Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Cotto or Mosley?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:33 pm 
Middleweight

Guys, after the PACMAN hurdles the challenge of the HITMAN, who are you in favor shall the PACMAN fight next between COTTO and MOSLEY to further cement his status in the All Time Great rankings.. Forget Margarito, after the recent controversy his legitimacy as a super fighter is now in Limbo. Forget MAyweather, his Ego is beyond compare and because of that he is not going to fight again in fear of tarnishing his unbeaten record.

Is it Cotto who BEATS Sugar Shane in a close 12 round decision?
Or is it Sugar Shane who DESTROYED the conqueror of Cotto?

I Love PACMAN to fight Sugar Shane, Mosley's fight record is far more impressive than Cotto. He has been in WARS with great fighter and bigger opponents. Cotto's one loss record does not impress me much. Sugar Shane's destruction of Margarito proved that He is still the elite fighter that he Is and most importantly he has two welterweight belts now.

What's your thought Guys?

Post subject: Re: COTTO or MOSLEY
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:38 pm 
Heavyweight

stll, PBF for me. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 pm 
Heavyweight

it's easier to arrange a fight with cotto as both of them are from top rank. imho that fight will likewise sell more compare to a fight with mosley. better yet is to fight the winner of mosley vs cotto 2 should that fight happens.

if pbf however is available it think that would be the best fight to take.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

either of the two PACMAN will kick their azzes! welters beware PACMAN is coming like a typhoon from the pacific! :o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:48 pm 
Heavyweight

if pac will fight more, why not fight both?

but if i have to choose, pbf should be next

depende din sa performance nya against hatton w/c imo is not a walk in the park for pac

wrong forum, btw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:54 pm 
Heavyweight

After Hatton, the Pacman should retire. Boxing is a dangerous sport. No one can tell what could likely happen if he does fight guys who're naturally bigger (and maybe, stronger) than him. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:19 pm 
Middleweight

stll, PBF for me. 8)

Yes, PBF is the ultimate fight for PACMAN. But what if PBF is not going to unretire and considering that PACMAN has signified his intention to walk away from the game after this year, who then will be between Mosley and Cotto is the best fight for PACMAN..?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:21 pm 
Cruiserweight

Those 2 belongs at the top 5 147lbs division, Pacman will have a lot of troubles with either of the two, He'll be giving too much advantages, Cotto and Mosley hits a lot harder at 147 compared to Manny's punches, both men are good boxer-puncher and a lot faster compared with delahoya and margarito. Manny should stay at 140

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

make cotto and mosley agree to a catchweight of 143, para di nman masyadong dehado c Pacman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:45 pm 
Middleweight

you'll never know. because pac is retiring soon. he should fight pbf.

kung magtagal pa siya sa boxing why not..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:49 pm 
Middleweight

[quote][/quote]
Those 2 belongs at the top 5 147lbs division, Pacman will have a lot of troubles with either of the two, He'll be giving too much advantages, Cotto and Mosley hits a lot harder at 147 compared to Manny's punches, both men are good boxer-puncher and a lot faster compared with delahoya and margarito. Manny should stay at 140

I agree that these two fighter presents an eminent danger to PACMAN. But at this point of his career, the PACMAN is looking for the Biggest fight, literally and figuratively, to make History and further cement his status in the mythical ATG rankings. After Hatton, there is no "named" opponent in the 140 division that will further push PACQUIAO's Immortality.

Remember the PACMAN battered ODLH into submission, who is a bigger and a great fighter for that. Besides, coach Roach at this early has already mentioned MOSLEY as a possible opponent down the line if Mayweather will not come out of retirement. This means that coach Roach believes that the PACMAN has what it got to take and defeat MOSLEY.

Do you doubt coach Roach now? :o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:57 pm 
Cruiserweight

ok then i guess he has a better chance of winning against mosley (pag2magal ang laban tingin ko hihingalin na c mosley kay Pacman)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:59 pm 
Middleweight

[quote][/quote]
make cotto and mosley agree to a catchweight of 143, para di nman masyadong dehado c Pacman

Well if they fight at a catchweight, it will diminish the relevance of PACMAN's win. Look at what they said when PACMAN drummed ODLH, kesyo ODLH was drained, blah blah blah... Besides if PACMAN fight with MOSLEY at a catchweight, would that means that it will not be for the welterweight belts?

If the belt will still be up for grabbed even if they fight at a catchweight, the best weight will be at 145 inorder not to put much strain to PACMAN's victory.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

that will be a great challenge for Pacman and Roach, for sure Mosley will use his reach, clinching, and bolo punches. you are actually right this could be pacman's chance to capture another belt for his 6th weight division assuming he defeats Ricky Hatton on May.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:23 pm 
Welterweight

new town wrote:
After Hatton, the Pacman should retire. Boxing is a dangerous sport. No one can tell what could likely happen if he does fight guys who're naturally bigger (and maybe, stronger) than him. 8)

Hehehe, bigla kang kinabahan bro! (Yes, boxing is a dangerous sport!)