Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: 0 for 2 on American soil
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

So far in this month, the Philippine boxers that came to America this weekend to try and give a good effort has been failing.

First Domingo isn't cleared to fight because he has hepatitis B.

Now BobPac lost his fight and got deducted a point for blowblows.

What a horrible effort so far.

It's up to BoomBoom now to save the day... and give us at least one win in this 3 fight scenario.

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:07 am 
Cruiserweight

pinoyflipboi wrote:
So far in this month, the Philippine boxers that came to America this weekend to try and give a good effort has been failing.

It's up to BoomBoom now to save the day... and give us at least one win in this 3 fight scenario.

Bob deducted again for low blow?!, Don't know what's in Bob's fist in giving his opponents a BLOW BLOWS :shock: anyways first and foremost it was unfortunate that Domingo's fight was canceled due of having hepa B, hope he recover soon and fight for world title, bad cause of Hepa, not that bad because he ain't lose to any opponent, while BobPac should retire and try to be a trainer maybe his luck is there, and Boom2x will win big this time, I just sense it :)

Pacquiao took a big gamble by leaning against the ropes to invite Cotto to whale away, like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope. Only a gutsy and fearless fighter would do it. Pacquiao once more showed how big his heart is..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:17 am 
Heavyweight

give Boom Boom a chance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:28 am 
Featherweight

silsplace wrote:
pinoyflipboi wrote:

Bob deducted again for low blow?!, Don't know what's in Bob's fist in giving his opponents a BLOW BLOWS :shock: anyways first and foremost it was unfortunate that Domingo's fight was canceled due of having hepa B, hope he recover soon and fight for world title, bad cause of Hepa, not that bad because he ain't lose to any opponent, while BobPac should retire and try to be a trainer maybe his luck is there, and Boom2x will win big this time, I just sense it :)

lawl.. i sense deeper meaning in your opinion bro.. lawl is he a fag? jstkddng :) what s next for bob? blow j*b :) jstfoolinround

but seriously, in fairness with bob, he doesnt envy what his brother's achievements.. which is good and healthy for the siblings.. if i were bob, i'd rather hang my gloves and join manny as his personal trainer or whatsoever...

GBTT: correction, we already lost the wbc straw weight (florante condes) and even lost recently (sonny boy jaro) so we're 0-4 now..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:44 am 
Welterweight

next pinas will have anothewr loss on DEC 6 THATS FO SURE....LOL 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:59 am 
Featherweight

pinayluva wrote:
next pinas will have anothewr loss on DEC 6 THATS FO SURE....LOL 8)

instead of being a neg-thinker, why not trying the other way around..? will you? lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:50 pm 
Middleweight

silsplace wrote:
pinoyflipboi wrote:

Maybe Bobpac's fists are just to heavy, being pulled down by gravity and hits the groin instead of the body. Next time (if there are) i think he should target the chest so he'll hit the mid section or he'll target the forehead so he can hit the jaw. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :peace: :peace: :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:30 pm 
Middleweight

IS THERE STILL ANY FUTURE FOR BOBPAC?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jhoelchua85 wrote:
IS THERE STILL ANY FUTURE FOR BOBPAC?

He's the current WBO Asia-Pacific Lightweight Champion.

In my opinion, he would've been better off just defending that title against an As-Pac contender instead of fighting Robert Frankel in America.

His record makes promoters shy away from him, but his last name allows him to still get decent fights.

Only way to save BobPac is to have him fight against WBO contenders, since he's non existant in the rankings of the other organizations.

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE