Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:31 am 
Cruiserweight

check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:37 am 
Middleweight

velasquez has a face and demeanor that shows disdain and uncaring even if a truck runs over him. he was hurt and could not go on. those zinging shots by manny even if not flush after your head gets knocked around, those are telling shots.

ika-nga kapag nahilo ka sa suntok o anuman, kahit na mabatukan ka tutumba ka.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:38 am 

[quote="DobyZhee"]check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.[/quote]

Unfounded indeed! :biglaugh:

From Velasquez himself, he knew that Mp had speed, what he didn't expect was their was was also power behind those punches and they never diminished during the fight. And they came in flurries. The sheer volume of punches with power was just too much.

And that's the reason why Hector decided not to continue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:46 am 

DobyZhee wrote:
I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, that's my unfound accusation of the day.

I knew it! Morales was paid to lose also....to make things more intriguing for the rematch. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:46 am 
Heavyweight

my take on this...

i honestly think it was not yet time to be stopped... from VELASQUEZ' looks, he can still carry on and survive the round... HOWEVER

it is also my opinion that IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF TIME... so oks lang.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.

cmon, dude, the guy is just stunned, he didnt expect pac to be that poweful, he expected the speed, but not power.

he got that kind of stare, coz he's about to cry. ok

he did not throw the fight.

here is my take why he did not throw:

1) more future , better pay days if he beat pac
2) its his goal to be recognized more.

good enuff 4 u?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

I think another round of that sort of punishment could end in serious injuries and eventually hitting the hospital.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:02 am 
Heavyweight

i was actually suprised it was stopped right away,though i know it will happen sooner, HV seem to have more. anyway, i wasnt the one who got nailed by those hard punches... im not blaming him for not questioning the refs decision.

it just seem puzzlin how the fights turns out...Manny winning big via KO and HV admitting he was suprised how strong MPs punches really are and EM got schooled by Raheem, not to take anything away from Zahir i think the man is underrated, but its all perfectly tailored for an EM win in the rematch. hope im wrong. 8)

but still, i cant wait for the rematch. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:04 am 
Bantamweight

the reason the ref stopped the fight was because he asked velasques if he wanted to continue, and by the epression on the fighter's face and and him not nodding meant that he doesn't want to continue.

the experession on velasques face looked to me as if he's saying " i blew my big chance ". And when Pac was hugging him after the fight because he was thankful that he did not permanently damaged him, Velasques looked like he was about to cry.

The slight hint that Velasques threw the fight is so absurd that it could only mean that this original post came from a sore looser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:10 am 

Recah mention about a "time bomb" in the mid section that did the damage , anybody noticed it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:17 am 
Cruiserweight

good responses everyone. Yeah, maybe i'm being too bloodthirsty.

Ironwood, I agree with your assessment. The ref was only delaying the inevitable, but still, I thought Hector should have continued. The ref basically asked him a question, he looked fine (and sure serious damage could have been done had he been allowed to continue) but the fact that Hector did not dispute the refs decision made me believe that he quit. No ifs ands or buts...he quit.

Morales throwing the fight? I know you are being sarcastic muy thai, but he lost fair and square. It was nice to see Morales get a taste of his own medicine. He used the same tactic against Paquiao that Raheem used on him.

I can't prove that Hector threw the fight but this was based on his response. I can understand getting your *** kicked and quitting etc. but I jsut find it weird that the flurry that put him out that maybe 1 or 2 punches landed flush. Still, I'm guessin' all the punches Paquiao threw still hurt and it was a delayed response.

Putiman's quote "And that's the reason why Hector decided not to continue" that's the same as quitting right?

RBM115's response

good enuff 4 u?

umm no, but we can agree to disagree.. this will probably be Velasquez's biggest paycheck. He's done. Its his goal to be recognized more...as pacman's human punching bag on September 10th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:21 am 
Light Heavyweight

Velasquez silently said "I surrender". From the very start he knows he is just an appetizer for the MP-EM rematch. So what's the point of fighting further when he already knelt down and worshipped Pac's legs? He did put some effort but that's all he got. In fairness, he hurt the defenseless Pacquiao in rounds 1 and 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:46 am 

DobyZhee wrote:
good responses everyone. Yeah, maybe i'm being too bloodthirsty.

Ironwood, I agree with your assessment. The ref was only delaying the inevitable, but still, I thought Hector should have continued. The ref basically asked him a question, he looked fine (and sure serious damage could have been done had he been allowed to continue) but the fact that Hector did not dispute the refs decision made me believe that he quit. No ifs ands or buts...he quit.

Morales throwing the fight? I know you are being sarcastic muy thai, but he lost fair and square. It was nice to see Morales get a taste of his own medicine. He used the same tactic against Paquiao that Raheem used on him.

I can't prove that Hector threw the fight but this was based on his response. I can understand getting your *** kicked and quitting etc. but I jsut find it weird that the flurry that put him out that maybe 1 or 2 punches landed flush. Still, I'm guessin' all the punches Paquiao threw still hurt and it was a delayed response.

Putiman's quote "And that's the reason why Hector decided not to continue" that's the same as quitting right?

RBM115's response

good enuff 4 u?

umm no, but we can agree to disagree.. this will probably be Velasquez's biggest paycheck. He's done. Its his goal to be recognized more...as pacman's human punching bag on September 10th.

What a recognition! :banghead:

I wanted Hector to continue too bro but with the way the fight was goin, it would have ended just the same within a few rounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

Velasquez knew and even confirmed it during the post fight conference that Pac has the speed and power.

Velasquez himself and his corner "may" had an agreement on a situation like that and they let Hector take the call to quit or not. Noticed when he's on his knee, he looked at his corner as if the gesture was to confirm something. However, he was hurt and I don't take he doesn't want more punishment in the next rounds.

Yeah, Hector may have thrown the fight early avoiding more punishment. He's a quitter and not a warrior so to speak.

Fore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:07 pm 
Middleweight

....I think velasquez really quit.he was frustrated he can't hit manny that when manny send him to the ropes in rd. 6 he decided to kneel down although it was clear that he was'nt hit by a hard shot.initially i thought the ref stopped the fight too early but upon watching the fight in the replay, i found out that he surrendered wisely to avoid himself from being punished in the next rounds...from round 5 it was clear that it poor velasquez would be lucky if he survived for a couple of rounds more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next