Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:59 am 
Welterweight

Who cares what you guys think of Manny, perhaps manny does. He probably cares about his fans. Weather you're disappointed or not. As long as Manny wins, thats what matter.
If he wants to plug his movie, who cares. That's Manny. All in all if he wins thats all that matter. Stop vitching and be a true fan. There are more topic/issue we can discuss in these forum, than just whining about how dissappointed you are. Anyways quit the vitching and more supportive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:07 am 
Cruiserweight

The.Usual.Suspect wrote:

well then, judging from your logic, you "visayan" should build your own manila..!
spanish a "white" language? LOL... man, go grab a book.. so is visayan/tagalog what..? jungle language? PUHLEAAASE..!
come on, man... you know what i meant... i know we have lots of dialects..!
my opinion (sorry if i may bug a few members): EVERY pinoy should know how to speak TAGALOG!!! how are we supposed to be ONE nation, if we have 20 languages and our people can't even communicate?

I agree with about the language part, everyone learning Tagalog, it's a beautiful language. But you're confusing Tagalog with Filipino, the two are not the same. The majority of Filipinos don't speak Tagalog nor care to learn it especially when they stop school at 8th grade.

Mr. Suspect, have you been to Spain? They look nothing like Filipinos I can tell you that. it makes you wonder just how many Spanish people actually went to PI in the 1600-1900'ss like 400 maybe? Oh yes, they're white, many blond blue eyes over, the dark hairs and dark eyes are from the middle east and north african over centuries. So yes, some Europeans don't consider them white, more mediterranean.

You want Manny to be a fulltime boxer and not act? Whydon't you learn to box move up the ranks and show him how it's done? LOL, it's obvious you're never put on a pair of gloves before. Mabuhay! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:16 am 
Lightweight

Villorias in Narvacan are my cousins. Brian is 100% Ilocano.
:sledgehammer: :sledgehammer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:35 am 
Cruiserweight

bisdak wrote:
RebzNgLA wrote:
Every boxer market themselves differently I guess. Vargas has his own fan following and he has to carry on that image that his fan grasped on. Dela Hoya on the other hand sold out. From a boxing standpoint, I like Vargas before his loss from ODH and Tito. He used to be an excellent body puncher. He was disciplined and stays on the attack mode. I think he just tasted success too soon, bad management. As far as Oscar, he's got some fast hands if only he could stop eating those menudos and get in shape. He lacks stamina but he is very skillful.

Look at JMM a great boxer w/ no marketing plan....now who would you wanna be?

Tiger Woods? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Cmon bisdak, hat about your local boy Phil "Mr. watch me blow away my lead" Mickelson?

If you would ask me i would like Els' swing, Tiger's focus, Phil's short game and Tiger's wife.....:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:36 am 
Heavyweight

STUPID THREAD!! PARANG KAYONG MEDIA PURO NEGATIVE COMMENTS ANG PINOPOST NYO!! KAU SUMISIRA EH ... NUNG NASA PINAS AKO PURO NEGATIVE COMMENTS ANG NARIRNING KO BAGO SA PACQUIAO-MORALES FIGHT.. WALA BANG POSITIVE? NAKAKASAWA ... LET C WHO R THE REAL FILIPINOS HERE ... MAGTAGALOG KAYO!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:43 am 
Middleweight

dbboy wrote:
Manny focused, yeah right! What a moronic move in plugging his movie during the final press conference. I'm totally disappointed and embarassed with Manny's lack of professionalism.

Options open and that was his own prerogative. Let’s respect people’s right to assert or somehow initiate whatever he likes…and perhaps, he was just feeling overly hot in the room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:53 am 

Skillz340 wrote:
STUPID THREAD!! PARANG KAYONG MEDIA PURO NEGATIVE COMMENTS ANG PINOPOST NYO!! KAU SUMISIRA EH ... NUNG NASA PINAS AKO PURO NEGATIVE COMMENTS ANG NARIRNING KO BAGO SA PACQUIAO-MORALES FIGHT.. WALA BANG POSITIVE? NAKAKASAWA ... LET C WHO R THE REAL FILIPINOS HERE ... MAGTAGALOG KAYO!!!

Check the link bro, and I want to here your positive
reviews about Manny. The ball is in your hands...

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?t=22800

Last edited by observer on Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:55 am 
Cruiserweight

Skillz340 wrote:

agree ako sa imo migs, damo man diri sa amerika ga mag hambal negatib sa mga iban nga pilipino. ang mga tao nga taga luzon, pensar nila, kun hindi ka kabalo ma tagalog indi ka pilipino? ati , **** ni sila mga tao e.

pensar some mga tagalog, sila ang tu-tuod nga pilipino, galing sila ang sa minority, ang tu-tuod nga pilipino subong adlaw, ang mga tao sa mindanaw. sila ang mga tao nga waay dugo cachila, ang apilido nila, pilipino pa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:09 am 
Middleweight

Skillz340 wrote:

