Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:16 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:52 pm
Posts: 155
CONGRATS BOOM BOOM! :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:
DANIEL PONCE DE LEON IS NEXT!

http://philboxing.com/news/story-64005.html

_________________
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:26 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:55 pm
Posts: 4868
congrats boom boom,..hope ponce next?sweet revenge....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:48 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 16983
kenshinsasuke wrote:
congrats boom boom,..hope ponce next?sweet revenge....



Booms fully develop low blow weapon will carry him to beat daniel ponce.

:biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 16983
Ive heard boom boom headbut skill is perfect!

Ahahahaha

:biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 pm
Posts: 189587
Location: Hokkaido
It looks like a stiff jab thak kd mendoza in the 1st round.

_________________
~Dream ~Believe ~Survive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 pm
Posts: 189587
Location: Hokkaido
Boom2x should improve his defense. he is getting hit too much.

_________________
~Dream ~Believe ~Survive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4165
Retz wrote:
Boom2x should improve his defense. he is getting hit too much.



Forget it.Have you seen Villamor on the mitts? :? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:52 pm
Posts: 155
yahoo! panalo ang mga pinoy this weekend!

_________________
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:17 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:43 am
Posts: 892
Numero uno wrote:
Retz wrote:
Boom2x should improve his defense. he is getting hit too much.



Forget it.Have you seen Villamor on the mitts? :? :?


You mean That's all the Villamor had taught Boom2x,to get hit all the time? :lol: :lol: :lol:

...



...


i also think so..

_________________
....What is essential is invisible to the eye.--The little Prince[/i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:52 pm
Posts: 155
ANG GALING NG PINOY!
HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HELP LIFT UP PINOYS SPIRIT..
ESPECIALLY THIS CHRISTMAS!
BANGON! ANGAT! UNLAD!
KAYA MO PINOY!

_________________
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:57 pm
Posts: 927
good that he won, but no improvement in his style and technique ... defense is not good ... i think he'll only be good to fight no-name boxers, world title chance is bleak to none for Boom 2x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:25 am 
Offline
Bantamweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Posts: 30
It's a good weekend for Filipino fighters and glad that we won our battles, viloria beating a p4p boxer in segura, boom boom beating his opponent whom they say is a KO specialist, although I am not impressed on the level of his opponent even if mendoza's unbeaten (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer ), it will be interesting to watch a rematch with de leon or even mikey garcia, so we can see boomboom 's improvement as a fighter.

_________________
Mabuhay!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:35 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 am
Posts: 1604
Retz wrote:
Boom2x should improve his defense. he is getting hit too much.


His defense actually improved. And he is much improved. But Bautista is a slugger/puncher. He will always be in front of you and will be liable to get hit as well. But I disagree with people who say his defense is bad. He has good defense but he is in front very often and that is because brawlers do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 am
Posts: 1604
kid A wrote:
It's a good weekend for Filipino fighters and glad that we won our battles, viloria beating a p4p boxer in segura, boom boom beating his opponent whom they say is a KO specialist, although I am not impressed on the level of his opponent even if mendoza's unbeaten (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer ), it will be interesting to watch a rematch with de leon or even mikey garcia, so we can see boomboom 's improvement as a fighter.


I think Mendoza was selected. His style and stances are very similar to Ponce de Leon. Even the kind of angles his punches come in were very similar. ALA's match maker made a good choice. It is obvious ALA stable is preparing to exact revenge on Ponce De Leon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:48 am 
Offline
Bantamweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Posts: 30
junpals1 wrote:
kid A wrote:
It's a good weekend for Filipino fighters and glad that we won our battles, viloria beating a p4p boxer in segura, boom boom beating his opponent whom they say is a KO specialist, although I am not impressed on the level of his opponent even if mendoza's unbeaten (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer ), it will be interesting to watch a rematch with de leon or even mikey garcia, so we can see boomboom 's improvement as a fighter.


I think Mendoza was selected. His style and stances are very similar to Ponce de Leon. Even the kind of angles his punches come in were very similar. ALA's match maker made a good choice. It is obvious ALA stable is preparing to exact revenge on Ponce De Leon.


yeah, i notice some similarities but i really think Ponce de Leon is a heavier puncher... Boom Boom should prepare his body, mind, and heart for that fight if it pushes through, he should focus, map out a flexible gameplan and be ready for everything...the saying goes like this "revenge is a dish best served cold" -Pierre Ambroise Francois Choderios de LaClos (1741-1803).

_________________
Mabuhay!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group