Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:27 am 
Welterweight

bisdak wrote:
SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:
saw cornia at the after party. i wasn't star struck. she's small. didn't want to take a picture, and i didn't care!

Heard she's a spoiled B anyway. Acting swell headed and stuff coz she's getting it from a senator. PHEW!!!

Quote from Sportajordan: Missed the Bautista fight because I foolishly though his fight would take place before Viloria.]end quote

It did occur before the Viloria fight bro. I'm kinda confused now.

Boom-boom's fight was the very first one.. it started at exactly 4pm. The Center was still almost empty... after him was another fight, then it was followed by Vanes, then Villoria.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:31 am 
Middleweight

Good one...thanks for sharing your notes bro! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:46 am 
Heavyweight

SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:

-and finally the best for las. THE SHERIFF WAS IN TOWN. that's right, the sheriff was as much a part of team pacquiao as many one you saw with manny on tv. he was at the weigh in and had a credential for the fight. he was his usual driver role (hey he doesn't have to follow traffic laws). still a very nice guy to us and seemed not to get into manny's way too much, he just drove!

i guess that's my long winded double trouble notes. ohh yeah did i mention all the mexicans lost on a TOP RANK show in LA? makes you respect boxing more huh?

yep, caught him with the pacman in a TFC interview today. this time he was elected to holdup the oversize flag for the duration of the 1 hour interview, masunurin si greg ah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:59 am 
tns for sharing some info bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

bisdak wrote:
SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:
saw cornia at the after party. i wasn't star struck. she's small. didn't want to take a picture, and i didn't care!

Heard she's a spoiled B anyway. Acting swell headed and stuff coz she's getting it from a senator. PHEW!!!

Quote from Sportajordan: Missed the Bautista fight because I foolishly though his fight would take place before Viloria.]end quote

what i meant was I thought Bautista's would be the fight before Villoria, not the fisrt fight of the night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:37 am 
Heavyweight

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, bro. Much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:49 am 
Heavyweight

SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:
bisdak wrote:
SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:

what i meant was I thought Bautista's would be the fight before Villoria, not the fisrt fight of the night

hey jason was Rey and Brian at the same afterparty? i wonder if brian's was at (club envy)?

i saw Sheriff walkin around also in the red no fear gear. and i did hear Buboy comment ulo ulo, to the head, in between one round on hbo's coverage

thought it was a good gesture of Taker to walk in w Vanes and Pac. he mustve been workin out still at Staples, his tank was all sweaty

Last edited by Lakeshow9 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:56 am 

SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:
bisdak wrote:
SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:

I see. Sayang!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:44 am 
Light Heavyweight

it wasn't at club evny, not unless pacquiao went thre after 12am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:54 am 
Cruiserweight

madpac wrote:
bisdak wrote:
SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:

Boom-boom's fight was the very first one.. it started at exactly 4pm. The Center was still almost empty... after him was another fight, then it was followed by Vanes, then Villoria.

I missed BoomBoom's fight. Everything I read said that the doors will open at 4:00pm, with the first fight slated for 4:30 pm. Ran a little late, and arrived exactly at 4:30pm. Saw the start of the 2 Latinos fighting, and thought that was the first card of the day.

After that fight, I turned around to my buddy and said I'm really looking forward to the next fight, which I had hoped to be Bomm Boom's. The Pinoy next to us then said that it was already over.

Big disappointment to me, since I was really looking forward to that fight.

Sayang!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:06 am 
Welterweight

flipgolfer wrote:
madpac wrote:
bisdak wrote:
SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:

I missed BoomBoom's fight. Everything I read said that the doors will open at 4:00pm, with the first fight slated for 4:30 pm. Ran a little late, and arrived exactly at 4:30pm. Saw the start of the 2 Latinos fighting, and thought that was the first card of the day.

After that fight, I turned around to my buddy and said I'm really looking forward to the next fight, which I had hoped to be Bomm Boom's. The Pinoy next to us then said that it was already over.

Big disappointment to me, since I was really looking forward to that fight.

Sayang!!!

Our friends are also telling us it will start at 4:30pm but the ticket says 4:00pm so we went ahead to our seats.. minutes later Boom-Boom was already on his way to the ring... he look soooo young..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:45 am 
Heavyweight

Larry Merchant plugged Manny's movie in the 5th round. Free advertisement from HBO. :D Lisensyadong Kamao (licensed Fist)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:24 am 
Heavyweight

bulacannyboy wrote:
SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:

-and finally the best for las. THE SHERIFF WAS IN TOWN. that's right, the sheriff was as much a part of team pacquiao as many one you saw with manny on tv. he was at the weigh in and had a credential for the fight. he was his usual driver role (hey he doesn't have to follow traffic laws). still a very nice guy to us and seemed not to get into manny's way too much, he just drove!

i guess that's my long winded double trouble notes. ohh yeah did i mention all the mexicans lost on a TOP RANK show in LA? makes you respect boxing more huh?

yep, caught him with the pacman in a TFC interview today. this time he was elected to holdup the oversize flag for the duration of the 1 hour interview, masunurin si greg ah.

It's all alright and none of anybody's business if all Gregg does is hang around Manny and does chores and stuff and be his friend. It's diffrenet if he thinks he can just step up to the ring and displace somebody who should be rightfully there with a job to do, just so he can start yelling encouragement, when in fact he's distracting the whole team.

I guess he learned from the last time or Freddie must have told him not to do that again.