Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:30 am 
Strawweight

Watch Canelo vs Golovkin Live Stream Fight

Watch LIVE! Canelo vs. GGG 2 final press conference: Wed, Sept 12 at 3pm ET/12pm PT

CLICK TO WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/CanelovsGolovkin2018/

In September 2017, Canelo and GGG met in the ring for the first time across a competitive 12 rounds of action that ended in a split draw. The battle drew a record crowd for an indoor boxing event in Las Vegas, selling out T-Mobile Arena in less than two weeks and bringing legions of fans from Mexico to Kazakhstan and everywhere in between.

Canelo, the 27-year-old native of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, is without a doubt boxing’s biggest star. After capturing two world titles and the lineal championship in the super welterweight division, Canelo moved up to middleweight to capture the WBC, Lineal and Ring Magazine World Titles with a unanimous decision victory against Miguel Cotto in November 2015. Canelo has maintained his status as the lineal champion ever since, and in a historic September 16 showdown with Golovkin last year, he silenced all doubters by facing one of the most avoided fighters in boxing. Canelo was born ready and he promises to defeat Golovkin in exciting fashion to prove that he is the world’s best 160-pounder.

“The truth is that this fight means a lot to me because of all that has happened and all that has been said,” said Canelo Alvarez. “I will prove with my fists that I am the best, and Golovkin will eat all of his words and speculations. I will demonstrate who is the best when I defeat Golovkin soundly on September 15 during Independence Day Weekend, and I’ll make it clear that Mexican boxing is the best.”

Golovkin, the 36-year-old wrecking ball of Karaganda, Kazakhstan, was a dominant amateur standout and Olympic Silver Medalist before turning professional in 2006. Since then, Golovkin has been on an historic trajectory, knocking out one opponent after another to unify and retain several middleweight titles. During this run, Golovkin maintained an unblemished record that included a 23-fight knockout streak, which ended with a unanimous decision victory against Daniel Jacobs in March 2017. After going the distance against Canelo, Golovkin scored a second-round knockout victory against former 154-pound contender Vanes “Nightmare” Martirosyanin May of this year.

Watch Canelo vs Golovkin Live Stream Fight

Sponsor

Sponsor