Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:02 am 
Featherweight

hot2trut wrote:
what do you think about PACMAN and JERMAINE TAYLOR...WINKY OR HOPKINS?

I DO BELIEVE MANNY WILL BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM TOO...

goo manny....eat a lot of rice and be a heavy wieght and fight james toney or klischko.

I THOUGHT I WAS SMOKING TOO MUCH SHAB. HMMMN.. GO FIGURE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:11 am 
Welterweight

hot2trut wrote:

goo manny....eat a lot of rice and be a heavy wieght and fight james toney or klischko.

Pare..hindi pwede si toney unless give extra minutes for the break so Roach have time to coach the two fighters or put them in same corner :D :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:18 am 
Featherweight

gmini wrote:
hot2trut wrote:

Pare..hindi pwede si toney unless give extra minutes for the break so Roach have time to coach the two fighters or put them in same corner :D :D .

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:00 am 
Welterweight

PBF when he was at 130 and pac right now? i dont think pac's even gonna hit him with the left hand. pac hits hard but he's not gonna hit floyd coz floyd is just the complete boxer. maybe at 126 he has a chance but i think floyd started out as a superfeather. then again, this is just fantasy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

I dunno if you guys remember but there was a point in Tito Trinidad's career where he looks really invincible. Thats when he KTFO Vargas and Joppy. HBO was charting out Tito's possible big name opponents that included Hopkins, RJJ, and believe it or not, the name Evander Holyfield was even mentioned..I was like..is he nuts?!?!but nope, Trinidad's team was really keen on heading to that direction if nothing comes in the way..Well we all know he didnt go past Hopkins so that big plan just fell apart..

Going back to this topic, and with Tito's case as reference, the idea of Pacman going up against Mayweather isnt really a fantasy after all..well it is to boxing savvy, but not tothe shrewd matchmakers like HBO and Arum. For now, this match up is probably far-fetch, but am not gonna say it is impossible to happen..

ok bash me now.. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:38 am 
Heavyweight

dcasido wrote:
I dunno if you guys remember but there was a point in Tito Trinidad's career where he looks really invincible. Thats when he KTFO Vargas and Joppy. HBO was charting out Tito's possible big name opponents that included Hopkins, RJJ, and believe it or not, the name Evander Holyfield was even mentioned..I was like..is he nuts?!?!but nope, Trinidad's team was really keen on heading to that direction if nothing comes in the way..Well we all know he didnt go past Hopkins so that big plan just fell apart..

Going back to this topic, and with Tito's case as reference, the idea of Pacman going up against Mayweather isnt really a fantasy after all..well it is to boxing savvy, but not tothe shrewd matchmakers like HBO and Arum. For now, this match up is probably far-fetch, but am not gonna say it is impossible to happen..

ok, here it comes since you asked for it!! C'mon Paclanders!! Manny's first pro fight was at 106 lbs!!! Fighting at 130 is already a stretch!! manny is too short for the 140 lbs division and PBF is not coming down to 130. In fact, he's moving up soon to go after bigger names. I don't care what Morris East said. Manny would get killed in the higher weight class. This fight is purely fantasy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:54 am 
Featherweight

dcasido wrote:

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT BRO. LISTEN, THE TALKS ABOUT THE TWO THEM BEING SUCH GREAT ADMIRERS OF EACH OTHER, HUMBLES ME GREATLY, BUT I STILL BELIEVE THAT IT WOULD A GREAT MATCH UP.
THEY CAN MEET EACH OTHER AT 132 GIVE OR TAKE. THEY HAVE MORE TO PROVE TO EACH OTHER THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. THE ONLY DELIMA THAT I FEEL ABOUT THIS IS THAT, IF MP WINS OVER PBF, THEN HIS FUTURE CAREER MIGHT NOT BE AS EXCITING AS IT IS NOW, YOU UNDERSTAND. THAT MAY SOUND EXTREME, BUT COME ON, IT'S PBF.

THIS COULD BE A ROCKY BALBOA vs APOLLO CREED...GREAT FRIENDS AFTER THE FIGHT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:00 am 
Featherweight

PEPE wrote:
dcasido wrote:

ok, here it comes since you asked for it!! C'mon Paclanders!! Manny's first pro fight was at 106 lbs!!! Fighting at 130 is already a stretch!! manny is too short for the 140 lbs division and PBF is not coming down to 130. In fact, he's moving up soon to go after bigger names. I don't care what Morris East said. Manny would get killed in the higher weight class. This fight is purely fantasy.

BRUCE LEE WAS 147 ON WEIGHT AND 5'7" IN HEIGHT. MANNY PACQUIAO, 5'6.5", DO THE MATH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:12 am 
Heavyweight

Pac's-man wrote:
PEPE wrote:
dcasido wrote:

BRUCE LEE WAS 147 ON WEIGHT AND 5'7" IN HEIGHT. MANNY PACQUIAO, 5'6.5", DO THE MATH.

They list him as 5'6.5" but he aint that tall. Somebody here that's been around here please confirm that. Meanwhile, keep fantasizing. This fight aint happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:23 am 

Pac's-man wrote:
PEPE wrote:
dcasido wrote:

You need to get off Shabu and switch to Timbura instead bro. I thought you were just kidding, but you seem serious as a heart attack. :(

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:33 am 
Heavyweight

bisdak wrote:
Pac's-man wrote:
PEPE wrote:
dcasido wrote:

You need to get off Shabu and switch to Timbura instead bro. I thought you were just kidding, but you seem serious as a heart attack. :(

Now that I've taken his advice and DID THE MATH, he's got a valid point, bro! Bruce Lee busted up Chuck Norris who was 30 lbs heavier! Jabar was 3 feet taller, 150 lbs heavier and Bruce made easy work out of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:37 am 
Featherweight

bisdak wrote:
Pac's-man wrote:
PEPE wrote:
dcasido wrote:

LOL! I KNOW MAN! I CRACK MYSELF UP! :lol: :lol: :lol: LISTEN I'LL GET OFF THE SHAB IF YOU GO FIRST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:41 am 
Cruiserweight

Na bo- bored na naman kayo...katatapos lang ng laban at kung ano ano na yang naiisip ninyo :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:45 am 
Featherweight

PEPE wrote:
bisdak wrote:
Pac's-man wrote:
PEPE wrote:
dcasido wrote:

Now that I've taken his advice and DID THE MATH, he's got a valid point, bro! Bruce Lee busted up Chuck Norris who was 30 lbs heavier! Jabar was 3 feet taller, 150 lbs heavier and Bruce made easy work out of him.

I DON'T THINK YOU PAID ATTENTION IN THE BRUCE LEE vs JABAR FIGHT. BRUCE LEE DID HAVE A HARD TIME, UNTIL BRUCE EXPOSED HIS SENSITIVE EYES. :shock: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:56 am 
Welterweight

PEPE wrote:
bisdak wrote:
Pac's-man wrote:
PEPE wrote:
dcasido wrote:

huh? this is boxing right? not martial arts? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next