Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:03 pm 
Lightweight

Boom-Booms fight last Saturday again raises the question of whether he can compete with
the TOP fighters on his division, and the clear answer is again very obvious..."NO".

He hasn't change a bit, he still charges directly without any head movement, he's too flat footed...too vulnerable...

His punches are very predictable and no variation at all...and I think that he cannot
absorb a clean shot, he almost wen't down on one instance...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:34 pm 
Featherweight

boom boom still lack of skills to compete to the elites in the world.. he covers like statue there, the heavy puncher can break those wall.. he can't moved away or back pedal while on defense...he can punch but yeah same one two straight punch combo.. boxing is not an easy sport, boom boom doing great job but I would agreed to the TS he still need a lot to improve to be a world champion.

robvilla wrote:
Boom-Booms fight last Saturday again raises the question of whether he can compete with
the TOP fighters on his division, and the clear answer is again very obvious..."NO".

He hasn't change a bit, he still charges directly without any head movement, he's too flat footed...too vulnerable...

His punches are very predictable and no variation at all...and I think that he cannot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:41 pm 
Heavyweight

His balance is bad he gets pushed around a light tap and he is off balance.He is a bit smarter though but still he will get caught in the exchanges.A fighter with quicker hands will get there first and Boom2x will probably go down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

robvilla wrote:

I agree, kundi lang pasaway si Marvin Sonsona mas malayo na skilled sya kaysa kay Boom-Boom. :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

To his credit he now looks more durable. His Punch rate has decreased compared with his previous bouts but he has become more accurate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:30 pm 
Bantamweight

he's very flat footed! he has the power but still lacks the skills to compete with the elite fighters in his division! if he fights de leon next year i think the outcome will still be the same!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 pm 
Middleweight

Boom2 has improved so much in his patience. He has learned somehow to defend his jaw while throwing a jab. He needs so much to improve his footwork, balance and the speed rate of his jab. His power is okay. If he can improve in this in quarter, he can launch an effective offensive than just counterpunch. He has been fighting the same style so his future opponents can easily read him. Vic Darchinyan was a feared opponent who keeps fighting the same way and now has several losses. This is the only way Boom2 can reach the world class. He is like Navarette who gives a power punch but neglects defense. He is getting older, I hope he can be a world champion. Congratulations on your big win! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 pm 
Cruiserweight

Maybe he'll never be a world class boxer, but the kid has swagger

I loved how he made the gesture slitting his throat and looked right at Mendoza

Rey has the kill or be killed attitude. I love it.

I say leave the boxing skills to Viloria and Donaire, these two have an extensive amateur background.

He does get hit but not as much as he used to, and the boy has pop, he knocked down Mendoza twice with a jab!

The kid is exciting to watch and goes for a KO all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 pm 
Heavyweight

to say boom boom hasn't changed a bit is an exaggeration. pitting him against a strong puncher certainly paid dividends, simply by forcing bautista to take the cautious approach. he did well in the defensive department, not exactly by world class standards but with respect to his defense of old- the one that caused him an embarrasing first round KO in the hands of de leon (not joey).

it's hard to envision boom boom getting past more accomplished fighters like gamboa, lopez or gonzalez. but the fact that he has KO power and a suspect chin makes him an exciting fighter to watch. you couple that with mainstream recall, albeit on the negative side being the one that lost to ponce in the very first round, and you got yourself someone worthy of a slot in an international fight card. 8)

It takes forever to know everything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Well at least he improved in some aspects. I hope he will not stop there and continue to learn for more skills if he want to catch the bigger fish in boxing. He is still young anyway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:04 pm 
Heavyweight

His defense awareness has improved but he's the same fighter,no head/lateral movement,he's slow and does'nt throw punches when backing up,his balance has worsened,when pin on the ropes he does'nt know what to do,all this kid got is power,nothing else,if i were his handlers,i won't put him right now against Ponce,let him regain his confidence by fighting quality opponents.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:05 pm 
Welterweight

doubleblade29 wrote:
to say boom boom hasn't changed a bit is an exaggeration. pitting him against a strong puncher certainly paid dividends, simply by forcing bautista to take the cautious approach. he did well in the defensive department, not exactly by world class standards but with respect to his defense of old- the one that caused him an embarrasing first round KO in the hands of de leon (not joey).

it's hard to envision boom boom getting past more accomplished fighters like gamboa, lopez or gonzalez. but the fact that he has KO power and a suspect chin makes him an exciting fighter to watch. you couple that with mainstream recall, albeit on the negative side being the one that lost to ponce in the very first round, and you got yourself someone worthy of a slot in an international fight card. 8)

Plus one! He may be slow and lack of lateral movements but he definitely picked up his defense... Putting his hands up as always and he also pick his shots, he has matured as a boxer but is still only 25 yrs. old. He can be a world champ soon but may not be a rated P4P. But who knows... Keep believing!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:32 pm 
Welterweight

he just does not have the in-born boxing skills period. too stiff and too mechanical.
he does not see things in slo-mo like Donaire does.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Maybe pang regional champ lang talaga... but I really do hope that he can get a world championship belt in the future, kahit from a robbery lang a.k.a paper belt :lol:

He's lucky ALA loves him that much, feeding him c-z fighters...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I don't believe with the postings of many here in Pacland. I still consider Bautista a world class fighter. He has the tools to be a world champion. I don't understand what kind of performance you guys are looking for. Bautista has improved on his defense and he is much mature now. That is very obvious. I don't know what kind of defense are you guys looking for. This is boxing. You will get hit no matter what. Even the best gets hit. Probably, most of you are wanting a speedy Bautista. But there was no need for that. He is good with picking his punches and his accuracy is much better. The Mexican Mendoza is a power puncher himself. And his style is almost exactly that of De Leon. He couldn't even touch Bautista. The punches he scored against Bautista were not solid punches. That's what counts most. I would say Bautista has improved very much.