Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:43 pm 
Lightweight

Nice opinions bro but I think Pacman is not thinking about losing with Morales once more. When you listen to his interview with Larry Merchant, it seems like he is in a quest of something greater than boxing. In my opinion, Manny has learned so many lessons in boxing. His maturity and appreciation on the sport is greater that any other boxer; therefore, he understood what he needed to do in order to be successful. Fighting Morales again without any splinters on Pacman's mind will takeout any feelings of doubt. I think Pacman saw something in that fight that told himself that he could win against Morales or else why will he fight him again specially now that Raheem took care of that job for him. Manny the destroyer that he is, just really love the sport of boxing and fight an opponent just to clear his name and the regain that honor for his country. In my opinion, our beloved Manny Pacquiao is in a journey that everyone will never forget in the history of boxing. So many writer had underestimate this very humble man from an island, yet if you watch his every fight closely, he made each one them looks very easy. I know this sounds crazy because he gets hit a lot too. But I think that his style to intimidate his opponent to make them think that they are winning then all of the sudden turn the event around his way. Every great people on every sports has this type of characteristics that seems shocking to everyone on how they able to turn things around. Manny vs. Morales II is going to better than the first one because on the desire of these two boxers that they both going to carry on in the ring. No matter who wins, both of these fighters will be remember. I also think that this is going to be the fight of the year for 2007. Mabuhay to all the Filipinos around the world and I hope that all of these events will challenge each one of us to go out do something for our beloved country. Let the whole world knows our skills and we should learn how to unite as ONE for the good of our nation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacman will win big time against EM next year!!So Hush!! :whisper: :whisper: naysayers because you don't mean a thing.

ASTIG BASTA PINOY!!!

I LAB U PELEPENS!! :bravo: :beeh: :hammer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

This will all depend on how Manny wants to win and how bad he wants to get what he wants. Meaning it will all depend on how he will train for this fight. If he will give more time training perfectly on this fight. He will have a better chance of beating Morales this time. I hope they all know this time that Pac needs a perfect 10 to beat Morales. Unlike beating Hector V. even at a rate of 7 he had beaten him. But for Morales he needs a perfect 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:42 pm 
Heavyweight

i'd like to see manny fighting the winner of Barrera/Peden match before Erik.. if not then go for Erik.. i hate to see manny in the ring with another tune up fighters.. :banghead: :sledgehammer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:13 pm 
Dont worry bro..pac would k.o morales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

after beatin EM... everyone will be cake walk for the next 2 to 3 years
for our Pacman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:11 pm 
Heavyweight

manny wants to fight EM again only for one impt. thing "REVENGE" that's all, of course the fat purse too... nothing else, manny doesn't need to beat EM to be considered great and get credit as a fighter.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:22 pm 
Middleweight

Manny is itching for revenge , not a good idea indeed , but are u saying that he should fight Barrera and its like 'its starting all over again?'
what about Raheem instead of Eric?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:46 pm 
Cruiserweight

once you know you'll receive $6m you'll forget about reputation, marketability and even fate...I'll fight Chris Byrd for that amount :biglaugh: and besides Eric is still a crowd drawer, a PPV guy and Barrera just wouldn't dare. I guess eric is the best choice as of now if they want big fights and big money. I still hope that Barrera will get into the picture...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:49 pm 
Lightweight

Nice post BRO!!

Gain?? Go for a belt..Finkel and Gary Shaw should be thinking of the winner of barrea / peden match...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:18 am 
Featherweight

I apologize to everyone for not expressing my opinions more succinctly in my previous post. I started off with the intent to do so, but then it started going in a whole different direction.

I hope I didn't give the impression that I didn't think Manny should ever fight Erik again or even that Manny can't win a fight against Erik. I, too, am excited about a rematch. I just question the wisdom of taking this on right now. I think the best scenario for Manny would have been to take on the winner of the Barrera/Peden match-up first and wait for Erik to win one more fight before any talk of a rematch.

This would solve a lot of the issues brought up in this thread as well.

Your thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:12 pm 
Strawweight

Pac should fight Morales now. Things change quickly and the chance might not come again. If he never fights Barrera again so what. He owns Barrera forever and its up to Barrera to call HIM out for the rematch. Barrera is clearly not doing that, so let sleeping cowards lie in the dirt talking smack and rather than admit their fears. Yes Barrera is a warrior and a great champion, but he is also a fighter who lacks honor in (intentional headbutts, attempted DQ vs Pac)and outside (Pac washed up after Morales so I don't need to fight him) the ring.

Pac owns Barrera from now until the end of time unless Barrera wants to do something about it.

Pac is a warrior in the ring with the heart of a true champion who wants the most dangerous fight he can possibly take for his own honor and pride.

Unbelievable that such a thing still exists!

Take Morales Pac! Beat Morales or give it your best shot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:45 pm 
Featherweight

i think pacquiao is going to win he just needs to do the same technique in what he did in the velazquez fight also he needs to watch his head. :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:58 pm 
Heavyweight

this is gonna be a blast...
erik coming from a loss is a very dangerous opponent...
for pac to win this he must be very focus and ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:00 pm 
Strawweight

VladTepes wrote:
once you know you'll receive $6m you'll forget about reputation, marketability and even fate...I'll fight Chris Byrd for that amount :biglaugh: and besides Eric is still a crowd drawer, a PPV guy and Barrera just wouldn't dare. I guess eric is the best choice as of now if they want big fights and big money. I still hope that Barrera will get into the picture...

I think Vlad was right, a fight with EM still draws a lot of money than a MAB/MP rematch.
But either way, i still believe he will win.