Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:48 pm 
Featherweight

Retz wrote:
I think Mendoza did get-up at the count of 10.

I second the motion brother.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:17 pm 
Heavyweight

The other boxer was not given a fair shake by the ref.

Some say a win is a win but it's not one we can be proud of.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:20 pm 
Heavyweight

A rematch to be held in Mexico will be fair enough for Mendoza.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Retz wrote:
A rematch to be held in Mexico will be fair enough for Mendoza.

hindi na mananalo si boom boom diyan :lol: :lol:

US at Phil lang ata naglalaro yan :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

The count was ok,it just that the ref saw an opportunity to stop the fight and he did,to have the pinoy win.Mendoza got up at 9.5 seconds maybe,usually fighters who get up that late do so to catch more rest.and most refs would let them keep fighting if they dont look that badly hurt..they only count them out if they stayed kneeling and not planning to get up..i think so anyways..

But Rey looked great in that fight..more mature and smarter than before,I think filipinos hate him becuase of his babyface maybe lol..but also it's part of some filipinos mentality to bring down a fellow filipino to make themselves feel better and more superior than them..why do you think philippines is poor and corrupt..it's because of the People's crab mentality.it's not the government,it's the people...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:03 am 
Cruiserweight

mannyjao168 wrote:
- Miguel Mendoza camps complains.
- Even on the replay (slow motion) the attorney referee was counting really fast.
- Terrible officiating, biased for Bautista's corner.

Too bad..Angel Mendoza could have fought till the end.

agree

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 am 
Cruiserweight

check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjECYf2X ... creen&NR=1

observe the ref's count, the fighter's condition and he's up at the count of 8 too.
especially 2:50 - 3:00

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!!Will Rogers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:55 am 
Cruiserweight

PacManfan wrote:
The count was ok,it just that the ref saw an opportunity to stop the fight and he did,to have the pinoy win.Mendoza got up at 9.5 seconds maybe,usually fighters who get up that late do so to catch more rest.and most refs would let them keep fighting if they dont look that badly hurt..they only count them out if they stayed kneeling and not planning to get up..i think so anyways.....
The issue here is the obvious fast count and I think he did it by blood, the mexican fighting two man in the ring that night.

PacManfan wrote:
But Rey looked great in that fight..more mature and smarter than before,I think filipinos hate him becuase of his babyface maybe lol..but also it's part of some filipinos mentality to bring down a fellow filipino to make themselves feel better and more superior than them..why do you think philippines is poor and corrupt..it's because of the People's crab mentality.it's not the government,it's the people...
it's not only the crab mentality that bring us down, it's more on laziness of people/government around us. How many OFW we have today? How many local worker we have today? and how many people we're sitting today?If my guess is as good as yours maybe 60-70% of the total population waiting for the OFW/Government to send them the three basic needs of human.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:30 am 
Heavyweight

stupid referee...what is the point of counting him out fast just to draw attention to yourself and give the other side a chance to complain. He was on his way to already getting stopped

the outcome was being determined by Bautista, yet the referee decided to inject himself in the result instead of just doing his job

Pinoy refs and every other ref in the world should learn from Steve Smoger and Kenny Bayless

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm 
Heavyweight

mannyjao168 wrote:
- Miguel Mendoza camps complains.
- Even on the replay (slow motion) the attorney referee was counting really fast.
- Terrible officiating, biased for Bautista's corner.

Too bad..Angel Mendoza could have fought till the end.

The ref has no idea just like you, me, and other people how many seconds have elapsed.

Sir, the little box in the lower right corner of the video is a timer. All you have to do is look at it to verify the ref's count.

FYI it is not the ref that start the count but the TIMEKEEPER who strikes the edge of the ring and calls out the seconds that elapse. The count starts as soon as the boxer goes down for a legal KD. The ref's immediate job is to stop the boxer who scored the KD if he is still on the attack mode and direct him to go to a neutral corner. He then picks up the count from the TIMEKEEPER.

I did not see any discrepancy between the count and the timer. And this is Mendoza when I clicked the stop button after hearing the ref call out DIEZ (10)!

I was wondering why a lot of people complaining about fast counts by refs never knew that there are TIMEKEEPERS during boxing bouts. :roll: