Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:01 pm 
Heavyweight

This statement of Pac will prove that he's not chickening out,Manny is a warrior & he never ducked anybody in his career......

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/he ... EiISE.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:05 pm 
Light Heavyweight

that's why he's the PacMan......... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:18 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
"He (Barrera) doesn't have a choice because the boxing world knows that I am the best in the division. He doesn't really want to fight me and he is just forced to say that he likes to fight me. But deep inside, he doesn't want to have anything to do with me," said Pacquiao.

Right on Manny... :)

Last edited by JE on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

Watch out MAB because Manny will go for you! Hide this early or else you will be a dressed chicken! :bounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:24 pm 
Welterweight

"He (Barrera) doesn't have a choice because the boxing world knows that I am the best in the division. He doesn't really want to fight me and he is just forced to say that he likes to fight me. But deep inside, he doesn't want to have anything to do with me," said Pacquiao...

(Fightnews.com, "Pacman: Barrera doesn't scare me!"
Friday, March 10 2006, By Nick Giongco)

_______

Perfectly said, Pacman! Funny thing is, both MAB and MP's words and actions bespeak MAB's CHICKEN posturing.

Quo vadis, MAB?

To the poultry farm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:26 pm 
Heavyweight

strong words coming from Manny.. nice one.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:27 pm 
Featherweight

The chicken was asking for a shark. Now the shark is coming in his way. Run chicken! They should be more careful in what they are wishing for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:30 pm 
Welterweight

pac-man fears no one he is a real champion, thats why he is so popular around the world, he has the haert of a champion, he is a real warrior...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Run Marco Run for your life! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
He wants Morales? I thought he was not going to fight Morales at 132, the only weight at which Morales would consider fighting Pacquiao again. I don't understand why Pacquiao idoes not want to fight Barrera ASAP. Great money, to disprove Barrera's excuses...why not fight Barrera again? It would be a huge fight, even more than Morales-Pacquiao III.

Pacquiao should tell Barrera, "You want some more punishment!? Bring it on puto, anytime..anywhere! Let's get it on!" Now Pacquiao has other plans with Larios and Morales, when in fact Larios is scheduled to fight Vasquez, and Morales won't fight Pacquiao unless it's at 132 lbs. I would imagine Pacquiao would have been more excited about a rematch with Barrera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:28 pm 
Lightweight

I'm sure he's excited. When they called him up about the fight, he said "Laban !" (Fight), no hesitation, and there is the news that his friend is trying to arrange it instead of the planned tune-up fight. Obviously, Manny wants it too and gave the go-ahead to Wakee Salud to TRY and get it done.

There probably is a problem somewhere, some legalities to iron out since MAB is calling him out of the blue at a time when he has many commitments to meet, both boxing and personal (and MAB probably is aware of this). So we can only wait while his team assesses the damage.

In this scenario, MAB will be called chicken again, it's like Manny is in jail, and he's outside calling him to come out and fight, knowing he can't (although there is the possibilty that the guards will let him out for a while :)).

If he really wants Manny, and if contracts for a tune-up had been signed, he should ask the promoters to pay off Manny's opponent, and take his place. Unless he wants HBO coverage, then his promoters should ask HBO to go to Manila, or work with ABS-CBN for a US fight :)

As for that 132-lb issue, that's an issue only today. Come near fight time, one will give in one way or the other. Nothing is fixed until it is confirmed, all are just part of the game. And folks like us can only guess what will happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:49 pm 
Middleweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
He wants Morales? I thought he was not going to fight Morales at 132, the only weight at which Morales would consider fighting Pacquiao again. I don't understand why Pacquiao idoes not want to fight Barrera ASAP. Great money, to disprove Barrera's excuses...why not fight Barrera again? It would be a huge fight, even more than Morales-Pacquiao III.

Pacquiao should tell Barrera, "You want some more punishment!? Bring it on puto, anytime..anywhere! Let's get it on!" Now Pacquiao has other plans with Larios and Morales, when in fact Larios is scheduled to fight Vasquez, and Morales won't fight Pacquiao unless it's at 132 lbs. I would imagine Pacquiao would have been more excited about a rematch with Barrera.

MP had promise to his countrymen that his next fight will be @ Manila be it Larios which was the original choice or someone else. Now as far as I know MP is contractually obligated to fight EM which EM had already exercised. He'll fight EM @ 132 only if the money is right. Now, if MAB is really aching to revenge his lost against his "thorn" as what his spokeperson had said, he has 3 chances...(1) Step in for Larios for the Manila fight (I doubt it!). (2) Offer more money than EM camp if they insist on fighting @ 132 (Arum vs Golden Boy bidding war). (3) Wait in line like everyone else coz MP is on top where everyone wants to be right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
"He (Barrera) doesn't have a choice because the boxing world knows that I am the best in the division. He doesn't really want to fight me and he is just forced to say that he likes to fight me. But deep inside, he doesn't want to have anything to do with me," said Pacquiao...

Astig mo Idol!!!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 pm 
Welterweight

I hope they got the message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

they should fight again this summer.... never mind the tune up fight go for the gold manny.... it's about time.... :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]