Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:36 am 
Middleweight

VILORIA LOOKING AT AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER RETURN
http://philboxing.com/news/story-83406.html

Former WBO/WBA flyweight champion Brian Viloria is looking at returning to the ring in either August or September.

Viloria who lost his titles to Juan Francisco Estrada of Mexico in Macau last April 6 told the Manila Standard that “we are looking at an August-September fight but we haven’t had anything locked up” even as he said his manager Gary Gittelsohn will discuss the possibilities with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum.

Viloria said he has been “going to the gym every other day and since last week I’ve been running and doing weights and stuff to keep myself in shape.” The former two division world champion told us he expects to know something definite by the end of this month.

Meantime, Estrada who won the title from Viloria in an exciting split decision victory is preparing to make his first title defense against undefeated mandatory contender Milan Melindo (29-0, 12 KO’s) at the Cotai Arena of the plush Venetian Resort Hotel in Macau on July 27. Melindo put on an impressive performance on the undercard of the Estrada-Viloria title fight to score a 4th round TKO over tough Indonesian Tommy Seran who had a solid record of 23-1 with 14 knockouts prompting Top Rank promoter Bob Arum to predict his title clash with Estrada would be an action-packed battle.

Boxingscene.com quoted Estrada who said “I am ready to face any opponent. I will prepare harder than ever to retain my title. I want to prove I’m the best and for that I must contend with the best. Melindo is undefeated and he will attempt to become champion but I’ll do what I have to do in the ring.”

-----------------------------------

Good to have you back so soon...Sana de-calibre yung kalaban mo kasi kung tune-up yan baka madisgrasya ka na naman.

Go BV 8)

Than to commit stupid mistakes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Santo_Papi wrote:

Former WBO/WBA flyweight champion Brian Viloria is looking at returning to the ring in either August or September.

Viloria who lost his titles to Juan Francisco Estrada of Mexico in Macau last April 6 told the Manila Standard that “we are looking at an August-September fight but we haven’t had anything locked up” even as he said his manager Gary Gittelsohn will discuss the possibilities with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum.

Viloria said he has been “going to the gym every other day and since last week I’ve been running and doing weights and stuff to keep myself in shape.” The former two division world champion told us he expects to know something definite by the end of this month.

Meantime, Estrada who won the title from Viloria in an exciting split decision victory is preparing to make his first title defense against undefeated mandatory contender Milan Melindo (29-0, 12 KO’s) at the Cotai Arena of the plush Venetian Resort Hotel in Macau on July 27. Melindo put on an impressive performance on the undercard of the Estrada-Viloria title fight to score a 4th round TKO over tough Indonesian Tommy Seran who had a solid record of 23-1 with 14 knockouts prompting Top Rank promoter Bob Arum to predict his title clash with Estrada would be an action-packed battle.

Boxingscene.com quoted Estrada who said “I am ready to face any opponent. I will prepare harder than ever to retain my title. I want to prove I’m the best and for that I must contend with the best. Melindo is undefeated and he will attempt to become champion but I’ll do what I have to do in the ring.”

Good to have you back so soon...Sana de-calibre yung kalaban mo kasi kung tune-up yan baka madisgrasya ka na naman.

Go BV 8)

I think Viloria will be returning next year,..no news about the possible next opponent for Viloria or the promoter having hard time to market's Viloria's fight as of now?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:59 pm 
Middleweight

kenshinsasuke wrote:
Santo_Papi wrote:

Go BV 8)

I think Viloria will be returning next year,..no news about the possible next opponent for Viloria or the promoter having hard time to market's Viloria's fight as of now?

i believe so too...parang press release lang yung ginawa nila na babalik siya this year...

Than to commit stupid mistakes

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:21 am 
Lightweight

Viloria will be Back Again in:
Saturday 19 July 2014
Cotai Arena, Venetian Resort, Macao, Macao S.A.R., China

and in my opinion this will be a flyweight Contender match up considering that he just come back from vacation..xD