Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:56 am 
Strawweight

Tall Filipino wrote:
red4manny wrote:
over the past few months, there have been several articles that evoked a mixture of emotions from this hallowed forum. emotions, i should say, that ranges from downright contempt to diabolical outrage. a case in point is the infamous Pedro F. article (that 5-out-of-4 scenario), which irreverently drew the ire of SOME paclanders who could not quite distinguish the line between a statement of opinion and a statement of fact. now, thanks goodness that that case was finally laid to rest(?).

i chose to act the bystander's role amidst those verbal melee, as i thought that my emotion on the issue at hand was as trivial as it was indefensible.

however, i should take exception to Quinito's "Secret......revealed" posted just recently. in vivid - cinematic, perhaps - fashion, QH "revealed" a training "secret" that MP allegedly employed en route to defeating HV. in my OPINION, i find this piece of "revelation" rather uncalled for at this stage of MP's preparation for the highly anticipated grudge rematch with EM. the point is, if you have a trade secret that works, what benefit does it have if it become known by all and sundry? indeed, coach FR "kept the drill under wraps to avoid a leak" to HV's camp - and rightly so because in a sport like boxing, the element of surprise often determines winning and lossing. i certainly cannot claim any knowledge about the business of training a boxer, but my common sense - which may not be common to some - tells me that a "secret" that works is best kept being just that, a secret.

no offense meant to Mr. Henson (incidentally, my most revered sports writer, analyst, and commentator - not necessarily in that order); just my piece of mind - whatever it's worth.

viva la quinito! well said red man

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

this guy red man doesnt know what he is talking about!! Cabron !

:celebrate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

Even if Quinito did not reveal the "secret" I don't think it will be a secret because for sure Morales camp will study Manny's fight with Velazquez so they will figure it out. Besided Quinito should had been given a go signal to write it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

omigoshhh... Roach's decoy works.!!!

Team Pacquiao doesn't take anything for granted especially with Finkle. Anyway... let's keep it this way to keep the other camp confused.... :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:04 am 
Welterweight

The idea of figuring out your opponent first before making your move in the next round is a good idea for Pacman. It relaxes his opponent a little bit occasionally hitting him in places that he is vulnerable to get hurt -- the head or the body. When his opponent relaxes a series hard shots will more effective than pulverizing your opponent with bombs right from the openning bell. I agree that the right hand will play a major role now that Manny is in the SF division. I know its going to be hard but, I would like Manny to develop his right hand more like the left hand of Castillo (its was a ferocious left hook that KOed Corrales in their rematch), especially the right hook to the liver or head. A tip for boxing newbies out there, if you have your opponent on the ropes never go first to the head because its the most difficult target to hit esp when your opponent is bobbing and weaving, go to the body land 3 or 4 shots, when he lowers his guard step back a little throw a jab or a power punch to the head continue with the head shots until he ups his guard, if he ups his guard move forward but with your guard covering your chops to avoid counters then go again to the body, if he moves sideways just follow him and continue the attack, you have to KD him with 10-12 shots, if you have done that and he is still up, rest a little about 3-5 secs, then repeat this attacking technique or else you might punch yourself out and loose steam.