Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:38 am 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
from the start, even before the fight....it's pretty obvious HV would never beat PAcman, he is a fluke,overmatched and was too slow for pacman...hector is not even a contender, he just pretending to be, it's all part of media hype so the fight will sell.... lastly, hector velasquez is a fighter they call a "JOURNEYMAN"... look at his record, no legitimate fights,no big names,some were rookies...
HV is the type of fighter that would fight anyone, he doesn't care if he gets recognition or if he's figthing a champ, as long he gets paid..he'll fight.....
HV figthing pac was the biggest fight of his long career......

i beg to disagree.

journeymen, are cab drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:37 am 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
Accartant...I'll address you when you can post more than 3 sentences in a row without post padding.

As for Jess, say whatever you want. Its obvious you are still pissed from that tongue lashing I gave you 4 months ago. Get a life...oh, and you calling me a jester? You the one with that Jamaican hat and a samurai haircut. Marley would roll in his grave if he saw you

Like I said, you guys can focus on Pacquiao all you want. I just wanted to point out to you all that Hector quit. he took a knee after a flurry but not from a vicious knockdown. Again, I'm not disputing that pacquiao's punches didn't hurt. he took the knee to stop the barrage, plain simple.

There are a couple of posts on other boards that thought the ref called the fight too soon. Regardless of being sent to the hospital, if you're standing and not wobbling, I see no reason to call the fight without touching gloves and asking if he wanted to continue. It is retarded to call the fight because of the possibility that a person will be sent to the hospital if he is able to continue. Based on all your logic, you might as well call the fight after 1 single knockdown. I know the job of the ref is to protect the fighter, but at least do your job properly by asking him questions and testing his arms strength. The ref did neither and called the fight off right away.

And the worst argument that I've heard is that Hector doesn't understand english. That's baloney. All mexicans can understand the words yes and no. They pull that "Say habla espnanol" crap here in the US and they fully can comprehend the words yes and no.

If you guys want to call me names because you disagree. Fine, go ahead and do that too. It just shows the maturity level of you guys and it shows why everyone hates Pacquiao fans more than any other groups of fans.

"As for Jess, say whatever you want"

OKAY.. You're a Faggot... A$$licker.. Thumbsucker.. Crybaby.. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

"I just wanted to point out to you all that Hector quit"
Then why are you trying to point that there's "conspiracy" beyond PAC's victory?? Are you part of it? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

"I know the job of the ref"
How I wish you were the ref that fight night and it will send me Laughing my Fat A$$ if PAC gave you "accidental" but intentional Left Straight.. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

"It just shows the maturity level "

Yeah right.. and it shows how immature you are looking right now trying to discredit PAC's victory.. And it shows how immature SOME of us looking like a Kid celebrating his 7th B-Day party when PAC went Victorious... :celebrate:

"habla espnanol?"

Wanna try some Filipino espasol?? :diablo:

Missed you so m uch baby Doby.. Hope you'll reply in this post of mine.. I feel so happy everytime I know I pissed you off.. :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:42 am 
Heavyweight

taurused wrote:
there's one way to find out how Velasquez felt in 6th round. One right hook, one left hook from Manny..anybody? wonna try? panalo na nga pagdududahan pa. pasuntok kayo kay manny para malaman niyo.

I agree padi Ed.. Kahit yung kamao mo na lang padi... Ewan ko lang kung may masabi pa yang mga yan...

Oooppsss.. sorry mods.. I posted some Tagalog... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:47 am 
Heavyweight

acCARtant wrote:
taurused, maybe Dobyzhee would like to try PACMAN's punch? hehehe by the way, guys, paano ba magqoute? yung parang may box na transparent....hehehe help me please....

Just click "quote" sa message nung poster na gusto mong i-quote.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
thanks pareng jess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Like I said, you guys can focus on Pacquiao all you want. I just wanted to point out to you all that Hector quit. he took a knee after a flurry but not from a vicious knockdown. Again, I'm not disputing that pacquiao's punches didn't hurt. he took the knee to stop the barrage, plain simple.
.No, he did not take a knee. He went down on a delayed reaction from a hard left in the right temple. He got whacked a few times before that. I counted 14 hard ones after that right hook ( conservatively )Was it possible he was already DIZZY before he got tagged with that left again?

There are a couple of posts on other boards that thought the ref called the fight too soon. Regardless of being sent to the hospital, if you're standing and not wobbling, I see no reason to call the fight without touching gloves and asking if he wanted to continue. It is retarded to call the fight because of the possibility that a person will be sent to the hospital if he is able to continue. Based on all your logic, you might as well call the fight after 1 single knockdown. I know the job of the ref is to protect the fighter, but at least do your job properly by asking him questions and testing his arms strength. The ref did neither and called the fight off right away.
Moot point. HV and his corner did not protest the stoppage.

And the worst argument that I've heard is that Hector doesn't understand english. That's baloney. All mexicans can understand the words yes and no. They pull that "Say habla espnanol" crap here in the US and they fully can comprehend the words yes and no.

If you guys want to call me names because you disagree. Fine, go ahead and do that too. It just shows the maturity level of you guys and it shows why everyone hates Pacquiao fans more than any other groups of fans.
I think to even imply the Mexican mafia was involved in this fight is soooo
laughable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:47 am 
Cruiserweight

"I think to even imply the Mexican mafia was involved in this fight is soooo
laughable."

