Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

According to another forum, the ref said that it was velazquez that told the ref that he didn't want to continue anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 am 

I was enjoying the bout so much it was a shame the ref stopped it :cry:
but then Velasquez could have been KILLED :banghead: if the fight continued :D

OK na ayos na, ako daw ang last post dito :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:52 pm 

Sphinx wrote:

OK, OK, you have the last post Mr. Sphinx! :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i feel that the ref made the right call. velasquez could have still continue but i doubt if there's something left in him.

i also feel that there's no way that he'll thow that fight since this is his chance to getting bigger bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Sphinx wrote:

lolz pareng Sphinx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:30 pm 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.

You mean Hector was paid to lose the fight and Raheem not?

I think Hector just got beaten and he don't want his little purse be just given to the hospital if ever he goes into comatose.

Let us thank Hector for helping Manny prepare for his next fight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:32 pm 
Middleweight

DobyZhee wrote:
check the replay after the right cross that initially stunned Hector. The last flurry was the nail in the coffin but Hector really didn't want any more punishment. He did not dispute the ref stopping the fight nor did any of the final flurries that Pacquiao put in really hurt him. It was more of Velazquez taking a knee and not wanting anymore punishment. I will even go on to say that it looked like Velasquez may have even thrown the fight. Don't ask but by the look on his face it looked like he didn't want to quit but that he had no other choice (for some unknown reasons). He had that "I got paid" look after the match.

Alright, thats my unfound accusation of the day.

Hmm, maybe you've been watching too much UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) where the loser either gets knocked out cold, blood spurting out from his mouth, face turning blue due to lack of oxygen, or his head gets chopped off. I guess this must be your idea of convincing defeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:55 pm 
Middleweight

what's the use of going for another round of punishment? He gets paid pa rin naman di ba kahit anong round sya matalo :-)

Seriously he is receiving a lot of heavy blows from Manny already. Jeez, have you seen his face after the knockdown? He looks stunned and the old cut on his left brow opened up again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

DobyZhee, too much weed dude? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:10 pm 
Heavyweight

acCARtant wrote:
DobyZhee, too much weed dude? :lol:

dont worry, he has glaucoma...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

guerilla7 wrote:
what's the use of going for another round of punishment? He gets paid pa rin naman di ba kahit anong round sya matalo :-)

Seriously he is receiving a lot of heavy blows from Manny already. Jeez, have you seen his face after the knockdown? He looks stunned and the old cut on his left brow opened up again.

I too was dissappointed initially when the fight was stopped, that HV did not exhibit the "corazn" that Mexican fighters are famous for. However, after watching the replays a few times, I realized how much pounding he took from Manny over the last couple of rounds.

To my naked eyes and watching the fight live, I thought that the punches were not doing any damage. But with the slowmo, Manny was delivering bombs in flurries. Then after reading about HV's interview, where he said he knew Manny was fast, but did not realize how strong he was (big bombs from both hands), then it all made sense to me.

Manny throws punches from all angles, and really short punches, but they DO carry a wallop. I can't beleive how fast he can reload and throw punches.

In hindsight, good decision by the ref to stop the fight. HV's lost his will to win, hence no protest after the stoppage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

flipgolfer wrote:
guerilla7 wrote:

I too was dissappointed initially when the fight was stopped, that HV did not exhibit the "corazn" that Mexican fighters are famous for. However, after watching the replays a few times, I realized how much pounding he took from Manny over the last couple of rounds.

To my naked eyes and watching the fight live, I thought that the punches were not doing any damage. But with the slowmo, Manny was delivering bombs in flurries. Then after reading about HV's interview, where he said he knew Manny was fast, but did not realize how strong he was (big bombs from both hands), then it all made sense to me.

Manny throws punches from all angles, and really short punches, but they DO carry a wallop. I can't beleive how fast he can reload and throw punches.

In hindsight, good decision by the ref to stop the fight. HV's lost his will to win, hence no protest after the stoppage.

Yeah you have to watch it in slow mo.... Thats what you call lightning speed... Kinda like a jackhammer... :hammer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:58 am 
Heavyweight

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Why are some people here crying about the fight being stopped? You folks wants to see blood oozing out of Velasquez' nose and ears before a stoppage?

We don't want another CONTRERAS case here.

This is why boxing is a sports . . . it is still bounded by rules to protect the fighters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:24 am 
Heavyweight

nightflame wrote:
flipgolfer wrote:
guerilla7 wrote:

Yeah you have to watch it in slow mo.... Thats what you call lightning speed... Kinda like a jackhammer... :hammer:

Just like in the Bruce Lee Movies where they need to slow down the reel speed to see the moves of Bruce Lee..

Hence, MANNY is a PINOY BRUCE LEE!!!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:46 am 
Heavyweight

pso_junior wrote:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Why are some people here crying about the fight being stopped? You folks wants to see blood oozing out of Velasquez' nose and ears before a stoppage?

We don't want another CONTRERAS case here.

This is why boxing is a sports . . . it is still bounded by rules to protect the fighters.

Then if that happens, they'll criticize PAC why the ref didn't halt the fight! :banghead:

Whichever will be.. Those PAC HATERS will condemn his Victory to whoever he fights.. But if he loses, they'll ridicule PAC as one-dimensional, Flat-footed, Blah Blah Blah.. Whatta Losers.. :smoke:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next