Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:54 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:12 pm 
Heavyweight

BoxerShorts wrote:
VELASQUEZ is a more DANGEROUS FIGHTER than PEDEN. IMO.

probably, in fact i can stand watching velasquez fight than watching robbie peden....what a waste of time!

==================================
don't judge me. im not a book!!!- MELANIE MARQUEZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:25 pm 
Welterweight

Prior to the fight, many boxing experts agreed that Velasquez is more dangerous opponent than raheem. The odds for Manny against Velasquez was 3:1 while the odds for Morales and Raheem was 3.5:1......IT IS AN IMPRESSIVE WIN BY MANNY!!!

Return of the King......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

a wins a win. i think there was an improvement in the right hand of manny but there wasnt much else. he needs to improve his defence, counterpunching and movement for morales.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

freewheeze wrote:
guys, before the fight, boxing analyst,gurus,writers etc. said pac's foe hector is not to be taken lightly, he's tough hombre,experienced,a vicious body puncher,like this like that, blah blah etc...some hyped him so much that we were so anxious that hector mght beat our hero....

now after pacman sacking velasquez, there seems to be a turn of the tide, that hector was overmatched, that pacman beating him wasn't stellar or something like that.... i mean i don't get it,it appeares that EM lost beacause his opponent was more difficult was better, maybe it was, on the otherhand pacman had an easier foe, it looked like pacman gained nothing from the win and isn't getting credit for his victory....i've observed these from articles,boxing sites etc....

what do u think???

The fact that PAC was able to TKO a contenter at SF less than 12 rds is more than enough. That's the only doubt I need to dispel in my mind. PAC appeared many times less than stellar fighting championship level and won most of them since time immemorial so the comment is nothing new.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

A win a win it does'nt matter how he performed that night what matters is he won- The most important thing is how he performs in the rematch against Morales.To manny credit he stopped Velasquez, Juarez and Peden could not. Velasquez and Morales are completely different caliber of boxers we probably did'nt see the best of Manny that night perhaps team pacquiao knew that manny could beat velasquez.Morales is the main man maybe will see the real pac-man in action in janaury..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I think those boxing gurus also critisize eric's opponent as a tune up, or a walk in the park... or a bum..... but they didn't expect the unexpected Eric lost that fight...

That's why they don't want to credit manny's credibility in winning against Hector Velasquez...

Hector did not kiss the canvass he kneeled down ....

and about morales.... Raheem teach him a lesson that night.....

:peace: