Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:47 am 
Light Heavyweight

It looked as if HV was really disappointed, losing that way in front of his countrymen... he blew his chance and became another victim of Paaaaaacccquiiiiaaaoooooo!! Boy was Manny fast! Good thing the ref stopped it, HV would've gotten more hurt... makes me wonder why that ****** Joe Cortez (ref in the last fight of Manny) let the fight go on with such an ugly cut on Manny's head? Manny could have gotten hurt real bad, but still fought it out till the end with one eye able to see clearly and staying up on his feet..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:03 pm 
Featherweight

Hector Velasquez felt the body punches of Pacquiao and he can't take to much flurry of solid blows in different parts of his body.Maybe in Velasquez's part he underestimated Pacman's punching power that's why he loss to the southpaw.And Velasquez got too dizzy because of the hands speed of Pacman, that's why he decided to quit!Bit by bit he was dissected by Pacman.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:19 pm 
Welterweight

and how can he answer back, he can't comprehend in English. Let's keep it simple guys. That's the best answer.
But still I was a little hung, no blood came down his face. Yap heard that left hook on the breadbasket. I was 10000 miles away and heard it. I mean that punch stopped HV on his tracks. Imagine getting hit by a Meralco post squarely on the base of your sternum. BOOOOM! I say that punch was heard around the world. HOOOOWEEE!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:21 pm 
Middleweight

DobyZhee wrote:
check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.

Haaayyyy....pag talo...bibirahin ka ng kritisismo.
pag nanalo...ganun pa rin.

Haaaayyyy....NO SATISFACTION. I think you should be in politics...or an activist maybe.

:box:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:30 pm 
Featherweight

Whether HV had to quit or not, it was very apparent that he will be beaten black and blue in the succeeding rounds. He has had enough of Pacman's punishment.

There was no other choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:38 pm 
Heavyweight

there's one way to find out how Velasquez felt in 6th round. One right hook, one left hook from Manny..anybody? wonna try? panalo na nga pagdududahan pa. pasuntok kayo kay manny para malaman niyo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:12 pm 
Bantamweight

taurused wrote:
there's one way to find out how Velasquez felt in 6th round. One right hook, one left hook from Manny..anybody? wonna try? panalo na nga pagdududahan pa. pasuntok kayo kay manny para malaman niyo.

i wont even think about it... just look at velazquez face after he tasted pacs power shots... sa mga nag-aalangan take taurused advised, then just let me know i can donate some $$ for your hospitalization :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:32 pm 
Heavyweight

velasquez had recieved too much suffering, its obvious he didn't want to get hurt anymore by pac's power, in the earlier rounds he was taunting pacman to get it on, but pac backed off, i think that's what made him win, dissect his opponent first and go for the kill in the middle rounds..
i think the ref looked at hector in the eye and he saw that velasquez was in lala land, hector did not show any emotion that he still wanna go on, that's why the ref stopped it, he didn't react frustated that he still wants to go on with the fight... though i think it would be a more dramatic finish if the ref didn't stop it early....so manny can practice some more rounds....hhehheheh :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:39 pm 
Heavyweight

from the start, even before the fight....it's pretty obvious HV would never beat PAcman, he is a fluke,overmatched and was too slow for pacman...hector is not even a contender, he just pretending to be, it's all part of media hype so the fight will sell.... lastly, hector velasquez is a fighter they call a "JOURNEYMAN"... look at his record, no legitimate fights,no big names,some were rookies...
HV is the type of fighter that would fight anyone, he doesn't care if he gets recognition or if he's figthing a champ, as long he gets paid..he'll fight.....
HV figthing pac was the biggest fight of his long career......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

taurused, maybe Dobyzhee would like to try PACMAN's punch? hehehe by the way, guys, paano ba magqoute? yung parang may box na transparent....hehehe help me please....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:26 pm 
Featherweight

There was a bruise on his left eyebrow, if you haven't noticed. It appeared after that last barrage of punches were thrown at him or was a result of the first right hook that stunned him. Without a popped eyebrow his chances are already slim. What more if blood flowed down his eye? I think he lacks the heart of champion on one hand and is quite honest on the other for admitting defeat. But I have not one little drop of admiration for him and his fellow Mexicans for using dirty tactics in the ring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:13 pm 
Middleweight

Panatiko wrote:
There was a bruise on his left eyebrow, if you haven't noticed. It appeared after that last barrage of punches were thrown at him or was a result of the first right hook that stunned him. Without a popped eyebrow his chances are already slim. What more if blood flowed down his eye? I think he lacks the heart of champion on one hand and is quite honest on the other for admitting defeat. But I have not one little drop of admiration for him and his fellow Mexicans for using dirty tactics in the ring.

Yeah, i'd seen that. I thought it was cut because Manny hit him so bad.
"But I have not one little drop of admiration for him and his fellow Mexicans for using dirty tactics in the ring" Me too, I definitely agree.

They cannot accept the fact that Manny have beaten Velazquez that easy. Hector have to quit the fight because he cannot stand any more punishment from Manny. (all the hype that they said about Velazquez was nothing - heavy puncher ah!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:18 pm 
Welterweight

velazquez was clearly hurt, he cant handle the power of pacman, he didnt quit because he got paid, his record show, he`s been thru a lot of fights, manny just got too much power, the look in velasquez`s face was pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

Accartant...I'll address you when you can post more than 3 sentences in a row without post padding.

As for Jess, say whatever you want. Its obvious you are still pissed from that tongue lashing I gave you 4 months ago. Get a life...oh, and you calling me a jester? You the one with that Jamaican hat and a samurai haircut. Marley would roll in his grave if he saw you

Like I said, you guys can focus on Pacquiao all you want. I just wanted to point out to you all that Hector quit. he took a knee after a flurry but not from a vicious knockdown. Again, I'm not disputing that pacquiao's punches didn't hurt. he took the knee to stop the barrage, plain simple.

There are a couple of posts on other boards that thought the ref called the fight too soon. Regardless of being sent to the hospital, if you're standing and not wobbling, I see no reason to call the fight without touching gloves and asking if he wanted to continue. It is retarded to call the fight because of the possibility that a person will be sent to the hospital if he is able to continue. Based on all your logic, you might as well call the fight after 1 single knockdown. I know the job of the ref is to protect the fighter, but at least do your job properly by asking him questions and testing his arms strength. The ref did neither and called the fight off right away.

And the worst argument that I've heard is that Hector doesn't understand english. That's baloney. All mexicans can understand the words yes and no. They pull that "Say habla espnanol" crap here in the US and they fully can comprehend the words yes and no.

If you guys want to call me names because you disagree. Fine, go ahead and do that too. It just shows the maturity level of you guys and it shows why everyone hates Pacquiao fans more than any other groups of fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

aymnatskerd wrote:
Velasquez silently said "I surrender". From the very start he knows he is just an appetizer for the MP-EM rematch. So what's the point of fighting further when he already knelt down and worshipped Pac's legs? He did put some effort but that's all he got. In fairness, he hurt the defenseless Pacquiao in rounds 1 and 2.

dude,do you know what youre talkin' about?I saw it live at StaplesCenter and i still watch the fight over and over.I dont know where you referenced your take.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next