian. He has that jab then to the body. He also have a wicked left hook after a jab, which took out that guy. Anyway it was an ordinary guy. Guess he can't do it with quicker foes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:20 am 
Heavyweight

5/10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:26 am 
Heavyweight

butch_babutchka wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
butch_babutchka wrote:
Palagay ko din bro!

Oo nga bro! I remember him fight a (ordinary) columbian. He has that jab then to the body. He also have a wicked left hook after a jab, which took out that guy. Anyway it was an ordinary guy. Guess he can't do it with quicker foes.
also in his hard fought UD win against Medina. Boom2x is leading with his Jab or a 1-2 combo tsaka may uppercut pa sya nun he was mixing with his punches during that fight medyo maayos pa technique nya nun, if i can remember it right si Roach pa trainer nya dito.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:55 am 
Heavyweight

next boxer pls. :roll:

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am 
Heavyweight

Hitable pa rin at tanga kung minsan , improvement??? sa tingin ko his chin, maybe of good conditioning :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next