Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:56 pm 

ImageImage

ImageImage

Look at the photos guys. Two photos on the left side are the weigh-in during the Pac-Morales II. At right are photos for this third and final match.

For me, Morales looked more solid and not so dehydrated this time around. He looked warry and haggard in part II, but here in part III, he seemed more vibrant as you can tell in his face. In addition, there are more abs and cuts on the sides this time around. This time around Morales made weight surprisingly at 129, last time out, he made it barely at an even 130. Now, what indication does it give us?

Well, I usually reserve my prediciton until the weigh-in coz it gives you a better hint among the two fighters. Obviously, Pacquiao still looked stronger but defintely Morales has improved. But as I have said before, 8 weeks of weight reduction gives that worn-out body of Morales more room to contain the punishing pace of weight reduction during actual boxing training.

Number one English boxing expert Graham Houston upon seeing the weigh-in said that Morales looked in top shape this time around. He believe this is the best Morales to expect but in the end he still believe Pac will win.

As have read by many Paclanders, I always said the best Morales in this trilogy will show tomorrow. There is no substitute for dedicated training and Morales just did what his body wants him to do. Velocity is still unproven but the fact remains that Morales prepared longer and more systematic this time around.

However, I still firmly believe Pac will win coz Roach and Manny just anticipated clearly in their minds that Morales will be at his very best.

Expect a close match guys, closer than the second one. Pacquiao by late KO but if it will go the distance, it will be a suspenseful split decision for the Pacman!

Mabuhay ka Manny!!!
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:04 pm 
Cruiserweight

LOL! Freddie! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:13 pm 
Welterweight

kmlabrador99 wrote:

looking for money!ang kulit! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

do you think split decision in favor of Manny is possible under Bob Arum's turf? if it is a close match, EM will be favored, IMO. politics is in play.

i think the abs of EM speaks volume. He is very well conditioned and anticipating a body attack from the Pac. He is definitely well prepared.

Our hopes now lies on what Manny has to offer. and by the glimpse of what he has shown through the media, I believe Manny can do it again. Therefore, he needed our full support. I hope Filipinos in Vegas will give out their full support to pac to lift up his spirits.

GO PACMAN!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

he looks much older than previous...its all in his mind not in his body...pacman will win in fourth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:17 pm 
Lightweight

EM looks taking slimming pills , i think em wont last the distance with pac poers connecting every angle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:19 pm 
Lightweight

punching powers ,i mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

they're the same...pics just got took from different angles...stamina will play a big role in this fight though and i'm going for manny pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:43 pm 
Welterweight

rastamel wrote:
kmlabrador99 wrote:

roach thought it was a shining $ sign......... :roll:

erik's more vibrant as you say it is than of last jan's fight... i agree 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:01 pm 

jasonpr wrote:
do you think split decision in favor of Manny is possible under Bob Arum's turf? if it is a close match, EM will be favored, IMO. politics is in play.

i think the abs of EM speaks volume. He is very well conditioned and anticipating a body attack from the Pac. He is definitely well prepared.

Our hopes now lies on what Manny has to offer. and by the glimpse of what he has shown through the media, I believe Manny can do it again. Therefore, he needed our full support. I hope Filipinos in Vegas will give out their full support to pac to lift up his spirits.

GO PACMAN!!!!

Bro, sorry to say this but you do not know what you are saying. Do not downplay the integrity of the judges especially in a big and major fight like this. Before you speculate read and know your facts than just learning from hearsays. Bob Arum is really feared in Vegas but the Nevada State Athletic Commission is one of the most revered boxing commission in the states. They are independent from Arum and cannot simply be dictated.

Morales-Barrera fought in Vegas but Oscar's boy won over Bob Arum's Morales by MD(MD is almost like an SD). Jesus Chavez won a SD over Bob Arum's guy Carlos Hernandez. In this well-followed big time fights, promoters knows that a big mistake could lead to their downfall. I tell you, Pac-Morales is such highly marketable that politics is not needed to play a part. There is too much money on the fight that politics becomes useless. Besides, think that Arum also has interest on Pacquiao.

Let us give a fair treatment for both guys, hindi pa nagsisimula yung laban hinaluan na natin agad ng malisya, Eh di natin talaga matatangap sino ang magaling kung ganyan attitude natin.

Forgive me to say this guys but I noticed a lot of us is so nervous in this fight that they would rather want to think the controversial side if Morales will win or would downplay Morales' chances just to cover up our fears like saying he is over the hill.

I know not all are like that but many I can see are just making reasons to hide their fear. I advise you face the reality in this fight and measure objectively who would gonna win based on what you can see, that way you can lessen your fear.

Mabuhay ka Manny!!
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:19 pm 
Lightweight

the_captain wrote:
rastamel wrote:
kmlabrador99 wrote:

No.........he's making sure that the weight is correct. Isn't??

Baka kc nilagyan ng Baloons yung weight machine at para i-angat yung weighs na bakal....hehehehe (j.o.) :lol:

Last edited by bullet_in on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:20 pm 
Middleweight

Nice observation Sir Jawo..

Erik looks more focused this time, but Manny's physique cannot be underestimated too, he is more chiseled this time.. Pacman did his assignment well IMO (particularly his stamina).. all he need is to prove that he can pass the exam tomorrow..
Win or lose i expect Manny to give his best..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:30 pm 
Heavyweight

bullet_in wrote:
the_captain wrote:
rastamel wrote:
kmlabrador99 wrote:

Baka kc nilagyan ng Baloons yung weight machine at para i-angat yung weighs na bakal....hehehehe (j.o.) :lol:

Naaa! I think Roach is watching the weighing carefully co'z he is expecting a penalty of $$$ per excess weight.. Iba na yung malinaw ika nga!! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:37 pm 
Lightweight

albertdros wrote:
bullet_in wrote:
the_captain wrote:
rastamel wrote:
kmlabrador99 wrote:

Naaa! I think Roach is watching the weighing carefully co'z he is expecting a penalty of $$$ per excess weight.. Iba na yung malinaw ika nga!! :biglaugh:

Nice Observe my friend....u made me smile jejejeje...a hundred fold$!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:43 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i'd like to chip in 2 centavos worth of opinion.

while i agree and am convinced that em is really in a good fighting shape, thanks to velocity and the longer training period, i never read from anybody yet how manny have improved in this training. everybody knows that he got speed in his hands and can prance like a cat with his feet plus an equally powerful right hook, etc, but then those have been devised for the 2nd fight that resulted in the historic 10th round tko. fast forward grand finale, manny already had done a tuneup with larios and except for the unfortunate 3rd round, the whole fight was a display of his wares inside the ring. he controlled the fight and he did whatever went his mind in that tuneup. using that performance as a baseline, his latest training, though done in secrecy, i would suppose added 25% of what he was already. reading from fans' post here in pacland, most of them think em in good shape in nov 18 is fighting pacman of jan 21. no, no, no, mi amigos. good shape em will be fighting the scariest, deadliest fighting animal ever in the ring for his grand finale. pacman now is way, way different from that determined noob of their second outing. em will be fighting the latest version of mp unseen before. be afraid, be very afraid.

signing off.

- Manny Pacquiao