Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Are strenght and conditioning coaches in boxing overrated?
Poll ended at Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 pm
I agree most fighters and trainers already know how to get in fighting form. 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
No, they are not overrated and I believe in Kinesiology. 40%  40%  [ 12 ]
It depends who the coach is. 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Case to case basis. 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 30
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:31 pm 
Heavyweight

@andoy

Lildevalt wrote:
U can't even explain by example the specific benefits of supplements to a boxer's performance, tumalon ka na agad sa hilarious conclusion that supplements and S & C coaches are more essential than they actually are.

Di mo nga masasagot siguro what is the positive side of Manny skipping the Strength and Conditioning training recently? Sige nga, pakita mo samin may nalalaman ka kahit konti. :lol:

Sinagot ko na tanong mo.

Hayan tol, ikaw naman magpasikat. Sagutin mo tanong ko.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:38 pm 
Featherweight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

@Lildevalt

Tol, you provided so many links but most are not applicable with the subject in question.

The World Anti-Doping Code

THE 2012
PROHIBITED LIST

INTERNATIONAL
STANDARD
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS

PROHIBITED IN-COMPETITION

S7. NARCOTICS
The following are prohibited:
Buprenorphine, dextromoramide, diamorphine (heroin), fentanyl and its
derivatives, hydromorphone, methadone, morphine, oxycodone,
oxymorphone, pentazocine, pethidine.

S8. CANNABINOIDS

Natural (e.g. cannabis, hashish, marijuana) or synthetic delta 9-
tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabimimetics [e.g. “Spice” (containing
JWH018, JWH073), HU-210] are prohibited

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm 
Heavyweight

andycastro wrote:
@Lildevalt

Tol, you provided so many links but most are not applicable with the subject in question.

The World Anti-Doping Code

THE 2012
PROHIBITED LIST

INTERNATIONAL
STANDARD
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS

PROHIBITED IN-COMPETITION

S7. NARCOTICS
The following are prohibited:
Buprenorphine, dextromoramide, diamorphine (heroin), fentanyl and its
derivatives, hydromorphone, methadone, morphine, oxycodone,
oxymorphone, pentazocine, pethidine.

S8. CANNABINOIDS

Natural (e.g. cannabis, hashish, marijuana) or synthetic delta 9-
tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabimimetics [e.g. “Spice” (containing
JWH018, JWH073), HU-210] are prohibited

Magpapalusot ka pa. It was big news when Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. and Mike Tyson tested positive for MARIJUANA use at si PERNELL WHITAKER sa cocaine.

Anong hinde applicable with the subject, basahin mo nga kung bakit sinabi ko na kahit ang non-performance enhancing drugs ay banned sa boxing.

Kung hinde ka pa kuntento, hanapin mo dito ang cocaine at marijuana...

http://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&rct=j ... aUCvG5yXlQ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Lildevalt wrote:
@andoy

Lildevalt wrote:
U can't even explain by example the specific benefits of supplements to a boxer's performance, tumalon ka na agad sa hilarious conclusion that supplements and S & C coaches are more essential than they actually are.

Di mo nga masasagot siguro what is the positive side of Manny skipping the Strength and Conditioning training recently? Sige nga, pakita mo samin may nalalaman ka kahit konti. :lol:

Sinagot ko na tanong mo.

Sorry, tol, di mo nasagot ng matino ang alin man sa tanong ko. Isa pa di ako pasikat na tulad mo kaya di kita mapagbibiyan. :biglaugh:

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Tol

1) What is the positive side of Manny skipping the strength and conditioning regimen for Marquez?

2) Explain by example the positive effects of supplements in a fighter's performance.

Pleasssssssssse................ :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 pm 
Heavyweight

andycastro wrote:
Lildevalt wrote:
@andoy

Lildevalt wrote:

Sinagot ko na tanong mo.

Sorry, tol, di mo nasagot ng matino ang alin man sa tanong ko. Isa pa di ako pasikat na tulad mo kaya di kita mapagbibiyan. :biglaugh:

Palusot 101. Supalpal ka na tol. :spin:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Lildevalt wrote:

Lildevalt wrote:

Sinagot ko na tanong mo.

Quote:
Sorry, tol, di mo nasagot ng matino ang alin man sa tanong ko. Isa pa di ako pasikat na tulad mo at lalong di ako uto-uto, kaya di kita mapagbibiyan. :biglaugh:

Quote:
Palusot 101. Supalpal ka na tol. :spin:

Ok, tol. Umuusok na ang ilong mo sa pagka-pikon kaya iwas tayong mauwi sa asaran thread ito. Panalo ka na, tol. At saka na lang tayo babawi. :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:53 am 
Heavyweight

Panalo na ang B.
Sino ang nanalo at natalo? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
Panalo na ang B.
Sino ang nanalo at natalo? :shock:

Psssst. Yayain mo na lang mag-post dito yung mahilig magpa-SIKAT dyan para makabawi. :D

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=229180&hilit=

EPO(hormones) undectectable in less than 24 Hrs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 pm 
Middleweight

marquez bulked up with explosive fast-twitched muscles, hindi porket lumaki ang katawan eh babagal na.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

andycastro wrote:
MEG wrote:
as for ariza he is overrated, attention whore who speaks first before thinking even insinuating that w/o him MP cannot be that great now.

if i remember it right MP is his only atg fighter he handled he's stint with diego did'nt make him a celebrity but MP made ariza famous not the other way around.

those who brag are the ones humiliated and exposed as overrated.

SC is essential but its not everything a boxer needs to be successful ask amir khan

OK, we can agree with that. Ariza is overrated but not the supplements. And if Nonito keeps winning with the help of Victor Conte, or if (God forbids) Marquez KOs or beats Manny Pacquiao; I can't see any reason why Ariza or all the other S&C coaches are reduced to non-essentials. Let's look at the general rule, not the few exceptions.

Now that Manny lost to Marquez by KO and Freddie Roach was man enough to blame himself for it, we could have been wrong about Ariza being overrated. In fact many believe Marquez won the fight with great help from Heredia, or the S&C that made him stronger than before inspite of his being 39 years old. I'm not even talking about the KO but the KD in 3rd.

I didn't mean to disrespect your new religion with the words 'God forbids' Manny. But your Mom is now blaming your new religion for your loss. I am agnostic to all these beliefs but it seems I was asking a different "God" when I made the above statement. :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9