Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boom2x's attitude
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:44 pm 
Welterweight

boomx2 should know where is his level. He is boomx2 the boxer and rick kid, even if he got a glass chin and that trike driver will still be a driver, unless he wants to be a boxer also and be boomx2 tomato can. this kid is good but he is over hype too soon by the media and this tv network for thier own ratings. I still believe on this kid as a boxer, but not to this people who used him for thier own benifits. i see it coming on the medina fight when he was almost KOed also. If you see his interview in his version of tarzan english, he always say he got the power, but never think that his opponent also has got 2 hands unbound. Floyd mahangin (mayweather) is not a power puncher but he is the best 4p4 because he can score and dont rely on his power punch to win every fight. I believe that our boxer should be enrolled to a motivational speaker, when we see that they have potential. I hope and believe that in every championship fight promoters should enroll thier ward to a motivational speaker so they can get a lesson and know how to deal with people and media.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:58 pm 
Heavyweight

CaPsLocKe wrote:
Have you seen the ABS CBN's Nagmamahal Kapamilya show that features Boom2x?
There is one segment there that Boom2x was interviewed about what he feels after the fight
when he went home. Then he meet someone in their town (accdng to Boom2x it was a tricycle driver) and ask "Ngano man nikamang ka?" (Trans: Why are you Kayoed?)............Did you know what's his answer???????????????...........It's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!
He even tell the tricycle driver "Kung ikaw kaha ako sukmagon, makaya kaha nimo akong kumo?" (Trans: If I'm going to punch you, can you take it?)..........Boom2x doesn't know how to deal the adversity of defeat.
Man, if he'll act like this...............I don't know if he can reach that far with that kind of attitude........He should have answered it politely........

My two cents anyway.

:( :(

We're not there..di natin alam ang tunay na sitwasyon kaya wala tayong karapatan mag judge between the two involved persons..

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:10 pm 
Light Heavyweight

kumander_alibasbas wrote:
boomx2 should know where is his level. He is boomx2 the boxer and rick kid, even if he got a glass chin and that trike driver will still be a driver, unless he wants to be a boxer also and be boomx2 tomato can. this kid is good but he is over hype too soon by the media and this tv network for thier own ratings. I still believe on this kid as a boxer, but not to this people who used him for thier own benifits. i see it coming on the medina fight when he was almost KOed also. If you see his interview in his version of tarzan english, he always say he got the power, but never think that his opponent also has got 2 hands unbound. Floyd mahangin (mayweather) is not a power puncher but he is the best 4p4 because he can score and dont rely on his power punch to win every fight. I believe that our boxer should be enrolled to a motivational speaker, when we see that they have potential. I hope and believe that in every championship fight promoters should enroll thier ward to a motivational speaker so they can get a lesson and know how to deal with people and media.

Spoken completely in the "tarzan english" you claim you and Boom2 comprehend! Bwa-ha-ha-ha. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: Ano raw?

Pacland's POST OF THE DAY!!!!!
:celebrate:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:02 pm 
Welterweight

@brownstone, @ramrod

if you really want to justify bragging and arrogance, its your call. that's your opinion, anyways...

hey, i'm just one of the many who dislike persons who brag, but can't back it up and show some results

as you've said, hyping is part and parcel of being a boxer... true. true.

on that note, i would like to you to see this pre-fight interview, done with hype and confidence, but with humility and class...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_NjA1ghFZk

my last post on this thread... bai, salamat for the interesting discussion...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

bust_em_all wrote:
@brownstone, @ramrod

if you really want to justify bragging and arrogance, its your call. that's your opinion, anyways...

hey, i'm just one of the many who dislike persons who brag, but can't back it up and show some results

on that note, i would like to you to see this pre-fight interview, done with hype and confidence, but with humility and class...

I was only justifying the actions before the fight bai. For me there is nothing wrong with the bragging, that's part of the hype.

As far as backing it up. We don't know yet because it's a pre fight interview.

Regarding the link you posted. I agree with you. Nonito is such a wonderful guy, nice boxer, and I know he has a great future ahead of him. No comment on that one. But you know, people differ in views, ideas, and many more.

