Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Iring-banbanon wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
here's my list:

1.pac looked comfortable on his weight right now, he really looked like a natrural superfeatherweight in that fight unlike last march he looked bloated...

2.he throws more right hooks and uppercuts and not always his usual right right jab and straight left which is very predictable though thats his most lethal combo

3.he has regain his speed after moving up in weight

4.his punching power is back coz after moving up many doubted he would carry his power with him

5.he is more patient now, the bara-bara style is gone

6.he has learned to adapt his opponent's style but still not enough to beat morales... he has to double his work in this dept.

7.he promised to cut down on booze

8.he promised to limit his gambling activities

9.he doesn't need an interpreter anymore when interviewed...hheehehhe

He appeared more comfortable but as Jim Lamply said, he still doesn't look a natural superfeatherweight.

He's no longer sporting his brother's body like he what did in his fight last March. He simply bring back his old image, not the one of his brother...

i agree... but i think it was way better than the morales fight......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:34 pm 
Flyweight

Guys,

I agree with all your observations, but I don't know if you will agree on my opinion. During our inuman sessions, some oldies here in our barangay say Manny can't beat Morales, simple because he does not have the boxing skills of EM. But for me the way Manny fought Hector was the right thing to do, "wag mong tantanan ang kalaban". I am more worried when Manny pace himself and do more boxing than rampaging his opponents with solid punches. I always believe Manny's defense is his offense.

:box:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:41 pm 
Heavyweight

I think he improved his right hand punch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:53 pm 
Welterweight

i agree also on you guys...he improves a lot..the right really done some damage on hv...but i really loves to see his 1st round power..his 1st round aggresiveness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:17 pm 
Heavyweight

he put some new arsenals now & use his right more often,this is good to make his next opponent confuse,he has to improved his defense though esp against EM on the rematch....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:11 pm 
Heavyweight

I believe the entire boxing world noticed that Pacquiao has a the right cross/hook added to his arsenal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:41 pm 
Heavyweight

BCngDC wrote:
I believe the entire boxing world noticed that Pacquiao has a the right cross/hook added to his arsenal.

the funny thing is he always had ko power with his right, he ktfo rakkietgym with it. im curious as to why he abandoned it.

Post subject: Re: Nothing substantial
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:09 pm 
Heavyweight

malem50 wrote:
There's no substantial change in Manny's style or technique. The only noticeable change is Manny starting off the block a tad slow. He's kind of like "feeling" off his opponent first. In doing so, he got licked a number of times. That means his defense is still questionable.

Also, if you hadn't notice Manny was breathing from his mouth early on. Take a close look of that faithful 6th round; he throws his lethal punch with his mouth open as if gasping for air. Very unlikely of him. As before, he was gritting his teeth every time he throws his bombs away. But not last night. This only goes to show that he was not in tip top condition.

Let us hope that he will report on time when he starts his training for Morales rematch.

By the way, him, Freddie and Gary have already mopped up a plan for his
training.

maybe he had his mouth open while throwing those lethal punches because he threw like 26 punches or less in that exchange with hector...any boxer who will throw that volume of punches consecutively will surely grasp for air.... but of course, it's a fact that he was really far from tip-top condition....no question bout that..... well, just an observation.......