Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:41 am 
Light Heavyweight

Just plain closure. And stamp his name in boxing history as the best featherweight/superfeatherweight in this point of time. He can retire after beating Morales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:06 am 
Light Heavyweight

why do we now sound like it is the end of the world for morales and that he has lost his market value? come on MAB got whacked real bad by manny. but look where he is now. still among the elite. EM's defeat to raheem doesnt erase all that he has accomplished. also note that he STILL has pacquiao last march.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:19 am 
Heavyweight

Erik is the man who beat our Manny Pacquiao,Don't you guys wanna see Manny take his revenge on Erik?Some people are afraid Manny will lose again in the rematch but I'm not.I still believe Manny can make it even.Its pride and honor guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:22 am 
Heavyweight

$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:22 am 
Middleweight

Getting even and the moola.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:07 am 
Heavyweight

All of a sudden, Morales is much more interested now in a rematch with Pacman after he has been beaten by Raheem.

I feel that fans want a Pacman-Barrera rematch more because Barrera is the champion. Pacman should pursue Barrera now. Lower risk, high yield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:16 am 
Bantamweight

rexx wrote:
I say Pac should make Morales wait just like Hagler did to Leonard.

Are you crazy guys Pacman lost to Morales why should Morales have to wait???
And I believe Pacman wants nothing more than to avenge his loss not wait!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:20 am 
Lightweight

Tony wrote:
All of a sudden, Morales is much more interested now in a rematch with Pacman after he has been beaten by Raheem.

I feel that fans want a Pacman-Barrera rematch more because Barrera is the champion. Pacman should pursue Barrera now. Lower risk, high yield.

I would say PACMAN should fight the MAB vs PEDEN winner on January and be a champ then fight MORALES in a rematch middle next year. If PEDEN wins against MAB, PACMAN should close out the 2006 with MAB rematch.

What do you think guys?

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:22 am 
Heavyweight

he has to prove once and for all that it was distractions that caused his lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:23 am 
Welterweight

Quoted from Suntokero "why do we now sound like it is the end of the world for morales and that he has lost his market value? come on MAB got whacked real bad by manny. but look where he is now. still among the elite. EM's defeat to raheem doesnt erase all that he has accomplished. also note that he STILL has pacquiao last march."

Suntokero has a point. He said it well. But for me though morales has to wait and manny fight a rematch with barrera instead. It is the most lucrative deal there is considering barrera's stature at this time (he is the top superfeather with titles), and it will also settle the issue that barrera had just an offnight at that time. I really wanted to see a barrera rematch. then maybe after that we may want to have a morales rematch and a win with both barrera and morales would cement manny as the greatest boxer of all time lol hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:28 am 
Lightweight

it's the money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:29 am 
Cruiserweight

When Manny was moving up the bigtime ladders, he was calling out these names: MAB, EM, etc. and vowed to fight them enetaym, eneweyr!

He fought and mobbed MAB, but he squeaked with Eric. I think more than the money, if Manny has a say in his career (I doubt it now that he is surrounded by advisers) he would fight and defeat EM above other things.

But the most sane move would be stay within 126-130 and fight-off all challengers that come his way...MAB II, JMM will surely be lured by money (which he was so desperately wanting) and the rest of the featherweights. I hate to say this but I think the most exciting and difficult fight in Pacman's life would be to go against a fellow pelepens - Randy Suico.

After a while, when he has cleaned up both divisions - follow EM at lightweight and explore the waters. . .

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!!Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:52 am 
Heavyweight

Top Rank made an official announcement that The rematch is still on so don't worry about Pac waiting long for a money FIGHT.

Eric losing to Raheem won't lose his PPV charisma just like that . . . in fact it could add more to the fans desire to see how Eric would perform in his next fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:56 pm 
Heavyweight

pso_junior wrote:
Top Rank made an official announcement that The rematch is still on so don't worry about Pac waiting long for a money FIGHT.

Eric losing to Raheem won't lose his PPV charisma just like that . . . in fact it could add more to the fans desire to see how Eric would perform in his next fight.

Good point.
After all HBO Latino announcers had EM winning the fight 115-113. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Either we want Pac to fight Morales or not it is already scheduled on Jan 21 so the question right now is does Manny have the discipline to train? Especially since this is the Christmas season and Manny's b-day. I hope manny will do because if he wants to beat Morales he have to be in the condition when he demolished Barrera if not we will see the same result last March 19.