Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:10 am 
Heavyweight

stamina was good, not only was Velasquez tiring, but Manny looked like he was building more stamina enough to keep going

the footwork and constant movement on his toes was real good improvement from the EM fight, but not as light as when he fought MAB because the heavier 130 weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:13 am 
Light Heavyweight

Lakeshow9 wrote:
stamina was good, not only was Velasquez tiring, but Manny looked like he was building more stamina enough to keep going

the footwork and constant movement on his toes was real good improvement from the EM fight, but not as light as when he fought MAB because the heavier 130 weight.

You're right about the foot movement. I liked that he was dancing around again. Looked like the old Pac.

-F

Post subject: yup I agree
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:16 am 
Lightweight

sana nga balik si manny sa 126...pero sa performance nya kanina pwede narin yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:23 am 
Heavyweight

I noticed that he was using his right more in the fight and that he was using his footwork too but I noticed that he wasn't bobbing ang weaving at all like he used to do, maybe that's why he was getting hit by Velasquez as well.

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:29 am 
Heavyweight

well...i saw alot of interesting things in that fight...the defense was in its usual SLOPPY form ALTHOUGH it was quite surprising to see PAC actually throwing COUNTER COMBOS...it was nice to also see LATERAL movement...he started off slow but gained steam and it ended up becoming target practice...THAT is how he should dispose of a ten loss tune-up...

the thing that got us truly hyped was how PAC used his right hook to stagger velasquez...it should give PAC more confidence to throw that right hand...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

pound4pound1 wrote:
well...i saw alot of interesting things in that fight...the defense was in its usual SLOPPY form ALTHOUGH it was quite surprising to see PAC actually throwing COUNTER COMBOS...it was nice to also see LATERAL movement...he started off slow but gained steam and it ended up becoming target practice...THAT is how he should dispose of a ten loss tune-up...

the thing that got us truly hyped was how PAC used his right hook to stagger velasquez...it should give PAC more confidence to throw that right hand...

Yeah, the counters surprised me as well. Maybe it was because Velazquez was so slow, that he could actually see them and plan for the counter. Those rights were being used as leads, as well. That was surprising, too. The nice thing about his right hook is that it is fairly controlled. If you looked at the hook that staggered HV, Manny timed it as he was coming in. You're right about the sloppy defense, though.

-F

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:41 am 
Flyweight

rexx wrote:
Congrats to Pac but I think he should go back to 126.......pls Manny :

Velasquez= :fight:

Sadly that's where the money..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:16 am 
Heavyweight

withanf wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

Yeah, the counters surprised me as well. Maybe it was because Velazquez was so slow, that he could actually see them and plan for the counter. Those rights were being used as leads, as well. That was surprising, too. The nice thing about his right hook is that it is fairly controlled. If you looked at the hook that staggered HV, Manny timed it as he was coming in. You're right about the sloppy defense, though.

-F

yea bro...i was very happy to see PAC incorporate hooks to the body, uppercuts and different angles in that fight...lets not get too carried away since it was HV but there were some nice things goin on in his attack...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:20 am 
Heavyweight

pound4pound1 wrote:
withanf wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

-F

yea bro...i was very happy to see PAC incorporate hooks to the body, uppercuts and different angles in that fight...lets not get too carried away since it was HV but there were some nice things goin on in his attack...

you are right pound. i will reserve my judgement after Pac beat tall and bigger Morales. i would like to see if Pac will be able to neutralize Morales stiff jabs.

Geico.com even a Pac NUTHUGGER can do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:30 am 
Welterweight

There were a good mix of different shots from Manny. I saw him try a couple of right uppercuts which also landed at times. Right hooks were also visible this time but i think he needs more refinement when launching his right jabs. He has basically the same stance when executing right jab-jab left straight combo.
I wish they could work more on hitting them at different angles. But cant complain here, a win is a win, no matter how you look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:34 am 
Heavyweight

its hard to fulfill all the wishes fellow paclanders

pac's fighting style during this fight, is grab the oppurtunity, when oppurtunity is upon you.

pac attacked a slow but durable velasquez

punch accumulation is needed to break and destroy Velasquez

and that is the oppurtunity that is very visible and available for PAC

an impressive win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:56 am 
Welterweight

what happened to Manny's HEADMOVEMENT?. I didn't find it! Was that style more suitable against Barrera?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:13 am 
Heavyweight

welcom to clyde...

uppercut...i like that uppercut

maybe they notice it too, that everytime MP throws that left bomb he got countered so he used more of that right hand...good sign! headmovement? hmm, i guess he was confident he can take Velasquez' punch..bad sign. balance was not so good...

i guess they were right in saying Velasquez was tailor made for MP. slow and will slug it out...toe to toe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:17 am 
Heavyweight

manny wins thats all that matters to me! hehehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:17 am 

HIS RIGHT UPPER CUT!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next