No sh*t dog, I actually threw that bone in there to see all the reactions from all of you.
Everyone knows the mexican mafia is in the narcotics and human smuggling business. I don't think they have connections in organized gambling syndicates to throw a fight. They make their money in other places than trying to make an extra buck or 2 from sports gambling. Its funny cause people are talking about Morales throwin' the fight because of the mexican mafia. He'd bring more shame to his country if he pulled that stunt. too much at stake on his part to take a bribe. Now, if la emme held his family hostage, he might do it, but I doubt it.

For the people who are too dense to understand, I still stand by my opinion that Hector quit (mainly because of Pacquaio) AND the ref still stopped the fight too soon IMO. Now how in the hell is this complaining about Pacquiao's win? Either way, it gets credited as a KO win for Pacquiao and another victory. In the end, KO round 6 is what people will remember this fight by. Not by the ref calling it too soon or Hector taking a knee unwillingly or on purpose. Never in any of my posts did that have anything to do with not crediting Pacman for the win.

The throwing the match theories were bogus to begin with on my part. I made that comment in the last sentence in the original thread. READ MORE CAREFULLY GUYS "Well that's my unfound accusation of the day". We discussed the mexican mafia, refs taking a cut of the profits etc. Jue freakin' tang for crying out loud. All of your useless posts (blow by blow accounts cannot explain why Hector went down unless we hear it from the horse's mouth) All this could have been avoided if you took the time to go along with the running joke. Only Bisdak was able to take a joke and run with it.

Oh well, It was fun arguing with you all about whether Hector quit or was he KO'd. I'll see you guys in the "Pacquiao won't KD Morales II" later...

Jess..I missed you too buddy. How are your wife and my kid doing?[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:17 am 
Heavyweight

check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.

Here's your original post.
It's more incoherent than a drunk driver with .40 alchohol level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:47 am 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
"I think to even imply the Mexican mafia was involved in this fight is soooo
laughable."

No sh*t dog, I actually threw that bone in there to see all the reactions from all of you.
Everyone knows the mexican mafia is in the narcotics and human smuggling business. I don't think they have connections in organized gambling syndicates to throw a fight. They make their money in other places than trying to make an extra buck or 2 from sports gambling. Its funny cause people are talking about Morales throwin' the fight because of the mexican mafia. He'd bring more shame to his country if he pulled that stunt. too much at stake on his part to take a bribe. Now, if la emme held his family hostage, he might do it, but I doubt it.

For the people who are too dense to understand, I still stand by my opinion that Hector quit (mainly because of Pacquaio) AND the ref still stopped the fight too soon IMO. Now how in the hell is this complaining about Pacquiao's win? Either way, it gets credited as a KO win for Pacquiao and another victory. In the end, KO round 6 is what people will remember this fight by. Not by the ref calling it too soon or Hector taking a knee unwillingly or on purpose. Never in any of my posts did that have anything to do with not crediting Pacman for the win.

The throwing the match theories were bogus to begin with on my part. I made that comment in the last sentence in the original thread. READ MORE CAREFULLY GUYS "Well that's my unfound accusation of the day". We discussed the mexican mafia, refs taking a cut of the profits etc. Jue freakin' tang for crying out loud. All of your useless posts (blow by blow accounts cannot explain why Hector went down unless we hear it from the horse's mouth) All this could have been avoided if you took the time to go along with the running joke. Only Bisdak was able to take a joke and run with it.

Oh well, It was fun arguing with you all about whether Hector quit or was he KO'd. I'll see you guys in the "Pacquiao won't KD Morales II" later...

Jess..I missed you too buddy. How are your wife and my kid doing?[/img]

My wife's doin' fine.. I don't know about your kid.. Maybe smoking some weed and is hallucinating all the time.. Just like you.. :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
:diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:52 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.

Here's your original post.
It's more incoherent than a drunk driver with .40 alchohol level.

Just try to understand him bro Joey...

That guy just need some attention...

What do you call that sickness again?

:diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:56 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
.No, he did not take a knee. He went down on a delayed reaction from a hard left in the right temple. He got whacked a few times before that. I counted 14 hard ones after that right hook ( conservatively )Was it possible he was already DIZZY before he got tagged with that left again?

Moot point. HV and his corner did not protest the stoppage.

I think to even imply the Mexican mafia was involved in this fight is soooo
laughable.

is there even a mexican mafia? i thought only the italians had mafias... the japanese have their own version but they were called yakuza's. the pinoys have their own version of the yakusas which is the TAKUSAs

:biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:14 am 
Heavyweight

What do you call that sickness again?

I think it's called KSP.
Kulang Sa Pitoy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:30 am 
Heavyweight

Hey, guys! No opinion is wrong.

If somebody sees it as intentional kneeling by Hector, lets respect that because that how they saw it. Just like Joe Cortez who called Manny's cut was caused by a punch when it was not.

But i'll side with the majority who saw it as a legitimate knockdown caused by a barrage of punches. This is the first time i saw an intentional kneeling by trying to hold an opponent's leg to prevent falling to the canvass.

LOL.

-------
Have fun, guys!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8