Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:29 am 
Heavyweight

With regards.pacquiao-sanches fight.I think the fight was going manny's way.yes it was stop,but had it not then manny could have won the fight coz sanchez already felt the power of manny's blow's.At present sanchez is already retired.I think he was strip of his title coz it was discovered that his eyesight was already damaged.Now who do you think did those damage to his eyes?No need to answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:33 am 

I think he will fight again (Sanchez) in Dec agains Joan Guzman, Im sure he will do his antics against Joan but he will get knocked out this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:13 pm 
Welterweight

Jawo wala na rin akong masasabi dyan sa Barrera Paquiao fight. You have presented some good arguments on why Paquioa will win. But then I'm still not convince. My gut feeling is that Paquiao is going to lose this fight. My only hope is that he will still be as popular in getting back to 122 where he trully belongs. Ricardo Lopez I think stayed in only one division until retirement and manage to stay unbeaten and very popular. We have only one champion today and we shouldn't be putting his reputation in jeopardy. Manny reigns at 122 and except for the money he doesn't need Barrera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:28 pm 

Rudy, you have good points in our argument and most are reasonable but i have reasons to believe Manny can win.

Anyway, though we have differences in opinion, i always respect yours and i can see in you that you know your boxing.

Hope pare mali ka at tama ako, kasi pinoy ka rin naman at sigurado gusto mo ring manalo si Manny. I believe you are just being realistic and objective.

i respect you bro...

Mabuhay ka Manny!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:25 pm 
Strawweight

Sa opinion ko mga bro hindi matatalo ni barrera si manny kase si Marco always open ang defense nya evertime he executes his powerful punches. In almost every fight nya ganun ang nakikita ko lalao na sa later rounds parang nasa systema na nya talaga yun. matibay lang ang katawan nya and can take punches kaya di na KKO ang loko. palagay ko hindi sya makikipagsabayan kay manny sa first 6 rounds. dapat lang pagingatan ni manny yun jabs at hooks ni barrera kc mabilis yun loko sa ganun. yung combination naman ni barrera puro powder puff punches lang kayang kaya tanggapin ni manny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:51 am 
Lightweight

my true opinion is, if Manny can't knock barrera out early it's going to go to the cards and barrera is going to take it.

but i am with you jawo, manny has a big chance of taking the fight and it shouldn't go the distance. barrera has a weak chin and manny just has too much power. if manny gets to barrera it's over. he won't be able to recover as what happened to the junior jones fight. barrera to a big punch is like my cousin to alcohol. once he gets the taste, there is no turning back. morales never got a clean shot off barrera but i was expecting a knockout by morales when those guys met. has anybody ever noticed how barrera have his gloves to his chin when he fights?

i am not all with pacquiao because you just can't just dismiss the mexican champion. there's a reason why he has his title. the guy can box and we can't deny that. Even manny can't say anything because he knows there's a big chance he's gonna lose but he is open to that and so should we. but nonetheless, manny is going to kick A VER BIG NAME off the pound for pound list yeahhhhh!!! but seriously, there is a big window of opportunity here for our champ and if he gets through, those pound for pound lists are going to collapse. CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE THAT. after Nov 15 there are going to be alot of interesting articles for us to read.

For me, pacquiao don't even have to win he is going to give barrera trouble enough for these experts to pop their eyes out and wonder where the guy with barrera is coming from. and if he does pull off the upset, there will be chaos.

all the best to you Manny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:51 pm 
Featherweight

As for my opinion, Manny should develop more his defense and movements, to outpoint MAB. As for his last fight, we witnessed the way he defend and moves to frustrate LUCERo. If he can develop that more and use that defense to go with his killer punches, then there's no way MAB can last the distance against Manny...

Dont be intimidated Manny...You are a class of your own...

MABUHAY ANG PILIPINAS !!!

:celebrate:

Post subject: we all win
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:14 am 
Lightweight

whatever the outcome of the fight, WE, the fans are the winners come November 15.

i am both a MAB and Pacman fan. in my heart, i want Pac to win because he is the underdog (a live one at that). but i also know that if this happens, my elation would be shallow and short-lived because of the fact that MAB is one of my all-time favorite ring gladiators who personifies a true and noble warrior in and out of the ring. my personal estimation of MAB has even doubled these past few weeks because, like Pacman, he has resisted talking smack about his opponent.

as a matter of fact, i just put down an article on MAB wherein he stated that he respects Pacman as a fighter and even more as a person because he knows of Pac's humble roots and he identifies with that. he even said something to this effect: "This is nothing personal. it's a one night affair. Why make somebody (referring to Pac, of course) your enemy when you can make him your friend?"

now, that is just downright classy if you ask me....

to MAB and Pac, whatever happens on fight night, BOTH of you guys will always be up there in my list of true ring heroes!