I agree with you bro! 2-3 months before the fight it's like " All hail Manny Pacquiao", Manny go go, Kill him Manny!" then 2-3 days before the fight" Damned Cramming" Not enough time of prep., Manny can't survive the fight" I mean common you guys let's give the guy, our champion, all the support he deserves regardless of the outcome of this fight. Manny is probably reading our negative comments and this could give him some psychological effect! Peace.
Papano tayo bibigyan ni Manny ng balato...LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:39 am 
Welterweight

pound4pound1 wrote:
bisdak wrote:
heroe_del_silencio wrote:
The.Usual.Suspect wrote:
he really said that? LOL

hellafunny... that's what you get for giving stupid comments..!

if a person wants to be american, german, pinoy, mexican... who CARES???
but NEVER should someone explicitly tell the media, after 20 fights and numerous outcries from the phil. public that you have gone from hawaiian, via filipino-american, to PINOY!!! this ain't the army LOL
BV just shot himself in the foot...

he shouldn't have said that days before his next fight..! he should have said that when the first journalists/writers were approaching him early in his career..!
he almost "highlighted" that he's 100% filipino, but can he speak a straight sentence in tagalog? LOL i don't think so...

BV should get a PR-manager... he's trying so hard he almost looks stupid...

I felt the same way towards De La Hoya and Vargas as they were both trying too hard to get the support of the Mexican boxing fans by saying they were really Mexican fighters. In fact, I believe De La Hoya has dual citizenship...and Vargas was always talking about how he was 100% Mexican, although he was born here in the US and could barely speak Spanish. I didn't like either of them for this reason. I mean, just accept who you are and be happy. If you are born here, you are an American. Simple as that. Peace.

So I'm sure that made you cheer your heart out for Tito when he beat these two fake mexicans huh? :biglaugh:

i was the biggest tito fan on that night he beat the living crap out of vargas...and was an even bigger fan when he made DLH demonstrate his 'track' skills by running like a lil beeyatch for the last half of the fight

Im mexican and I was rooting for Tito because ODLH and Vargas are not true mexican warriors.They don't even fight like mexican boxers that were raised and trained in mexico.Its funny cause even all the mexican people I know were rooting for Tito when he fought both.Im glad ODLH and Varga's careers are over cause I was tired of the fony I'm a true mexican act.****,ODLH showed just how more american he was when he joined the music bess' with that crappy music he song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:47 am 

Hendrix wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
bisdak wrote:
The.Usual.Suspect wrote:
he really said that? LOL

but NEVER should someone explicitly tell the media, after 20 fights and numerous outcries from the phil. public that you have gone from hawaiian, via filipino-american, to PINOY!!! this ain't the army LOL

he shouldn't have said that days before his next fight..! he should have said that when the first journalists/writers were approaching him early in his career..!
he almost "highlighted" that he's 100% filipino, but can he speak a straight sentence in tagalog? LOL i don't think so...

I felt the same way towards De La Hoya and Vargas as they were both trying too hard to get the support of the Mexican boxing fans by saying they were really Mexican fighters. In fact, I believe De La Hoya has dual citizenship...and Vargas was always talking about how he was 100% Mexican, although he was born here in the US and could barely speak Spanish. I didn't like either of them for this reason. I mean, just accept who you are and be happy. If you are born here, you are an American. Simple as that. Peace.

So I'm sure that made you cheer your heart out for Tito when he beat these two fake mexicans huh? :biglaugh:

i was the biggest tito fan on that night he beat the living crap out of vargas...and was an even bigger fan when he made DLH demonstrate his 'track' skills by running like a lil beeyatch for the last half of the fight

Im mexican and I was rooting for Tito because ODLH and Vargas are not true mexican warriors.They don't even fight like mexican boxers that were raised and trained in mexico.Its funny cause even all the mexican people I know were rooting for Tito when he fought both.Im glad ODLH and Varga's careers are over cause I was tired of the fony I'm a true mexican act.

I doubt that you're a true Mexican bro,
your name and your sig should be Santana!
:biglaugh:

(PEACE MAN!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:48 am 
Welterweight

observer wrote:
Hendrix wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
bisdak wrote:
The.Usual.Suspect wrote:
he really said that? LOL

Im mexican and I was rooting for Tito because ODLH and Vargas are not true mexican warriors.They don't even fight like mexican boxers that were raised and trained in mexico.Its funny cause even all the mexican people I know were rooting for Tito when he fought both.Im glad ODLH and Varga's careers are over cause I was tired of the fony I'm a true mexican act.

(PEACE MAN!)

lol,I love Santana also but Hendrix is the man.lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:51 am 

Hendrix wrote:
observer wrote:
Hendrix wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
bisdak wrote:
The.Usual.Suspect wrote:
he really said that? LOL

(PEACE MAN!)

Okay, okay, here, take my peace offering bro!

Image Image

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:00 am 
Heavyweight

observer wrote:
Hendrix wrote:
observer wrote:
Hendrix wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
bisdak wrote:
The.Usual.Suspect wrote:
he really said that? LOL

(PEACE MAN!)

Image Image

i already rolled up my dollar....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:04 am 

pound4pound1 wrote:
observer wrote:
Hendrix wrote:
observer wrote:
Hendrix wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
bisdak wrote:
The.Usual.Suspect wrote:
he really said that? LOL

(PEACE MAN!)

Image Image

i already rolled up my dollar....

It's OK for me to use it,
my personal doctor gave me a prescription...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next