Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:36 pm 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
Ultimate Boxing Fan wrote:
BCngDC wrote:
Before we think that way, let's first try it once more without the Murad/Nazario problem, and using cleto reyes gloves. Okay?

I second this one.

....and the open gym and greg asuncion.

LOL

-------------
Have fun, guys!

i third the motion.... sounds like were in congress...LOL....

good thing all those L.A. MIRONS are gone for keEPs....
=============================================

don't judge me, im not a book!!! - MELANIE MARQUEZ :D :D

and no greg.
that man looks like a jinx!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:05 pm 
Lightweight

freewheeze wrote:
you think morales' style is contrapelo to pacman?
i think it is, if manny loses the 2nd time, which i hope not....

just likebarrera to EM, MOsLey to DeLahoya, junior jones to barrera, holyfield to tyson, delahoya to JCC and i could go on and on.....

opinions?

i dont believe that. A true CHAMPION can surpass any style of his opponent because he makes sure that he study his moves against him. IF our IDOL is a true CHAMPION he must prove that he can surpass the test.

Post subject: Things To Do for Manny
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:27 pm 
Welterweight

Forget the jab, Manny can't win a jabbing contest with EM, move forward but you have to throw punches coming in, then attack the body, maybe 2-3 punches will do then clinch, make EM back up. This will really slow him down, forget knocking him out with a left-straight, make EM succumb to body punches. When the time, that he lowers his guard to protect his body, then you go to the head, don't use the jab, use 1-2 combos,hooks and uppercuts are best choice of punches if you want to beat him. I don't see Manny winning using the jab which is EMs bread and butter. Morales is a slow starter which can be a weakness as compared to MP which is a fast starter.

With the proper training about 6-8 weeks non-stop, keep the weight at 135lbs during the fight for easy movement and gain more speed which can give problems to EM.

If you recieve a punch, don't manifest or act that it doesn't hurt because it doesn't matter at all, punch right back and stay focussed. It's a waste of precious time clowning around especially with EM. If EM rushes to you, don't back away, you can counter or you can clinch, but never back away it will only give EM confidence to bull rush you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:48 pm 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:

just likebarrera to EM, MOsLey to DeLahoya, junior jones to barrera, holyfield to tyson, delahoya to JCC and i could go on and on.....

opinions?

The "Abang" style is the contrapelo to Pacman's hurricane punching style. The Pacman's fast high octane offense is the technique to beat the slower, close infighting brawlers, but the brainy wait first-then counter style is the style to use against Manny. JMM and EM used that style with great success while the brawlers will have a hard time to beat Manny. Manny will have a hard time against "Abang" fighters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Shark_Attack wrote:
freewheeze wrote:

opinions?

The "Abang" style is the contrapelo to Pacman's hurricane punching style. The Pacman's fast high octane offense is the technique to beat the slower, close infighting brawlers, but the brainy wait first-then counter style is the style to use against Manny. JMM and EM used that style with great success while the brawlers will have a hard time to beat Manny. Manny will have a hard time against "Abang" fighters.

i agree..... EM and JMM did that effectively to MP, they always wait for MP to charge in, and they'll back down and unleash counters.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:08 am 
Cruiserweight

to early to say. lets wait until the rematch when hopefully manny is better prepared to judge..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:11 am 
Welterweight

let's hope the rematch does go
through...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:14 pm 
Heavyweight

aztec_warriors wrote:
let's hope the rematch does go
through...

don't fret... it wiLL...