Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: disappointed with Manny
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:31 pm 
Lightweight

Manny focused, yeah right! What a moronic move in plugging his movie during the final press conference. I'm totally disappointed and embarassed with Manny's lack of professionalism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:52 pm 
Middleweight

I'm disappointed with his cramming but I would still watch his fight. He might pull it off nicely and if he wins, I'd be glad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:04 pm 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
Right....Manny is very focused...on selling his movie lol. What I thought was even weirder was Villoria's speech in which he basically turned his back on the United States...He said he was 100% Filipino, not Hawaiian (American). Even Gary Shaw made fun of him...that was hillarious. Like the world cares where Villoria is from. Anyway, Villoria will be beaten by Ortiz, regardless of where he says he's from lol. Peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:40 pm 
Lightweight

I DON'T THINK SO MY MAN!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:52 pm 
Heavyweight

dbboy wrote:
Manny focused, yeah right! What a moronic move in plugging his movie during the final press conference. I'm totally disappointed and embarassed with Manny's lack of professionalism.

Hehe Manny must be thinking that this fight is a cakewalk... He crammed his training for 4 weeks and he hastily made a movie before training for the fight. Of course Hector V is not Erik M. but it is foolish to count Hector out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:58 pm 
Heavyweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
Right....Manny is very focused...on selling his movie lol. What I thought was even weirder was Villoria's speech in which he basically turned his back on the United States...He said he was 100% Filipino, not Hawaiian (American). Even Gary Shaw made fun of him...that was hillarious. Like the world cares where Villoria is from. Anyway, Villoria will be beaten by Ortiz, regardless of where he says he's from lol. Peace.

Just 2-3 years ago BV always claimed that he is Hawaiian American and ignored any trace of being Filipino or having Filipino roots. Now that MP went mainstream in bigtime boxing, all of a sudden BV starts to strut as being Filipino and will only wear the Fil flag after almost 20 fights in his pro career. It looks like he is riding the MP fame bandwagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:05 pm 
Heavyweight

let's see come fight night how ur Ortiz pulverized by Villoria....he he he!poor Mexican pretender!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:20 pm 
Lightweight

Shark_Attack wrote:

Just 2-3 years ago BV always claimed that he is Hawaiian American and ignored any trace of being Filipino or having Filipino roots. Now that MP went mainstream in bigtime boxing, all of a sudden BV starts to strut as being Filipino and will only wear the Fil flag after almost 20 fights in his pro career. It looks like he is riding the MP fame bandwagon.

bro, i dnt think he ignored his original roots...boss jawo in his article mentioned that every year BV is in the Philippines...the guy just made a clarification that he is a Filipino by blood. btw do u got a link their that BV expressly ignored and said he is a Hawaiian American....just be fair with the kid...let him be what he wants. piz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:25 pm 
Lightweight

h_d_s, maybe no one will give a sh!t about it but that gives the kid a sense of pride and spirit....doesnt it make u feel the same shouting to the world that ur a mexican even if no one cares???? what will count before the sun sets is your ortiz leaving the staples without a belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:08 pm 
Heavyweight

rod_argon wrote:
I DON'T THINK SO MY MAN!

yea, this is a lame thread.... i can't believe this punks... :x :x

let manny do his own thing....and for viloria,why don't you give the man a chance? it's not his fault to be born in hawaii.... of course he is 100% filipino coz both of his parents are...it's just that he's an american citizen...it's even a good thing he knows and values where his roots are from...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:15 pm 
Heavyweight

w@l@Ng1s1p wrote:

h_d_s, maybe no one will give a sh!t about it but that gives the kid a sense of pride and spirit....doesnt it make u feel the same shouting to the world that ur a mexican even if no one cares???? what will count before the sun sets is your ortiz leaving the staples without a belt.

haha...that's a good one bro..this punk writes such baseless assumptions or hallucinations....
the hawaiian punch is gonna pummel the MEXICAN TORTILLA for good....peace :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I hope all the Filipino fighters beat their opponents just to shut you up.....
Come back to this thread after the fight.... PEACE!!! o sh1t..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i wouldn't blame BV if he decided to jump the "pinoy streak", in boxing..! he'd be stupid not to take advantage of that..! i could care less, but i also sense that he's doing it to get a REAL fanbase, just like PAC...

about PAC himself: well, i was already piZZed during his preparations for the fight against EM - actually it all startet before the JMM-fight..!
i understand the excitement of making movies... with all those honeyZ around you... :D we pinoyZ all can imagine what it should be like, kicking back with those chickZ...
but still: PAC is a professional boxer!!! i don't want to insult him, but to be honest: he's not movie-material... he'll end up like van damme (with his trademark split) showing his handspeed in almost EVERY movie and then he'll be forgotten..! it's always like that in pinoy-fliX... the guy plays in about 10 movies with the same character and then he's gone, if his name isn't eddie garcia...

this upcoming fight will be tricky! i don't know if 4 weeks of preparation is enough... heck, doing about 100 sparring roundZ within 4 weeks, plus learning new moves and making weight is a tough task...
i really can't say if PAC is as hungry as he was before the MAB-fight... maybe us hyping him up got to his head???
i'd put it this way (from now on): may the better (prepared) man win!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:38 pm 
Flyweight

Pacland from Vietnam.my Vietmese friends can't wait Sunday to see how MP KO Velaquez.!!!!! Good Luck![/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:46 pm 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
Gary Shaw: "I want all of you to know that I was born in Las Vegas, New Mexico. I grew up in Jersey City, New Jersey, but I am really Filipino."

That was just Hillarious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next