Anyways, salamat sad bai sa pag himamat. Looking further to another discussion with you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:16 am 
Heavyweight

bust_em_all wrote:
@brownstone, @ramrod

different people.........different personalities.....different attitudes......different characters. No human being is exactly the same as the other........not even twins. So, this link that you gave doesn't justify anything about hating boomboom just bcoz some people think he is a braggart. if you'll ask me, i'll tell you that i don't criticize people who brags......bcoz i recognize their right to brag. maybe we should ponder a little if some times in our lives we never ever bragged at all. then if you say it here that in your lifetime you have not bragged.....even a little......then maybe i should say that you will have difficulty understanding a lot of people.....or maybe majority of the human population.........bcoz it is always normal for people to brag.........

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:09 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Almost all fighters hype themselves up before the fight..brag, arrogance, plain non-sense, or trash talk,..its all part of the game..Fighters tend to get too excited, motivated, confident or just simply trying to boost their self confidence will always say something positive about WINNING THE FIGHT. Always thinking about Victory, and should not think of a single speck of losing...Now thats the mind of a CHAMPION !! Its understandable that Boom2x especially at his age, his experience level taking the enormous task he is about to face, would probably say something to boost himself up.
Too many journeymen, average, good, great or legendary fighters including our very own Pacman did it.

I remember when Boom2x was interviewed one time that he is facing a tough champion, he believes that he can win this fight because he got power(which is true), he trains hard and said that he is going to see himself where he really belongs, wether hes a great fighter or just an average one --- now thats even an understatement for a hype!

I can relate to these critics of Boom2x the same as those Bandwagon jumpers of Pacman before.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:31 pm 
Flyweight

hello everyone..im new here in philboxing forum..im not really a big boom2x fan but i have this question...it's kinda old but i really dont know the answer yet.

regarding the topic "BOOM2X'S ATTITUDE"...

what is boom2x's attitude in and off the ring? is he a cocky fighter? and loves to play around opponents?

hope to get your answers..thanks..sorry for my delayed question..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 pm 
Heavyweight

spree wrote:
hello everyone..im new here in philboxing forum..im not really a big boom2x fan but i have this question...it's kinda old but i really dont know the answer yet.

what is boom2x's attitude in and off the ring? is he a cocky fighter? and loves to play around opponents?

welcome to pacland spree....!!! as to your question...it really depends who answers it. if he is a boomboom hater...expect an answer that is not good for boomboom......

personally though, i have been up close with boomboom many times already.....during EBs of Cebu Paclanders, ALA presscons, etc. Boomboom is just a kid with a brave heart. that's why he is often misinterpreted as a braggart. as a person, i like boomboom bcoz he is fun to talk with. never a dull moment with him and exudes a childlike aura off the ring to the point of being comical at times. that character off the ring changes though when you see him up in the ring.....and while hyping up a scheduled fight.......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:15 pm 
Flyweight

Ramrod wrote:
spree wrote:

welcome to pacland spree....!!! as to your question...it really depends who answers it. if he is a boomboom hater...expect an answer that is not good for boomboom......

personally though, i have been up close with boomboom many times already.....during EBs of Cebu Paclanders, ALA presscons, etc. Boomboom is just a kid with a brave heart. that's why he is often misinterpreted as a braggart. as a person, i like boomboom bcoz he is fun to talk with. never a dull moment with him and exudes a childlike aura off the ring to the point of being comical at times. that character off the ring changes though when you see him up in the ring.....and while hyping up a scheduled fight.......

ic..thnx 4 the info ramrod. by the way any news on boom2x's next opponent? is he back training now?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:26 pm 
Heavyweight

spree wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
spree wrote:

ic..thnx 4 the info ramrod. by the way any news on boom2x's next opponent? is he back training now?

you're welcome bro. boomboom's handlers had said that he will be fighting before the year ends.........and if i'm not mistaken it was mentioned that he will be fighting an argentinian. i'm not sure though.......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:01 pm 
Featherweight

It is all about attitude and spirit and as for Boom Boom he is not there yet and I really hope he will get there very soon.

To become a World champion is not an easy task and being a World champion is a heavy burden to keep.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 pm 
Welterweight

HE IS THE BEST!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

:lol: :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

THOU IT WAS A MISTAKE TO STAND IN FRONT OF DE LEON AND GET HIT, IT ALSO SHOWS THAT REY IS NOT AFRAID OF HIM AND THAT'S GREAT, HAVING A BIG FIGHTING HEART. WHAT IS MORE MAKALOLO-OY IF REY WAS RUNNING SCARED AND STILL LOST THE FIGHT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next