Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:40 am 
Heavyweight

BELGIUM WILL GET IT!!

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Soon as we learn to fly, watch out you damn birds we takin the skies!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:13 am 
Heavyweight

Junorz wrote:
No one is talking about this but the biggest sport spectacle in the world is less than 3 months away.

I have always been a big fan of the Selecao eversince. They’re my most favorite team, of all sports, then followed by Jordan’s Chicago Bulls. I know, they got shamed by Germany at their own turf 4 years ago, but the Brazilian team ( CBF) is going to come back with a vengeance. However, Germany remains the toughest team to beat and i wouldn’t count Brazil’s recent friendly win against them as a big factor in the coming event.

Here are my predictions;

- Brazil to win in the finals. If not, Germany or Spain
- Spain, France and Belgium are strong dark horses.
- Messi’s team will struggle in their bracket and Argentina will not reach the semis
- Team Mexico will provide the most exciting challenge for Germany in their bracket. An upset won't surprise me.

Remember these names...
- Coutinho will be an even bigger factor than Neymar for Brazil.
- Isco and Asensio will key Spain’s hot streak
- Muller continues his low key goal winners
- Ronaldo, as usual, won’t make any difference for his team and Portugal will go home early once paired with a mighty European team in the knockout stages

MESSI OUT!

RONALDO OUT!

As predicted, Argentina struggled to qualify in the group stages.

Portugal bowed out in the first knock out stage. Not by a Mighty Euro team though but Uruguay were good enough to do a great job.

The sudden exit of defending champs GERMANY was totally unexpected. Muller was missing throughout the tournament.

So far, Coutinho has proven to be an even bigger factor than Neymar for Brazil. I expect him to shine in the next game.

My top picks, excluding the exit of Germany, FRANCE, BELGIUM, SPAIN and BRAZIL are still in the hunt.

I knew MEXICO were a tough bunch and i predicted it right when they upset GERMANY. I expect to see them giving BRAZIL the same scare in the coming knockout match. But, their luck in 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS finals won’t repeat this time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:26 am 
Heavyweight

punch drunk wrote:
Unbelievable!!!
The WORLD is having a HUGE fiesta with the World Cup!! And there is NOTHING here in this website... LOL..
No wonder the Philippines SUCKS.. in Futbol...
Just NO enthusiasm for the BIGGEST... LARGEST... GREATEST... sport on the planet!!
Absolutely nothing is even close!!!
or even no interest for GREATEST SPORTING EVENT ON THE PLANET!!!

It's down to the last 16 in the world. These best in the world will eventually crown a new champion. The current champion Germany couldn't survive the group stage with losses to Mexico and South Korea and was eliminated. And to think, going into the world cup they were ranked MUCH higher than #2 on the planet Brazil, and was by FAR the highest favored to win the entire tournament AGAIN!!

Good luck to the remaining world's elite on the planet!! May the best team win!!

I was surprised too of the zero interest for the biggest sporting event in the world.

I hope we all stay tune to the coming matches. Just awhile ago, FRANCE-ARGENTINA delivered a classic thriller which was eventually won by LE BLEUS. Mbappe delivered the most crucial goals to secure an important win. I expect to see the same magnificent form to topple URUGUAY.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:41 am 
Heavyweight

punch drunk wrote:
Unbelievable!!!
The WORLD is having a HUGE fiesta with the World Cup!! And there is NOTHING here in this website... LOL..
Just NO enthusiasm for the BIGGEST... LARGEST... GREATEST... sport on the planet!!

It's down to the last 16 in the world. These best in the world will eventually crown a new champion. The current champion Germany couldn't survive the group stage with losses to Mexico and South Korea and was eliminated. And to think, going into the world cup they were ranked MUCH higher than #2 on the planet Brazil, and was by FAR the highest favored to win the entire tournament AGAIN!!

Good luck to the remaining world's elite on the planet!! May the best team win!!

calm down james brown

Soon as we learn to fly, watch out you damn birds we takin the skies!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:41 am 
Heavyweight

joeyj wrote:
Knockout Stage
Bracket

Thanks Mod Joey.

