Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:45 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

boknoy the fighting ball wrote:
Maybe pang regional champ lang talaga... but I really do hope that he can get a world championship belt in the future, kahit from a robbery lang a.k.a paper belt :lol:

He's lucky ALA loves him that much, feeding him c-z fighters...

Why say Bautista is a regional fighter only. Did you see how mature he fights now? Did you see how good his jabs are? Even the best champions in his division don't have that kind of jab. Maybe because he got hit and people don't like that. This is boxing. You can get hit. The most important thing is you don't get hit by loaded punches. Mayweather got hit. Ali got hit. And so did Pacquiao. If you don't want a fighter to get hit, then you are looking for a punching bag.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:12 pm 
Welterweight

junpals1 wrote:
I don't believe with the postings of many here in Pacland. I still consider Bautista a world class fighter. He has the tools to be a world champion. I don't understand what kind of performance you guys are looking for. Bautista has improved on his defense and he is much mature now. That is very obvious. I don't know what kind of defense are you guys looking for. This is boxing. You will get hit no matter what. Even the best gets hit. Probably, most of you are wanting a speedy Bautista. But there was no need for that. He is good with picking his punches and his accuracy is much better. The Mexican Mendoza is a power puncher himself. And his style is almost exactly that of De Leon. He couldn't even touch Bautista. The punches he scored against Bautista were not solid punches. That's what counts most. I would say Bautista has improved very much.

exactly.. it was very good win by Boom2x.

This is all pacquiao's fault.. :lol: the guy has been soooo successful that all other pinoy fighters are compared to him. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:15 pm 
Heavyweight

junpals1 wrote:
Maybe pang regional champ lang talaga... but I really do hope that he can get a world championship belt in the future, kahit from a robbery lang a.k.a paper belt :lol:

Why say Bautista is a regional fighter only. Did you see how mature he fights now? Did you see how good his jabs are? Even the best champions in his division don't have that kind of jab. Maybe because he got hit and people don't like that. This is boxing. You can get hit. The most important thing is you don't get hit by loaded punches. Mayweather got hit. Ali got hit. And so did Pacquiao. If you don't want a fighter to get hit, then you are looking for a punching bag.

Dude relax... I said it because he has no proof whatsoever that he can hang with the elite guys...yet. When he fought a semi-elite (perhaps B fighter at best) in Ponce De leon, he got KTFO.

For now Bautista is at very best, a regional fighter. Even I saw some maturity from him, pero regional fighter pa rin, IMO. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:24 am 
Featherweight

junpals1 wrote:

Yeah he learn to cover more now to his jaw but still getting hit and being hurt... . He's doing good but for a world class opponent he's still not ready..he got power but the footwork and his boxing skills not that great to compete to his division..

To boom boom don't stop believing else go back to bohol and sell kalamay :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:13 am 
Light Heavyweight

call out donaire :P

boom boom was a hot item in pacland before, now he is relegated to journeyman.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:22 am 
Heavyweight

Who will be the next opponent for Boom2x?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 am 
Heavyweight

yup the same old boom2, using his face to block his opponent's punches! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

I hope he can mixed his punches more ad some uppercut and right hook, and more head movement, although the defense for me is good and his jab and can hurt, I like him is that he is not he is not rushing things if knock out comes it will come.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 am 
Lightweight

once a tree, is always a tree... :) :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 am 
Cruiserweight

... and the tree will going down like timbeeerrrr!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 am 
Welterweight

junpals1 wrote:

What punching bag?Punching bag always get hit...as well as Boom boom...what the hell, who the hell you talking about?...korni mo...kahit wla wenta sinasabi mo..para may maiwento lang