Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:52 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
punch wrote:
THE BEST QUOTE EVER....

"I'M STILL THE KING OF THE RING, YOU KNOW" -by PACQUIAO

I watched the fight but I didn't recall hearing him say this....when did he say this? was it during the post-fight interview?

Pre this was after the fight when he was interviewed by Mario Lopez was his name I think...

oh so this was during the post fight conference then? cause I only saw his interview with Larry Merchant after the fight :)

this was right after the fight.. people in the states had Larry Merchant commentating on the fight.. We have different commentators here, Rich Marotta, Mario Lopez and I forgot the other dudes name.... I think they work for TopRank.. Pac was interviewed by Larry and this guy Mario Lopez right after the fight... We didnt get to see Larry interviewing Pac, we saw Mario doing the interview.. Pac greatly improved on his English.. didnt even need a translator.. He also kept saying absolutely... Hehe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:41 am 
Heavyweight

nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
punch wrote:
THE BEST QUOTE EVER....

I watched the fight but I didn't recall hearing him say this....when did he say this? was it during the post-fight interview?

Pre this was after the fight when he was interviewed by Mario Lopez was his name I think...

oh so this was during the post fight conference then? cause I only saw his interview with Larry Merchant after the fight :)

this was right after the fight.. people in the states had Larry Merchant commentating on the fight.. We have different commentators here, Rich Marotta, Mario Lopez and I forgot the other dudes name.... I think they work for TopRank.. Pac was interviewed by Larry and this guy Mario Lopez right after the fight... We didnt get to see Larry interviewing Pac, we saw Mario doing the interview.. Pac greatly improved on his English.. didnt even need a translator.. He also kept saying absolutely... Hehe...

hey bro Nightflame, you in Manila right? do you know any links where I could check it out :)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
punch wrote:
THE BEST QUOTE EVER....

hey bro Nightflame, you in Manila right? do you know any links where I could check it out :)

Sorry dude, unfortunately I dont have any links... You can ask some other members for it... Im pretty sure some of them had it recorded..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:19 am 
Welterweight

nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
nightflame wrote:
fil79 wrote:
punch wrote:
THE BEST QUOTE EVER....

Sorry dude, unfortunately I dont have any links... You can ask some other members for it... Im pretty sure some of them had it recorded..

BRO, here's a link of a news report where Manny was quoted of saying "I'm the king of the ring..." or something to that effect. Though this report was written by our good friend Ronnie Nathanielsz. heheh.

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=sports03_sept12_2005

details below:

Manny’s rematch with Erik on

After his sixth-round knockout victory over Hector Velazquez, Manny Pacquiao said he wants Erik “El Terrible” Morales badly. And despite the Mexican’s stunning loss to Zahir Raheem, the Filipino southpaw will get his wish.

Pacquiao said he was very focused on the fight against Velazquez and is similarly very focused on the rematch with Morales.

The Filipino ring gladiator claimed he is still “King of the Ring and a champion” and wants to avenge his loss to Morales in their epic encounter in Las Vegas last March 19.

Bob Arum of Top Rank, who was shocked by the defeat of Morales, who is his last big name boxer, announced that the Jan. 12 rematch will push through.

Although no site has been picked, it is being billed as an HBO pay-per-view megabuck event.

When Morales was asked why he isn’t going after a rematch with Raheem, who scored a lopsided 12-round decision, Morales said: “Pacquiao says he wants to take my head off. Let’s see if he can do it.”

Raheem also indicated he wants to join the 130-pound fray along with Morales, Pacquiao and Marco Antonio Barrera, but will first meet with Top Rank officials to plan his future.

After Brian Viloria scored a sensational first-round KO victory of World Boxing Council light flyweight champion Eric Ortiz, Arum said he would keep his promise made some weeks ago in an interview with Viva Sports that he would line up some big bouts for the Fil-Hawaiian against Ivan Calderon, the International Boxing Federation champion or the winner of the flyweight rematch between Jorge Arce and Hussein Hussein.

“I prepared very correctly for Ortiz and came down in weight the right way by watching his diet and his work in the gym,” said Viloria. “I was fighting demons every night in the gym, thinking about how Ruben Contreras was coping with his injury. Thank God he recovered. It’s really inspirational.”

Contreras was stopped by Viloria and had to undergo brain surgery but made a miraculous recovery and was at special ringside with his wife as guests of Viloria who dedicated the fight to Contreras who will never fight again. Ronnie Nathanielsz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

gd quotes wld like them to have these after every fight - wld make interesting reading.