Post subject: Re: we all win
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:32 am 
Site Admin

blockbuster wrote:
as a matter of fact, i just put down an article on MAB wherein he stated that he respects Pacman as a fighter and even more as a person because he knows of Pac's humble roots and he identifies with that. he even said something to this effect: "This is nothing personal. it's a one night affair. Why make somebody (referring to Pac, of course) your enemy when you can make him your friend?"

You're right. My hat's off to MAB. He's a real class act.

Post subject: korek k dyan kabaya...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:45 am 
Bantamweight

3rd round lang tapos na C marco,hehehe!!!

MABUHAY KA MANNY!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:16 pm 
Welterweight

Why does Barrera sound friendly? Let's hope it's for real. But I believe he is just so overflowing with confidence. When a boxer is insecure or intimidated that's how he starts trash talking. Barrera didn't sound like that when he fought Morales, a guy who probably intimidated him. I believe this fight will take its due course and Barrera will win either by decision or late round stopage. But in the unlikely event of an upset and Manny will win I would like to hear Barera maintaining that diplomatic tone and admiration for Paquiaos's humble beginnig and then we know it's genuine and we can salute him. Despite Barrera's probable over confidence in this fight I think he is as fully prepared as he does in all his fight. He is like an air plane pilot trained to treat every routine flight as a potential danger, taking no chances. As a Filipino I truely wish Paquiao will win though all conventional boxing logic points otherwise. So let's just hope Paquiao will not lose badly if he losses and his career can still be revived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:01 am 

rudeored wrote:
Why does Barrera sound friendly? Let's hope it's for real. But I believe he is just so overflowing with confidence. When a boxer is insecure or intimidated that's how he starts trash talking. Barrera didn't sound like that when he fought Morales, a guy who probably intimidated him. I believe this fight will take its due course and Barrera will win either by decision or late round stopage. But in the unlikely event of an upset and Manny will win I would like to hear Barera maintaining that diplomatic tone and admiration for Paquiaos's humble beginnig and then we know it's genuine and we can salute him. Despite Barrera's probable over confidence in this fight I think he is as fully prepared as he does in all his fight. He is like an air plane pilot trained to treat every routine flight as a potential danger, taking no chances. As a Filipino I truely wish Paquiao will win though all conventional boxing logic points otherwise. So let's just hope Paquiao will not lose badly if he losses and his career can still be revived.

How about Ali who trash talk everybody ? the Morales thing is the doing of Maldonado to promote the fight, now he's being promoted by DLH there's no need to trash talk just boxing. Both of em are confident to win but really not taking each other lightly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

rudeored wrote:

You have a point my friend. However, I personally believe Barrera's friendliness is for real.

As for Pacquiao's chances of winning, I'm putting my hopes in that Manny is a developing fighter and will have new skills to show that we haven't seen before. Plus, let's never forget his natural punching power!!!!!!! One thing you can never ignore!!!!! (Me thinking of Roy Jones, he's got a lot of skills, but could he have done what he's done if he didn't have major punching power?)

If he loses I hope he takes that as a lesson and becomes a counter-puncher. Yes, he's gonna have difficulty reviving his career if he gets beaten up, but seriously, that's not gonna happen! Worst thing could happen is he loses gracefully.

Just trying to cheer you up, rudeored. Maybe the political situation in our country is getting you down and affecting your evaluation of our boy Manny's chances? :)

Babangon din ang Pilipinas! Kelan? Di ko masabi pero nalalapit na!!!!

Sisikat din si Manny Pacquiao! Kelan? Ngayong Linggo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:41 pm 
Flyweight

Cheers! You make all of us proud especially those of the guys at the billiard halls that is rooting for you.

Truly it's one heck of a fight that Manny gave in there, I have listened to the commentator and they too were impressed by a boxer like manny maintaining such quickness and relentless attack up to 11 rounds like it seems always the first round.

I also see the difference in manny's moves, the way he rolls and moves his head. And so far I have seen manny have a much stronger chin now. All cheers to you. I know you can WIN all your fights as long as you throw the same focus and as what you shown in this fight. You have matured and seeing all your fights, This is by far the BEST and NO FEAR.

I know Paulie Ayala, Erik Morales will prepare now. I hope to see that you will Unify the title and more weight divisions. You've have brought back the glory to Philippines, that is ruined by our politicians.

All the Best,

REBEL RIDERS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:54 pm 
Flyweight

Now all those who don't believed manny can't make it! Eat your heart out and you were proven wrong. For me no Odds are great for a determined man and with all heart he has the strong will to win and with the kind of skills that Manny hone from training with Roach he will go a long way.

For those who don't believed that he will be a devastating 126lbs fighter, I know you feel like being punched by manny on your kisser and your lips folded back touching your nose..he he he he he.

Give it to Manny he is truly one great fighter. He's attitude on and off the ring is remarkable and his sense of competition and challenge is high. All we need is to support him and sometimes it's hard to accept that many filipinos have instilled in their mind the CRAB MENTALITY, which will not make a better man.

For those who rooted for Manny, Let's celebrate and it can't get better than this. MABUHAY!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next