Hopefully, SPAIN, CROATIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, SWITZERLAND and, sorry ENGLAND, COLOMBIA advance to the quarter finals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:03 am 
Heavyweight

Location: Bacoor, Cavite or M.M. PACMAN Believer #160 (PB-0160)
Round of 16

Uruguay 2-1 Portugal

The Lord has shown you what is good.
He has told you what he requires of you.
You must act with justice.
You must love to show mercy.
And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 am 
Middleweight

My favorites to win it - Spain, Brazil, Belgium... I would be happy if Uruguay did it again he he

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:37 am 
Heavyweight

FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 ENTERS ROUND OF 16

By Maloney L. Samaco
PhilBoxing.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2018

Heavyweight

The 2018 FIFA World Cup is the 21st FIFA World Cup, a quadrennial international football tournament played by the men's national teams of the member associations of FIFA. It is now ongoing in Russia which started from June 14 and will end with the final match on July 15, 2018. 

FIFA means Fédération Internationale de Football Association, French for "International Federation of Association Football" is the international governing body of association football, futsal, and beach soccer. FIFA organized football's major international tournaments, the World Cup which started in 1930 and the Women's World Cup which debuted in 1991. 

The 2018 World Cup is the first one to be held in Eastern Europe, and the eleventh of such tournament held in Europe. For the first time the event takes place simultaneously on two continents, Europe and Asia. It is the most expensive World Cup ever at an estimated cost of over $14.2 billion. 

The World Cup final tournament is joined in by 32 national teams, including 31 teams which underwent qualifying competitions and the host team which automatically qualified. Of the 32 teams presently participating, 20 were able to make it back-to-back after the last tournament in 2014, including defending champions Germany, while both Iceland and Panama made their first appearances at a FIFA World Cup. Iceland became the smallest country in terms of population to reach the World Cup. 

A total of 64 matches will be played in the duration of the tournament in 12 venues located in 11 cities. The final game will take be held on July 15 at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow. 

Heavyweight

The defending champions, Germany, were eliminated in the group stage. It was the first time since 1938 that a German team did not advance from the first stage of a World Cup, and the fourth time in the last five World Cups that the defending champions were eliminated in the opening stage after France in 2002, Italy in 2010, and Spain in 2014. 

Other teams which returned after absences of at least three tournaments include: Egypt, who returned after their last World Cup in 1990; Morocco, who last competed in 1998; Peru, returning after 1982; and Senegal, competing for the second time after reaching the quarter-finals in 2002. 

It is the first time three Nordic countries: Denmark, Iceland and Sweden and four Arab nations: Egypt, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Tunisia, have qualified for the World Cup. 

Famous countries that failed to qualify include four-time champions Italy (for the first time since 1958) and three-time runners-up the Netherlands (for the first time since 2002), and four reigning continental champions: 2017 Africa Cup of Nations winners Cameroon, two-time Copa America champions and 2017 Confederations Cup runners-up Chile, 2016 OFC Nations Cup winners New Zealand, and 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup champions United States (for the first time since 1986). The other prominent streaks broken were for Ghana and Ivory Coast, who both failed to qualify after making it to the previous three tournaments. 

The teams which entered the knockout stage or round of 16 are: Uruguay, Portugal, France, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Belgium, Japan, Spain, Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia, and England. 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:25 pm 
Heavyweight

My Prediction:

FINAL:
BRA/FRA - ESP/ENG

my sentimental favorites in the FINAL: Brazil vs ENG
and BRA to Win the World Cup 2018 !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Games Today:

SUNDAY, JULY 1
Match 51: Spain vs. Russia
10 a.m. ET
Moscow

Match 52: Croatia vs. Denmark
2 p.m. ET
Nizhny Novgorod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Junorz wrote:
punch drunk wrote:
Unbelievable!!!

I was surprised too of the zero interest for the biggest sporting event in the world.

I hope we all stay tune to the coming matches. Just awhile ago, FRANCE-ARGENTINA delivered a classic thriller which was eventually won by LE BLEUS. Mbappe delivered the most crucial goals to secure an important win. I expect to see the same magnificent form to topple URUGUAY.

Sadly and unfortunately, most members active in this forum these days talk more about politics than sports... :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Belgium is quit a strong team this world cup. They might win this world cup.

France is doing well but quite a young team. They might crumble once they advance in the later stage of the tournament due to inexperience.

Brazil got Neymar but I'm afraid he might follow Messi and Ronaldo next to the exit.

Spain, well, sucking your manager a day before the tournament is never a good idea.

England :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 pm 
Heavyweight

FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RECORD FOR TOP SPEED WHEN REACHING 33.98 KM/HThis was Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup: He couldn't score in the decisive moments

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next