Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:26 pm 
Lightweight

I think the gloves would've made a difference...I remembered PACMAN hurt morales on the first rnd with that body punch..If PACMAN was wearing the reyes gloves, who knows the fight might have ended in that first rnd....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

CanadaSwann88 wrote:
Gotta play devil's advocate here....but wouldn't have Morales' punches done some damage too if he wore the Reyes gloves?
THere's no doubt in my mind that Manny will have more confidence wearing the Reyes gloves.

In my mind he's got to go all out and especially to the body early. You will notice in the first fight Morales was bending down to get some wind at the end of the first round. But Manny abandoned the body.

Hopefully he learns from his mistakes in the first fight.

Bro, EM wouldn't have worn the Cleto Reyes glove because he was protecting his fist. In his previous fights EM injured his hand, thus his preferrence for the thick-padded Winning gloves. Had Murad not stipulated it in the contract Manny would have Cleto Reyes and EM the Winning gloves.
But that's behind us now... lets just hope that in their rematch EM will still wear the Winning with Manny wearing Cleto Reys. But lets not be surprised if at the last minute EM decides to wear Cleto to match Manny's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

let me put my opinion on this the following way:

if a marathon-runner, who usually wears asics shoes, suddenly has to wear new balance shoes, then he won't have the same "feeling" as he does, with his usual choice of brand...
... i honestly don't know if manny would have KD/KO EM with reyes-gloves (EM has one heck of a granite chin), but i guess he would have hurt EM a lil' more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:57 pm 
Lightweight

If Pacman was wearing the Reyes Gloves, Morales face would've been a mess...Remember, Eric's face swell easily in the past..I cant wait to see how badly MANNY will bruise Eric's face..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

we shld also remember tht erik has been in alot of tough fights and his chin has been showing signs of wear and tear - chavez also KD morales in the 2nd round of their fight and raheem almost KD erik as well but did not follow up. remember when a granite chin is cracked a la pipino cuevas they may never be the same again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:29 pm 
Lightweight

sers2k wrote:
If Pacman was wearing the Reyes Gloves, Morales face would've been a mess...Remember, Eric's face swell easily in the past..I cant wait to see how badly MANNY will bruise Eric's face..

me too. definitely either he will have a broken nose or quit the 4th round. :D