Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:38 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jawo wrote:
jasonpr wrote:
do you think split decision in favor of Manny is possible under Bob Arum's turf? if it is a close match, EM will be favored, IMO. politics is in play.

i think the abs of EM speaks volume. He is very well conditioned and anticipating a body attack from the Pac. He is definitely well prepared.

Our hopes now lies on what Manny has to offer. and by the glimpse of what he has shown through the media, I believe Manny can do it again. Therefore, he needed our full support. I hope Filipinos in Vegas will give out their full support to pac to lift up his spirits.

GO PACMAN!!!!

Bro, sorry to say this but you do not know what you are saying. Do not downplay the integrity of the judges especially in a big and major fight like this. Before you speculate read and know your facts than just learning from hearsays. Bob Arum is really feared in Vegas but the Nevada State Athletic Commission is one of the most revered boxing commission in the states. They are independent from Arum and cannot simply be dictated.

Morales-Barrera fought in Vegas but Oscar's boy won over Bob Arum's Morales by MD(MD is almost like an SD). Jesus Chavez won a SD over Bob Arum's guy Carlos Hernandez. In this well-followed big time fights, promoters knows that a big mistake could lead to their downfall. I tell you, Pac-Morales is such highly marketable that politics is not needed to play a part. There is too much money on the fight that politics becomes useless. Besides, think that Arum also has interest on Pacquiao.

Let us give a fair treatment for both guys, hindi pa nagsisimula yung laban hinaluan na natin agad ng malisya, Eh di natin talaga matatangap sino ang magaling kung ganyan attitude natin.

Forgive me to say this guys but I noticed a lot of us is so nervous in this fight that they would rather want to think the controversial side if Morales will win or would downplay Morales' chances just to cover up our fears like saying he is over the hill.

I know not all are like that but many I can see are just making reasons to hide their fear. I advise you face the reality in this fight and measure objectively who would gonna win based on what you can see, that way you can lessen your fear.

Mabuhay ka Manny!!
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!!!

correction bro, i know what im saying. you cannot help but speculate. speculations are part of life. there will always be the other side of the coin. there will always be politics in boxing whether you accept that or not.

in a close match, the decision will always be questioned by either sides and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

lastly, i have never doubted the chances of EM in this fight. if you read my whole post you can see that at least iam objective with my conviction. IMO, PAC will win basing from his previous performances and trainings though it is not a walk in the park for him coz i know EM is very much prepared, physically and mentally. my first sentence only states that in a close fight we just cant help but speculate. the war between the two promoters have escalated to a new level. besides, how many controversial decisions have been made in the annals of boxing? no matter how big is the fight especially if what is at stake is personal interest, politics may come into play. its a brennan and buchannan public choice theory, in case you dont know. thereofore, i have a grounds for speculations and im entitled to my own opinion. stating that "i dont know what im saying" is a disrespect to my opinion. just state your case and we'll take off from there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:01 pm 
Heavyweight

bullet_in wrote:
albertdros wrote:
bullet_in wrote:
the_captain wrote:
rastamel wrote:
kmlabrador99 wrote:

LOL! Freddie! :biglaugh:

looking for money!ang kulit! :lol:

roach thought it was a shining $ sign......... :roll:

erik's more vibrant as you say it is than of last jan's fight... i agree 8)

No.........he's making sure that the weight is correct. Isn't??

Baka kc nilagyan ng Baloons yung weight machine at para i-angat yung weighs na bakal....hehehehe (j.o.) :lol:

Naaa! I think Roach is watching the weighing carefully co'z he is expecting a penalty of $$$ per excess weight.. Iba na yung malinaw ika nga!! :biglaugh:

Nice Observe my friend....u made me smile jejejeje...a hundred fold$!

Roach: sh!t 129!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:03 pm 
Middleweight

Roach is checking it out..hehehe. he's making sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:33 pm 
Light Heavyweight

he was just trying on his new glasses..

:biglaugh:

perhaps they have their side bets of their own too on how EM would fair on the scale...that's possible..and from the looks of it, i think Roach just lost it(the bet).. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:21 am 
Welterweight

kmlabrador99 wrote:

LOL! Freddie! :biglaugh:

Freddie checking the unit of measure...

129 is for kg and not lbs.. oh, we missed the quater million fine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 am 
Lightweight

looks pretty much the same Morales to me.

I pick Pacman late rounds KO! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:17 am 
Welterweight

from 162lbs to 129lbs in just 4 months is no joke so i expect some hefty penalty on erik's body come fightnight. Manny wins by TKO