Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: ALL SPORTS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:50 pm 
Heavyweight

He told TMZ: “I’ll work with her if she’s willing to work with me.”

Mayweather was speaking a week after heurged “true champion” Rousey, 29, to ignore her critics and not turn her back on MMA despite a devastating defeat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm 
Heavyweight

LIBREVILLE, Gabon  — Only a tiny minority of African soccer players achieve stardom and the rich rewards that go with it. Some of them will feature in Sunday's African Cup of Nations final, while for thousands of journeymen professionals on this continent, it's not a beautiful game but an ugly and abusive system that has let them down badly.

According to a report by the world soccer players' union FIFPro , thousands of players in Africa aren't paid for months, sometimes years; contracts are non-existent, ignored or torn up completely by powerful, politically-connected club bosses; and injured players are discarded as too much trouble or too expensive to treat, and left to fend for themselves. If they can't afford treatment, some have to give up their only livelihood.

http://m.philstar.com/sports/show/4771d ... ernq1hvpm3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 am 
Heavyweight

Super Bowl 2017: Tom Brady leads Patriots to historic comeback win

Pats rally from 28-3 deficit in third quarter to beat Atlanta Falcons

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:13 am 
Heavyweight

So America hasn’t changed that much in the last few months after all: the New England Patriots are the Super Bowl champions once again. They beat the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in overtime amid a frenzied, brain-frying climax in Houston. At one point New England had trailed 28-3 with little over a quarter to play.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:14 am 
Heavyweight

“We all brought each other back,” said Brady of his team-mates after the game. “We never felt out of it. It was a tough battle. They have a great team, I give them a lot of credit. We just made a few more plays than them.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:15 am 
Heavyweight

The game had been billed as the experience and wile of Brady and his head coach Bill Belichick against the explosive offense of the Falcons, led by Matt Ryan and the extravagantly talented wide receiver Julio Jones. But the high-scoring contest nearly every expert had predicted refused to emerge and the first quarter ended scoreless – the two best quarterbacks in the league this season had managed just 59 yards of passing between them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:16 am 
Heavyweight

It was the Falcons who finally scored. Given the unspectacular play so far, it was fitting that it came from a short run by Devonta Freeman. But Ryan has developed a taste for the limelight after what had been, until this remarkable season, a career of mild underachievement. In his first Super Bowl, it was Ryan’s seventh pass attempt before he failed to find a receiver: he made up for that on his eighth, a beautiful pass to the rookie Austin Hooper to make it 14-0. The Falcons were running, the Patriots gasping. A quick glance of the record books showed the task ahead of the Patriots: no team had ever won the Super Bowl after trailing by more than 10 points. The task went from challenging to positively vertiginous when Brady, under pressure from Atlanta’s pass rushers, was intercepted with 2:36 left in the first-half by Robert Alford, who had a long time to savor the highlight of his career as he trotted 82 yards into the end zone largely unopposed. Even the Patriots cheerleaders appeared to be smiling through gritted teeth as they danced in the end zone during the break for the two-minute warning. A Stephen Gostkowski field goal to end the half was as good as it got for the four-time champions as they went into half-time 21-3 down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:36 am 
Heavyweight

“Unbelievable,” said Edelman of his team’s comeback to tie the game. “It’s the microcosm of our life, our season. Mental toughness, believe, do your job, work hard and we’d be champions in the championship game.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:01 am 
Heavyweight

UFC legend Anderson Silva has said that he wants to fight Conor McGregor to test himself. The former middleweight champion is set to fight Derek Brunson at UFC 208 on 11 February, but has issued a challenge to the current lightweight champion, without any intended malice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:13 am 
Heavyweight

"First of all, I respect a lot Conor McGregor because this man changed everything in the UFC. Because I'm very respectful of Conor McGregor's style," Silva told Fox Sports.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:14 am 
Heavyweight

"I think it's a great challenge for my martial arts techniques. I don't talk to disrespect Conor.

"I do it for challenge, for myself and the best stand-up fighting. I respect Conor and I think this is a great show, it's a great fight for the rest of my life. For the rest of my story in the UFC," the 41-year-old added.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 am 
Heavyweight

"Yeah of course. I'm so happy because in my heart I have energy. I have a lot of energy. In my mind and in my heart and I talked to my family and my family gives me support to finish my contract in the UFC," he noted.

"I think I have the energy to fight for more years. I think maybe six or seven years but I have energy. This is more important. I have energy. I have passion and I love my job."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Conor McGregor on potential Anderson Silva fight: I’ll fight anyone if the numbers are right

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next